religious denominations

religious denominations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by divegeester
So?

Using that logic all Christian denominations are a sub-division of one.
Christianity is sometimes considered a cult of Judaism too. It was Jews and
Israelites that made up the first Christian church.

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe you have claimed to be a theist with Muslim leanings.
I am not a Muslim of any size, shape or persuasion - as you well know. I have never claimed to be one. I have explained - directly to you, in posts addressed to you, on several occasions - that I am not a Muslim. What purpose does it serve you to make claims like these?

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Just because you thought you were a Christian by belonging to a Christian church and going through the motions did not make you a true Christian.
On what basis do you make the claim that I was "going through the motions" and how do you claim to know about what I "thought"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF
Are you going to address the question I raised about your [as I see it] presumptuousness about me?
There was nothing in that post directed at you so if you see something that offends
it wasn't directed at you. MY error as I see it was I choose to include your post
in my responce.
Kelly

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
There was nothing in that post directed at you so if you see something that offends it wasn't directed at you. MY error as I see it was I choose to include your post in my responce.
Why the evasion? Here it is again:

KellyJay: "So anyone who says they were Christian and now no longer believe will without a doubt here the words from Jesus, “depart from me I never knew you.”, because you never really did."

FMF: "You feel your faith empowers you to declare - retrospectively - that I was "never a Christian" even without knowing me and even with you admitting that you don't know what I've said about it on this Forum? Aren't you even a little bit concerned that you might be seen as extremely presumptuous?"

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 12
1 edit

I don't know what you two talked about before.
I do know from time to time I hear people say they were Christians and are now
Atheists. I take exception with that, because as far as I'm concern no one is a
Christian unless they have a right relationship with God in Christ. You can be going
to church, doing good works, singing the songs, and on and on, b ...[text shortened]... e
words from Jesus, “depart from me I never knew you.”, because you never really
did.
Kelly
So you admit that a lot of christians are just "weekend christians",is that right?

What percentage of christians worldwide do you consider to be just weekend christians?
As far as I see it (in the christian society around me) I would say about 90% at least.

Truth is that many kids grow up being christian for a time and then some, when considering spirituality, leave the christian faith. There are others no doubt who stay on and call themselves christian , maybe even read the bible, but certainly dont engage in very many christ-like acts at all.
In my experience more people have left christianity than any other faith and most that were either christian or atheist chose buddhism and have stayed with it thus far.
I admit this is only the people that I know, but I believe it reflects a general trend in the west.

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF
On what basis do you make the claim that I was "going through the motions" and how do you claim to know about what I "thought"?
He makes it on the basis that he is really the user who is also dasa and although the dasa identity is currently 'in the garage', the RJHinds identity is still pissed off that you drove dasa nuts.

Hope that helps.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So there's no 'Christians can disagree' as far as you are concerned? It's 'you have to agree with my understanding or else I don't consider you to be a Christian'. I'm sorry, but you may say "[you are] nothing like RJH and his opinions" but it seems you are claiming exactly the same prerogative as he is, here on this thread. He uses the word "true" in exactly the same way as you use the word "true".
A Christian or one who claims to be has to be able to prove in the Bible why they say they are a Christian. It is not a pick and choose as you go and it is not a water it down and let a few pagan teachings slip in belief.
For instance there is more then enough proof, not just in the Bible but all over the internet or other outside sources, that the trinity doctrine is full of pagan origins and was around long before the bible was written by nations that were completely against God and his laws and against his people. God even had a direct hand in those pagan nations being destroyed because of the godless ways and beliefs they had such as the tri headed gods they thought up and then worshipped.
So with a little simple research one can find this info online but yet some so called Christian religions bank there whole belief system on the trinity and many even admit it is not scriptural and not even remotly taught in the Bible.
But yet...there it is.
So how can that church or the people in it be called a Christian when they believe in some demon inspired man made teaching? They have no clue who God or his son even are.
So there can be no disagreement when it comes to truth. Either one worships God with truth or your not.

Galatians 5:9
Good News Translation (GNT)

9 It takes only a little yeast to make the whole batch of dough rise, as they say.

This scripture and many others like it are refering to pure truth and that no untruth can be included. God never has and never will accept any paganistic beliefs in his people no matter how hard a religion pushes it in their doctrines.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why the evasion? Here it is again:

KellyJay: "So anyone who says they were Christian and now no longer believe will without a doubt here the words from Jesus, “depart from me I never knew you.”, because you never really did."

FMF: "You feel your faith empowers you to declare - retrospectively - that I was "never a Christian" even without knowing me and eve ...[text shortened]... en't you even a little bit concerned that you might be seen as extremely presumptuous?"
It is simple if you fall into that group, a Christian walks with God in Christ, you want
to tell me now you never really walked with with God in Christ, than you cannot
have it both ways. You can say you were pretending to walk with God in Christ so
that it appeared you were, but that does not make you a Christian only one who
faked your life. Either God is real or not, either you walking with God or you were
not, one stops the other from being true.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So you admit that a lot of christians are just "weekend christians",is that right?

What percentage of christians worldwide do you consider to be just weekend christians?
As far as I see it (in the christian society around me) I would say about 90% at least.

Truth is that many kids grow up being christian for a time and then some, when consideri ...[text shortened]... t this is only the people that I know, but I believe it reflects a general trend in the west.
Yes, I think the number of people who claiim to be Christian is a lot smaller than
those that are. I don't know or care what the precentages are, the only thing I am
required to care about is that I love God and my fellow man, those that find God
in Jesus Christ are those that as Jesus said found the narrow gate. I try to point
as many as I can to Jesus Christ not to some denomination.

Matthew 7:13-15
New International Version (NIV)
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

It is simple if you fall into that group, a Christian walks with God in Christ, you want to tell me now you never really walked with with God in Christ, than you cannot have it both ways. You can say you were pretending to walk with God in Christ so that it appeared you were, but that does not make you a Christian only one who faked your life. Either God is real or not, either you walking with God or you were not, one stops the other from being true.
It's you who is claiming I was "never a Christian" not me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It's you who is claiming I was "never a Christian" not me.
As I pointed out to you several times now, when I responded to your post I was
NOT talking directly to you. I said my error was I added your text to my post.
I'm no longer going to say this to you since I have stressed that point to you over
and over and you still do not acknowledge that.

Unless of course you claim you were once a Christian, and now claim there is no
such thing as God, then I was speaking about you I just didn't know it.

Kelly

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

As I pointed out to you several times now, when I responded to your post I was
NOT talking directly to you. I said my error was I added your text to my post.
I'm no longer going to say this to you since I have stressed that point to you over
and over and you still do not acknowledge that.
Nevertheless, you appear to be saying that someone who used to be a Christian, never was a Christian. Is this what you believe?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Nevertheless, you appear to be saying that someone who used to be a Christian, never was a Christian. Is this what you believe?
I'm claiming no one who actually walked with God can or will turn around and say
that God isn't real. So anyone who claims they were a Christian and now says
there isn't a god , there never was one, so they never walked with God, than by
their own words were never really a Christian. They may have carried the label,
but as we have pointed out here over and over saying you are isn't the same thing
as really being one.
Kelly

F

Moves
17 Mar 12

I'm claiming no one who actually walked with God can or will turn around and say
that God isn't real. So anyone who claims they were a Christian and now says
there isn't a god , there never was one, so they never walked with God, than by
their own words were never really a Christian. They may have carried the label,
but as we have pointed out here over and over saying you are isn't the same thing
as really being one.
Well I am a theist now and not a Christian anymore. That is what I am asking you about. I do not say "there isn't a god". I was a Christian. Now I am not.