Question to any JW

Question to any JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am not "apparently trying to make" any such point. I don't think your religion is any more or less "true" or "right" than Dasa's or my Muslim neighbour's. The topic here is whether your organization is a "cult", not about "so called mainstream religions".
Well the topic I'm answering about is all religions can qualify as a cult according to the common descriptions of the world. So if we are a cult so are all other religions.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you never gave him a win at all, the game was a draw, you do know the difference
between a win and a draw, dont you, so lets get this, your opponent was ill, so you
played, ...h4, he was still ill a little time later so you played, ...Rb5, he never
recovered, so you played, ...Rc5, he was still ill some time later and you played
your sticky r ...[text shortened]... . You may draw your own conclusions from that, or will I
spell it out for you, at your level.
You have no understanding of rhetoric, even if it ever slapped you in the face.

-m.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Well the topic I'm answering about is all religions can qualify as a cult according to the common descriptions of the world. So if we are a cult so are all other religions.
Have you ever met or known any ex-scientologists?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, well, Ok. I detest cult like behaviour by which I mean the treatment of members and ex-members that goes with it. So you won't find me defending anything of that nature.
The differance that one should look for though when it comes to someone being shunned is for the reason for this action and for the scriptural basis for this shunning.
If one shuns or removes one from the association of the church then there should be and has to be a scriptural reason.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Have you ever met or known any ex-scientologists?
Not that I'm aware of.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

The differance that one should look for though when it comes to someone being shunned is for the reason for this action and for the scriptural basis for this shunning.
If one shuns or removes one from the association of the church then there should be and has to be a scriptural reason.
Yes, well obviously I do not buy into excuses like that, while I understand why you would.

rc

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by mikelom
You have no understanding of rhetoric, even if it ever slapped you in the face.

-m.
yes yes, with your credibility now at zero your words may mean something to someone
somewhere, Mr Sticky rook on the 5th. In yo face!

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Not that I'm aware of.
OK, well you won't be able to empathize with me about my experience with/perception of either ex-scientologists or ex-JWs.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes yes, with your credibility now at zero your words may mean something to someone
somewhere, Mr Sticky rook on the 5th. In yo face!
Love you too! 😉

-m.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, well obviously I do not buy into excuses like that, while I understand why you would.
So if you were in a church as a member and the person sitting next to you was a known fornicator, you would not shun them or expect your church to shun them?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
OK, well you won't be able to empathize with me about my experience with/perception of either ex-scientologists or ex-JWs.
About the scientologist no. I don't know too much about them but from what I've seen it seems to draw wealthier people which to me rasies a big red flag.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

So if you were in a church as a member and the person sitting next to you was a known fornicator, you would not shun them or expect your church to shun them?
I am not a religionist, galveston75.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am not a religionist, galveston75.
I know but that doesn't answer my question to you...

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

I know but that doesn't answer my question to you...
Your question should be directed at a religionist - someone who claims to know "God's instructions" and have some sort of 'code' that leads to immortality of some kind. I am not one of these. I am not a religionist. I do not claim to know what "God's instructions" are; I don't think you know what they are either. I do not claim to have some sort of 'code' that leads to immortality of some kind; I don't think you have one either. Your question should be posed to fellow religionists.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Feb 12

People that go to church still sin. Fornication is but one of many possible sins. So no, I would not shun them.