1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My security rests in the Lord and Him alone.
    Yes I know, that's an "insert a platitude here" retort. I am talking about your behaviour towards your fellow community members. It isn't "the Lord" that posts here and says the things you do, after all, it's you, and you alone.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I know, that's an "insert a platitude here" retort. I am talking about your behaviour towards your fellow community members. It isn't "the Lord" that posts here and says the things you do, after all, it's you, and you alone.
    You are right about that. The Lord is doing no posting here. There are too
    many unbelievers here, so the Lord has to get another sinner to come among
    all these other sinners to take care of such filthy work. This is why I said I
    would rather be doing something else. But he Holy Spirit compels me to
    continue here a bit longer. Perhaps there is one here that needs a little nudge
    to repent.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:54
    to repent.
    If you believe the so called "Holy Spirit" is dictating your behaviour - or "filthy work", as you describe it - in some way, then that is for you to assert and other Christians to respond to if they want to. I am more interested in the answer to: Why do you resort to accusing people of "lying" when they disagree with or differ from you ? It strikes me as sterile and vain, rather than spiritual or insightful.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 10:20
    to repent.
    Do you find the persons here to be dishonest ... at all?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 11:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you believe the so called "Holy Spirit" is dictating your behaviour - or "filthy work", as you describe it - in some way, then that is for you to assert and other Christians to respond to if they want to. I am more interested in the answer to: Why do you resort to accusing people of "lying" when they disagree with or differ from you ? It strikes me as sterile and vain, rather than spiritual or insightful.
    Your opinion is irrelevant to the actions of the Holy Spirit. I only accuse a
    person of lying when they are lying, not when they just disagree with me.
    You are probably thinking of Dasa.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 11:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you find the persons here to be dishonest ... at all?
    That is a charge made by Dasa. But yes, sometimes Dasa is right and there is
    some dishonesty here.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 11:05
    You are probably thinking of Dasa.
    I always think of dasa when I read your posts.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 12:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    I hear what you're saying and I am saying that I did have that relationship and that I was a Christian. And I am not one any longer. All your stuff about me just "singing the songs" and "pretending to walk with God" and how I "faked [my] life" and me "going through the motions" and only having "carried the label" and me "just play acting" and my faith being no m ...[text shortened]... thoughts" are all just an incredible stream of clumsy and presumptuous straw men.
    I got from you that you had something then lost it, which was I believe you
    called it, "the Christian faith" and what that means I don't know. You and I
    part company there, as scripture says that the devil believes in God but that
    does not make the devil a Christian. So just acknowledging there is some
    truth the faith Christian isn't enough to be a Christian. I do believe something
    happened to you, that you were walking in Christian circles, but a lot of
    people are doing that and not many of them have really taken the time to
    get right with God in Jesus Christ, they maybe saying a lot of the words, and
    singing the songs, but their hearts are not right with God, they remain lost.

If you are telling me Jesus Christ and you had a relationship, that you knew
    Him and now find Him unworthy of following, okay in my eyes I accept what
    you are saying, but I feel what I told you will remain true as far as what
    Jesus is going to say.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 12:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not being a Christian anymore, what you believe Christ "will be quite justified in saying" to me "on judgment day" is hardly relevant to me now.

If a lifelong friend of yours, a fellow Christian, lost her faith during a difficult and unsuccessful battle with sickness, and died no longer believing in Christ, would you say that she had never been a Christian during her lifetime?
    It doesn't matter what I think it only matters what Jesus is going to say. I can
    be completely wrong about you or anyone else, I'm no one of consquence to
    yours or anyone else's salvation. Life long struggles I do not think would ever
    cause someone who knew Lord to lose their faith in God, as a matter of fact
    those things tend to strenghten our walks with God as He carries us through
    them since He promises us that He would never leave or farsake us. Having
    gone through a few struggles myself, I can tell you God is faithful.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 12:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It doesn't matter what I think it only matters what Jesus is going to say. I can
    be completely wrong about you or anyone else, I'm no one of consquence to
    yours or anyone else's salvation.
    No worries. I am aware of the "consequence" or lack thereof of yours or anyone else's assertions on a message board, so that's OK. Same goes for mine, too. It's just a discussion. If you claim that I was "never a Christian" then, yes, you are completely wrong. But the concept of "salvation" through Jesus is no longer relevant to me.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:02
    I got from you that you had something then lost it, which was I believe you
    called it, "the Christian faith" and what that means I don't know.
    If you don't know what "Christian faith" is then it is very presumptuous of you to parade so many facile and condescending straw men past me, and now add to it the belief of "the devil" too. If you're trying to mock me in some way, you ought to know that after 6-7 years on this web site, I have rather thicker skin than you seem to think I have.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you don't know what "Christian faith" is then it is very presumptuous of you to parade so many facile and condescending straw men past me, and now add to it the belief of "the devil" too. If you're trying to mock me in some way, you ought to know that after 6-7 years on this web site, I have rather thicker skin than you seem to think I have.
    Not trying to mock you.
    It was again simply addressing beliefs about what a Christian is nothing more.
    I know what I think the Christian faith is, but that does not mean you and I
    agree upon that either, so my questions to you were more about what you
    think each topic means. I have talked to members of other faiths who from
    time to time use the same words I do when in discussions on faith, but when
    they do it they mean different things because they define things differently.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:191 edit
    Not trying to mock you.
    People churning out a whole phalanx of unsubtle, condescending straw men usually are trying to mock the person they are addressing, but if you now claim you weren't, that's OK. Either way it's water off a duck's back to me.

It was again simply addressing beliefs about what a Christian is nothing more.

Like I said before, I don't see how debating your personal definition of "Christian" has anything to do with me having been a Christian in an earlier part of my life. Do you claim it is your right to decide who is a Christian and who is not? What happens when a Christian tells you that you are not a Christian or that you never were a Christian?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    People churning out a whole phalanx of unsubtle, condescending straw men usually are trying to mock the person they are addressing, but if you now claim you weren't, that's OK. Either way it's water off a duck's back to me.

[b]It was again simply addressing beliefs about what a Christian is nothing more.

Like I said before, I don't see how debating you ...[text shortened]... en a Christian tells you that you are not a Christian or that you never were a Christian?[/b]
    It’s happened here where I was told I wasn't.
    I don't care.
    I listen to what they say in case there is some truth to what is said to me, I do
    try change my behavior if I'm at fault.
    I believe Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church not any man on earth, and if
    you are not walking with Him it does not matter if the world loves you or not,
    or if you are walking with Him it does not matter if the world hates you or not.
    I do believe He loves each of us so that I need to treat everyone with respect
    since Jesus died for us all. I don't want to cause anyone to stay away from
    Jesus Christ because of my bad behavior.

The bottom line for me and who is a Christain are just those that come to
    God through Jesus Christ since Jesus is the foundation of our faith if you are
    not right with Him you are still lost.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 14:04
    It’s happened here where I was told I wasn't. I don't care. I listen to what they say in case there is some truth to what is said to me, I do try change my behavior if I'm at fault. I believe Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church not any man on earth, and if you are not walking with Him it does not matter if the world loves you or not, or if you are walkin ...[text shortened]... since Jesus is the foundation of our faith if you are not right with Him you are still lost.
    I am not sure which bits of what you are saying here apply to me, but if you are accepting that I was once a Christian and that I am now longer one, and that this does not mean - for you - that I was "never a Christian", then that's good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree