Question to any JW

Question to any JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Exactly, gluttons = overweight. Yet i wonder how many overweight people are removed from congregations each year?

Maybe Galvoston could give us a figure for his congregation.
It's "galveston" and I have no figure for that. Why would I?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by galveston75
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/2010-04-26-column26_ST_N.htm

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/adultery

http://www.answers.com/topic/adultery

Very interesting info here.
The enforceability of adultery laws in the United States is unclear following Supreme Court decisions since 1965 relating to privacy and sexual intimacy of consenting adults.[48] However, occasional prosecutions do occur.[49]

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery

Bravo for the Supreme Court. I was not aware there were still prosecutions. I'd like to see these laws done away with.

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

Yes I read all of it and yes my God is Jehovah the God of the Bible and yes all religions are a cult if you use the meaning the world puts on it.
So what's your point?
Good, we agree that Jehovas Witness is a cult. Fine.

Our friend Robbie is very furious when I call JW a cult, but since you call it a cult too, then it shouldn't be any problem with him in the future.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Feb 12

You are probably right. The point of these laws are to keep the congregation clean morally and physically. The laws are not meant to harm anyone ever but to enrich ones life spiritually and to keep them healthy.
Might they need the support of God/the church in changing their ways/going on a diet? Seems kind of harsh to just throw them out and say "come back when you've lost 100 pounds".

And how does the church determine who is too overweight? Are they going to have to start taking BMI [body mass index] measurements at the door? 😵

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Good, we agree that Jehovas Witness is a cult. Fine.

Our friend Robbie is very furious when I call JW a cult, but since you call it a cult too, then it shouldn't be any problem with him in the future.
You are missing the point. It seems no matter what I say you think what you want and that is fine...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
The enforceability of adultery laws in the United States is unclear following Supreme Court decisions since 1965 relating to privacy and sexual intimacy of consenting adults.[48] However, occasional prosecutions do occur.[49]

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery

Bravo for the Supreme Court. I was not aware there were still prosecutions. I'd like to see these laws done away with.
So sins like this and all the pain and broken families it causes is fine with you? I hope you're not serious.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
02 Feb 12

So sins like this and all the pain and broken families it causes is fine with you? I hope you're not serious.
No, they are not 'fine with me'. I think adultery is morally wrong. I just don't think the government should prosecute two consenting adults for what they do in their own bedroom.

The government has limited time and resources; it cannot and should not prosecute all moral wrongs. It already spends enough time on the issue making the parents pay their fair share of child support/alimony, deciding visitation rights, etc.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Feb 12
1 edit

It's "galveston" and I have no figure for that. Why would I?
That's a hybrid of Galvo and Galveston. I'll stick to the former.

Do you know of any individual who has been removed from your congregation for being overweight?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Feb 12
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it is our beliefs that,

1. Only those doing Gods will shall survive Armageddon (that would be us, Jehovahs
witnesses)

2. Untold countless millions of others, who never knew of Gods will or purposes shall be
resurrected after Armageddon and have the prospect of living on a paradise earth.

both of these points have clear scriptural references despite your aversion to those
references.
1. Only those doing Gods will shall survive Armageddon (that would be us, Jehovahs witnesses)

Ok, so all non JWs will be destroyed at Armagedon (whatever that actually is). If you want to avoid Armegedon destruction join the JW earthly organisation based in Pennsylvania.

2. Untold countless millions of others, who never knew of Gods will or purposes shall be resurrected after Armageddon and have the prospect of living on a paradise earth.

So are you saying here that eternal life on earth is available to non-JWs? Or only to those non JWs who have never heard of the JW organisation? I.e. Are those destroyed in 1) therefore excluded from being in 2)?

F

Moves
02 Feb 12

You are missing the point. It seems no matter what I say you think what you want and that is fine...
No no. You say that all christian churches can be called cults. And I agree. But now we are talking about the JW cult. I understand your words perfectly.

If only robbie can agree with you too...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Feb 12

The answer is NO if you do not join the JW's and their one true religion then you will be destroyed out of existance !!!

LOL

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's a hybrid of Galvo and Galveston. I'll stick to the former.

Do you know of any individual who has been removed from your congregation for being overweight?
Nope....But if your going where I think your going, this scripture does not apply to ones who may have health problems or genitic problems that causes them to be over weight. Look up the meaning of a glutten and hopefully you'll get the point of why a glutten could be removed from the congregation.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
No, they are not 'fine with me'. I think adultery is morally wrong. I just don't think the government should prosecute two consenting adults for what they do in their own bedroom.

The government has limited time and resources; it cannot and should not prosecute all moral wrongs. It already spends enough time on the issue making the parents pay their fair share of child support/alimony, deciding visitation rights, etc.
Well I'm glad to hear that. But you need to realize that as imperfect as human governments are and do step over the lines at time worldwide, God allows them to exist at this time. One of the things Jesus said to do was to obey the laws of the land as long as they do not go directly against God's laws.
So if one takes this command from Jesus literally then one would be breaking the laws of the land if they commited a wrongful sexual act and of course God's laws on top of that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by menace71
The answer is NO if you do not join the JW's and their one true religion then you will be destroyed out of existance !!!

LOL
So after youy take those aspirins for the headaches we cause you, you'd better run and hide so God won't find you and burn you in hell forever...Lol

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Feb 12

Nope....But if your going where I think your going, this scripture does not apply to ones who may have health problems or genitic problems that causes them to be over weight. Look up the meaning of a glutten and hopefully you'll get the point of why a glutten could be removed from the congregation.
You would really do that...?

Everyday you negatively surprise me.

😞