Rape is a mating strategy

Rape is a mating strategy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I reject all genetic arguments on the basis that we are free moral agents responsible for our own acts.
Peeling the onion...

One view is that the capacity for conscience is genetic (and varies by person) and the content of a particular person's conscience is greatly influenced by the culture they are in. Does this view necessarily conflict with the idea that we are free moral agents responsible for our own acts? Or is it just connected that way by a few overzealous materialists?

rc

Moves
21 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by JS357
Peeling the onion...

One view is that the capacity for conscience is genetic (and varies by person) and the content of a particular person's conscience is greatly influenced by the culture they are in. Does this view necessarily conflict with the idea that we are free moral agents responsible for our own acts? Or is it just connected that way by a few overzealous materialists?
yes we should blame materialists for everything!

seriously we can be influenced by what we take into our minds, there is no doubt but this is where personal responsibility comes in, for we are responsible for feeding our minds, we should be able to create our own realities and not have them imposed upon us by genetics.

D

Moves
21 Feb 14

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Feb 14

Not conflating, no, its the existentialist in me, one should act as oneself, not as "one" acts or as "one's genes" or any other essence requires 😀

It seems much more complicated than i envisioned but at the same time I have a feeling that there is something common and quite sinister at its route, like a kind of unadulterated selfishness, a comple ...[text shortened]... ly when they learn of your deeds. Does rape culture exist here, hardly, its quite the opposite.
And almost paradoxically have a look at this wiki on rape in US prisons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape_in_the_United_States

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Feb 14
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think what robbie is trying to point out is that if you believe in evilution and the survival of the fittess, then why would not you think rape is a natural outcome at times under that belief? Then why should it be punished, if it is just a natural impulse?

rc

Moves
21 Feb 14
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
he is an anomaly and thus his metal health should be considered as a mitigating factor, although to what degree remains undetermined.

rc

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think what robbie is trying to point out is that if you believe in evilution and the survival of the fittess, then why would not you think rape is a natural outcome at times under that belief? Then why should it be punished, if it is just a natural impulse?
actually that's not what I am saying at all, i am merely pointing out how scientific dogma can lead to unsubstantiated assertions.

rc

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
And almost paradoxically have a look at this wiki on rape in US prisons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape_in_the_United_States
Indeed, its pretty sick

Moves
21 Feb 14

he is an anomaly and thus his metal health should be considered as a mitigating factor, although to what degree remains undetermined.
...his metal health should be considered as a mitigating factor..."

The camel's nose is in the tent.

Moves
21 Feb 14

actually that's not what I am saying at all, i am merely pointing out how scientific dogma can lead to unsubstantiated assertions.
Dogma has that issue no matter who spouts it.

rc

Moves
22 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
...his metal health should be considered as a mitigating factor..."

The camel's nose is in the tent.
I think that even the secular courts recognise there are differing degrees of culpability for we often hear of sentencing on the basis of diminished responsibility.

K

Moves
22 Feb 14

How does a bunny apply to any rioter? Bunnies don't riot. Rioters are not passive. Rioters are combatants.

Foxes are predators. Police are not supposed to be predators. Police are supposed to keep "the peace" for the sake of the community that they dwell in.

Similarities derived from 2 animal groups don't make applicable scientific examples just because there are "similarities." Rioters and Police both can have weapons. Bunnies and Foxes are not equal in aggression. Rioters and Police can be equal in aggression depending on their weapons capabilities. Rioters can kill police.

Bunnies and Foxes do no "equal" Rioters and Police respectively.

As a side note, if I can see distinct images in soap material or non-soap material on a shower curtain does that mean there are true similarities to be used as a scientific comparison for my human society? Can my society be helped or hurt by my imagination in recognizing images in soap or non-soap material due to a direct correlation?

Imaginative Reasoning does not necessarily mean direct correlation.

Rape is lust and sexual. Humans are subject to be judged by God. What examples of animal behaviors demonstrate rape among like animals? Animals are not judged by God for sex.

rc

Moves
22 Feb 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
How does a bunny apply to any rioter? Bunnies don't riot. Rioters are not passive. Rioters are combatants.

Foxes are predators. Police are not supposed to be predators. Police are supposed to keep "the peace" for the sake of the community that they dwell in.

Similarities derived from 2 animal groups don't make applicable scientific examples ju ...[text shortened]... of animal behaviors demonstrate rape among like animals? Animals are not judged by God for sex.
our materialistic friends do have some fruity ideas

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Feb 14

Moves
22 Feb 14

I think that even the secular courts recognise there are differing degrees of culpability for we often hear of sentencing on the basis of diminished responsibility.
Does God do that?