Question to any JW

Question to any JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Well neither are the Catholics, Baptist, 7th Day Anventist, Mormans, etc, etc. Soooooo what's your point?
My point is that Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania comes across like a cult.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12
3 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
bed knobs and broomsticks, with the brooms up your asses more like! 😏

-m.
dont you have a sticky rook on the fifth to sort out, a 1900+ rated player who does not
know how to win with a rook and a pawn v a lone king and a pawn, care to explain
this? It is after all, one of your games, is it not?

and the explanation is?

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
My point is that Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania comes across like a cult.
haha, its the best you can do, simply because you say it is, doesn't make it so.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Lol. So do all religions.

But the point that you are apparently tring to make as most do is we can't be the "right" religion as we are different then the so called mainstream religions. Right? If so what the heck does that have to do with who God approves?

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Not exactly. I have friends who tried to walk away from JW and had an experience that would suggest that JW is a cult. I also know - very well - someone who walked away from Scientology and had a heap of creepy trouble. I walked away from being a Catholic with no 'cult' like problems.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12
1 edit

But the point that you are apparently tring to make as most do is we can't be the "right" religion as we are different then the so called mainstream religions. Right? If so what the heck does that have to do with who God approves?
they cannot even tell the difference between a watchtower article and the Bible, an
article relating to those who will survive Armageddon and a scriptural reference
detailing the resurrection of millions after the event, yet here they are, professing to be
experts on our beliefs and practices? why, because if they think it is, well it must be, it
deserves to be mocked for the sheer negligence to detail and lack of substantiating evidence.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dont you have a sticky rook on the fifth to sort out, a 1900+ rated player who does not
know how to win with a rook and a pawn v a lone king and a pawn, care to explain
this? It is after all, one of your games, is it not?

[pgn][pgn] [FEN "8/3k4/8/r6p/8/6KP/8/8 b - - 0 53"] 53... h4+ 54. Kxh4 Rb5 55. Kg4
Rc5 56. h4 Rd5 57. h5 Re5 58. Kh4 Rxh5+ 59. Kxh5[/pgn]

and the explanation is?
My opponent was ill, and requested a draw. I gave the win to him to relieve him....... what's your problem WITH THAT? You know so much, don't you, about life!

Sorry, can you let it lie amongst all of your bigger problems. Don't waste my oxygen please. As for your analysis, you were wrong anyway, but why are you bringing chess issues to spirituality? A bit lost are we? 😀

You are a wasted twat, to be frank. And you representation of JWs stinks. You aren't a JW, you just take the piss out of them. Alert, if you want, but it won't change you, will it?????????????? 😳

Mike! ! ! !

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

But the point that you are apparently tring to make as most do is we can't be the "right" religion as we are different then the so called mainstream religions. Right?
I am not "apparently trying to make" any such point. I don't think your religion is any more or less "true" or "right" than Dasa's or my Muslim neighbour's. The topic here is whether your organization is a "cult", not about "so called mainstream religions".

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
they cannot even tell the difference between a watchtower article and the Bible, an
article relating to those who will survive Armageddon and a scriptural reference
detailing the resurrection of millions after the event, yet here they are, professing to be
experts on our beliefs and practices? why, because if they think it is, well it must be, ...[text shortened]...
deserves to be mocked for the sheer negligence to detail and lack of substantiating evidence.
Of course I could recognize the difference between the WT article and the bible: I asked you about the WT article over and over again. And I asked about your beliefs. I never attempted to quote scripture at you. It was you that kept evading the point blank question by mentioning the bible. Pointedly so. Go back and read the exchange.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12
1 edit

My opponent was ill, and requested a draw. I gave the win to him to relieve him....... what's your problem WITH THAT? You know so much, don't you, about life!

Sorry, can you let it lie amongst all of your bigger problems. Don't waste my oxygen please. As for your analysis, you were wrong anyway, but why are you bringing chess issues to spirituality? A bi them. Alert, if you want, but it won't change you, will it?????????????? 😳

Mike! ! ! !
you never gave him a win at all, the game was a draw, you do know the difference
between a win and a draw, dont you, so lets get this, your opponent was ill, so you
played, ...h4, he was still ill a little time later so you played, ...Rb5, he never
recovered, so you played, ...Rc5, he was still ill some time later and you played
your sticky rook to d5, again he seemed to be poorly so you played, ...Re5, my that
is a sticky rank and eventually the game ended in a draw,

1.so we are asked to believe your opponent requested a draw and rather than give
him one, you played the worst endgame i think i have ever seen, why not offer him
a draw out right, he was after all ill.

2. It was a clan game, was your clan leader also aware than you throw won games
by offering draws to poorly opponents?

3. why bring it up, because as on the chessboard as in life, lies and hypocrisy dont
last very long, that is why. You may draw your own conclusions from that, or will I
spell it out for you, at your level.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Of course I could recognize the difference between the WT article and the bible: I asked you about the WT article over and over again. And I asked about your beliefs. I never attempted to quote scripture at you. It was you that kept evading the point blank question by mentioning the bible. Pointedly so. Go back and read the exchange.
yes yes, Robbie and the Gman and the awesome ones 1 FMF and the noobsters and
dissenters 0,

good game but we are the champions, no time for losers!

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
robbie isn't capable of answering logical questions, as he believes he is above them, and yet he doesn't recognise them. It's defined as a simple human flaw, but for him it's unfortunate.

-m.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Not exactly. I have friends who tried to walk away from JW and had an experience that would suggest that JW is a cult. I also know - very well - someone who walked away from Scientology and had a heap of creepy trouble. I walked away from being a Catholic with no 'cult' like problems.
Maybe you didn't but I know many who did. Their families "shuned" them and I have seen that first hand with my mother and her family in the Baptist religion. Once she decided she no longer wanted that religious belief, her relationship with all her relatives has never been the same and that was not something she provoked.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

robbie isn't capable of answering logical questions, as he believes he is above them, and yet he doesn't recognise them. It's defined as a simple human flaw, but for him it's unfortunate.

-m.
Just go back and read this thread, if you're in the mood. His twisting and turning and stonewalling is truly peculiar.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Maybe you didn't but I know many who did. Their families "shuned" them and I have seen that first hand with my mother and her family in the Baptist religion. Once she decided she no longer wanted that religious belief, her relationship with all her relatives has never been the same and that was not something she provoked.
Yes, well, Ok. I detest cult like behaviour by which I mean the treatment of members and ex-members that goes with it. So you won't find me defending anything of that nature.