Qur'an

Qur'an

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
And if you read the Bible you will find it too.

Some muslim scholars belive that Budda was a messanger too. He came witht the message to his people. But it is modified like other messages.
So are you accepting that the truth can be found in Buddhism? Your answer wasn't very clear. Do you call yourself Buddhist?

a

Moves
28 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
So are you accepting that the truth can be found in Buddhism? Your answer wasn't very clear. Do you call yourself Buddhist?
No I belive that Buddhist were Muslims. But they forgot the message and remembered the messanger they called themselves after him.

a

Moves
28 Nov 06

No I disagree. We both accept that the universe exists and that we are part of it. Neither of us believe in it, it just is. You however believe in something else in addition to the universe, not as an alternative. You talk of a 'problem' to be solved but do not explain what that 'problem' is.
Are you sure 100% that the universe is everything?

s

Moves
28 Nov 06

Yes you can of course. And that will solve the problem. At that time you will know exactly where is the truth!!!! 😀
😵 Of course. That's brilliant. Here I am reading the Qur'an, when I could just stab myself to death and see for myself. 🙄

Don't know why I never thought of that. 😉

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Any discussion about spirituality founded on binary opposites (big/small etc) is going to be absurd. Of course, that's what your Lao Tzus, Blakes and what have you are all getting at.
Maybe, but I'm assigning all living things a superior status.

s

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Maybe, but I'm assigning all living things a superior status.
Because of the likeness with your self?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by stocken
Because of the likeness with your self?
Because, at worst, they revert to non-living status.

w

Moves
29 Nov 06

No I belive that Buddhist were Muslims. But they forgot the message and remembered the messanger they called themselves after him.
So were the same people responsible for corrupting the message of Buddah as were for corrupting the Bible of today? After all, I have read many sayings of Buddah but do not remember him ever saying anything in reference to Allah. In fact, would you say that every religion of today has lost their way from originally being Muslim? Perhaps Mohammad is the only prophet to preserve the true way? It reminds me of Christs claim, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." Perhaps you feel the same about Mohammad?

a

Moves
29 Nov 06
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
So were the same people responsible for corrupting the message of Buddah as were for corrupting the Bible of today? After all, I have read many sayings of Buddah but do not remember him ever saying anything in reference to Allah. In fact, would you say that every religion of today has lost their way from originally being Muslim? Perhaps Mohammad is the onl life. No one comes to the Father but through me." Perhaps you feel the same about Mohammad?
All the prophets for me are the same. There is no difference, except one. They all came with the same message. The submission to GOD.

Islam = Submission.

If you submit yourself to GOD then you are a Muslim.

But submission is not only to know that he is there. It is also to follow what he want from you.

It is very simple.

Were the same people responsible for corrupting the message of Buddah as were for corrupting the Bible of today?

Are you really asking a question?

w

Moves
29 Nov 06

All the prophets for me are the same. There is no difference, except one. They all came with the same message. The submission to GOD.

Islam = Submission.

But submission is not only to know that he is there. It is also to follow what he want from you.

It is very simple.

[b]Were the same peo ...[text shortened]... ge of Buddah as were for corrupting the Bible of today?

Are you really asking a question?[/b]
So what is it that God wants us to do in order to truly be subnitted to God that differs from any other religion? After all, people of other faiths would probably argue that they too are submitted to their God including myself.

a

Moves
29 Nov 06

So what is it that God wants us to do in order to truly be subnitted to God that differs from any other religion? After all, people of other faiths would probably argue that they too are submitted to their God including myself.
Do you understand the concept of Monotheism? I don't know if I choosed the correct word,

There are two types of Monotheism:

1- Monotheism of GOD: That there is only one GOD.
2- Nonotheism of Worship: To worship GOD and only him.

If you miss one of them then your faith is incomplete.

So if you belive that there is no GOD, or there are more that one GOD then you lose the first point.

If you didn't worship him, worship something else with him, or don't follwo the way he asked you in worship you will lose the second point.

Do you know what GOD wants from you?

Cape Town

Moves
29 Nov 06

Have you read all the Buddhist writtings? If not how would you know that the message has been corrupted?

a

Moves
29 Nov 06
1 edit

Have you read all the Buddhist writtings? If not how would you know that the message has been corrupted?
I was answering a different Question.

You asked if I call myself Buddhist. I answered you no, they are the one who were Muslims.

I didn't read much about it. But I posted this before:

Do you understand the concept of Monotheism? I don't know if I choosed the correct word,

There are two types of Monotheism:

1- Monotheism of GOD: That there is only one GOD.
2- Nonotheism of Worship: To worship GOD and only him.

If you miss one of them then your faith is incomplete.

So if you belive that there is no GOD, or there are more than one GOD then you lose the first point.

If you didn't worship him, worship something else with him, or don't follow the way he asked you in worship you will lose the second point.

That could be used as an initial measure of any faith. I can prove each of the two points logicily if you want.

If any one follow the two points he will be Muslim.

w

Moves
30 Nov 06
1 edit

Islam = Submission.

It is very simple.

[b]Were the same peo ...[text shortened]... ge of Buddah as were for corrupting the Bible of today?

Are you really asking a question?[/b]
You may say that all the prophets are equal but I think this to be disingenuous. After all, Islam is based upon the Quran and Mohammad wrote the Quran. Therefore, since Mohammad wrote the Quran he is the author and finisher of the religion of Islam. You may dabble in the teachings of the other prophets by reading the Bible but really you do not afford them the same respect as Mohammad. By your own admission most Muslims do not study the teachings of Christ or any other teachings in the Bible. You simply take Mohammads word for what the other prophets really were all about and what they really did or did not say.

a

Moves
30 Nov 06

You may say that all the prophets are equal but I think this to be disingenuous. After all, Islam is based upon the Quran and Mohammad wrote the Quran. Therefore, since Mohammad wrote the Quran he is the author and finisher of the religion of Islam. You may dabble in the teachings of the other prophets by reading the Bible but really you do not afford them ...[text shortened]... word for what the other prophets really were all about and what they really did or did not say.
Give one reason I shouldn't trust Quran and trust the Bible.

Tell me any teaching for any prophet that you think I don't follow.

Tell me one thing in a Muslim faith that you think is not from what the prophets came with,

Do you think each prophet came with a different message?