1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 09:463 edits
    I have for a number of years been a vociferous opponent of the theory of evolution terming it insidious and dangerous and with good cause. The greatest folly of the materialist is equating animal behaviour with human, a strategy we often find among advocates of homosexuality. However this latest attempt to proffer an evolutionary basis for rape reaches new depths of depravity, for not only is it offensive to the moral senses, rape being regarded as a heinous crime of violence perpetrated against the innocent, the basis for the assertion lies in observing scorpion flies and then equating their behaviour with human behaviour. How could this have transpired?

    Scientific dogma abounds, after all, 'nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution' - Dobzhansky.

    Will the materialists now admit that science has its limitations, that its possible to overstep those limitations and that scientific dogma can result in the most unfounded and dangerous assertions on the flimsiest of pretexts and that to equate human sexual behaviour with animal sexual behaviour is the utmost folly.

    http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/150003.article
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93330
    21 Feb '14 10:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have for a number of years been a vociferous opponent of the theory of evolution terming it insidious and dangerous and with good cause. The greatest folly of the materialist is equating animal behaviour with human, a strategy we often find among advocates of homosexuality. However this latest attempt to proffer an evolutionary basis for rape rea ...[text shortened]... al sexual behaviour is the utmost folly.

    http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/150003.article
    do you believe there are any physiological or behavioral qualities we can equate between animals and humans?
  3. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Feb '14 10:19
    So, robbie, what is your explanation for why rape happens? Did God design us that way?
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 10:21
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you believe there are any physiological or behavioral qualities we can equate between animals and humans?
    I believe its the utmost folly to equate human behaviour with animal behaviour and that scientific dogma results in ludicrous assertions. Will you now join me in publicly denouncing scientific dogma!
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 10:232 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So, robbie, what is your explanation for why rape happens? Did God design us that way?
    your question does nothing to address the issue at hand that being that scientific dogma has resulted in the most ludicrous and unfounded assertions.

    I believe rape results as a lack of spirituality primarily through the suppression of the natural faculty of conscience. No person with a healthy functioning conscience could commit rape.
  6. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    21 Feb '14 10:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have for a number of years been a vociferous opponent of the theory of evolution terming it insidious and dangerous and with good cause. The greatest folly of the materialist is equating animal behaviour with human, a strategy we often find among advocates of homosexuality. However this latest attempt to proffer an evolutionary basis for rape rea ...[text shortened]... al sexual behaviour is the utmost folly.

    http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/150003.article
    I'm failing to see what you're point is amongst all this bluster?
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93330
    21 Feb '14 10:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your question does nothing to address the issue at hand that being that scientific dogma has resulted in the most ludicrous and unfounded assertions.

    I believe rape results as a lack of spirituality primarily through the suppression of the natural faculty of conscience. No person with a healthy functioning conscience could commit rape.
    i would suggest somebody who is not prepared to use violence to intervene in a rape also has a lack of conscience.

    were you aware that animal behavior is often used to predict human behavior especially in group dynamics. the london riots are a good example. it was observed that the behavior of the rioters followed the exact same patterns as the way a virus spreads. the rioters interactions with police followed the same patterns as predators and prey (i think it was foxes and rabbits specifically). the two studies were combined and mapped to produce a working model of the flow of a riot. helping police use their resources better.
    there are lots of examples like this. this does not mean that all comparisons with animals are correct.
    it would be folly to dismiss things as a flat rule, just because it doesnt sit well with your religious views.
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 11:001 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm failing to see what you're point is amongst all this bluster?
    Scientific dogma results in unsubstantiated and insidiously dangerous assertions and that to equate animal behaviour with human is the utmost folly.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 11:031 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i would suggest somebody who is not prepared to use violence to intervene in a rape also has a lack of conscience.

    were you aware that animal behavior is often used to predict human behavior especially in group dynamics. the london riots are a good example. it was observed that the behavior of the rioters followed the exact same patterns as the way ...[text shortened]... lly to dismiss things as a flat rule, just because it doesnt sit well with your religious views.
    Will you now join me in denouncing scientific dogma which results in insidiously dangerous propositions like the above and that to use animal behaviour viewd through the lense of the evolutionary hypothesis is the utmost folly for it leads to unsound and unsubstantiated assertions as is evidenced from the above.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Feb '14 11:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i would suggest somebody who is not prepared to use violence to intervene in a rape also has a lack of conscience.

    were you aware that animal behavior is often used to predict human behavior especially in group dynamics. the london riots are a good example. it was observed that the behavior of the rioters followed the exact same patterns as the way ...[text shortened]... lly to dismiss things as a flat rule, just because it doesnt sit well with your religious views.
    Foxes are like rioters?, wow I think that says it all. You do a diservice to Foxes everywhere and I am no friend of Foxes one having killed one of my bunnies.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93330
    21 Feb '14 11:161 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Foxes are like rioters?, wow I think that says it all. You do a diservice to Foxes everywhere and I am no friend of Foxes one having killed one of my bunnies.
    actually the foxes were the police, the bunnies were the rioters. of course you are going to try and compare all things 'bunny' with all things 'rioter' to make it look absurd. rather than go down that tiresome old route, why not actually debate the point. if you are so confident comparisons should not be made then you can stick to the crux of the argument. which is (just in case you dont get it) -

    the study is only a comparison between group dynamics, the movement of groups of 'bunnies' in relation to the movement of 'foxes'. the study is not comparing any other attribute.

    so, is it wrong to compare in this case? if so why?
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Feb '14 11:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I believe rape results as a lack of spirituality primarily through the suppression of the natural faculty of conscience. No person with a healthy functioning conscience could commit rape.
    So when the conscious has been suppressed, why do people rape? Surely it is for the exact same reason as why animals rape?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    21 Feb '14 11:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have for a number of years been a vociferous opponent of the theory of evolution terming it insidious and dangerous and with good cause. The greatest folly of the materialist is equating animal behaviour with human, a strategy we often find among advocates of homosexuality. However this latest attempt to proffer an evolutionary basis for rape rea ...[text shortened]... al sexual behaviour is the utmost folly.

    http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/150003.article
    How do you square this with the near approval granted toward this heinous crime by your scripture?
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    21 Feb '14 11:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Scientific dogma results in unsubstantiated and insidiously dangerous assertions and that to equate animal behaviour with human is the utmost folly.
    What is dangerous about the claim?
  15. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51427
    21 Feb '14 12:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Scientific dogma results in unsubstantiated and insidiously dangerous assertions and that to equate animal behaviour with human is the utmost folly.
    Insidiously dangerous?
Back to Top