1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 00:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It makes no difference if the group is large are small; It is the fact that they have
    the wrong belief about Jesus the Christ that makes a cult. A small
    denomination is not a cult as long as it teaches the beliefs of historic biblical
    Christianity about Jesus.
    Wow we made some headway. Awesome. Most believe and I know you've made this comment too that it is only the supposed well established Christian religions that are accepted by God and no way some little group of non christians according to your words like the JW's could be approved by God.
    So I guess you've rethought that answer from before?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 02:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Wow we made some headway. Awesome. Most believe and I know you've made this comment too that it is only the supposed well established Christian religions that are accepted by God and no way some little group of non christians according to your words like the JW's could be approved by God.
    So I guess you've rethought that answer from before?
    The JWs only need to correct their view on Jesus. There could be only three
    members and they could become a Christian denomination and not a Christian
    cult like they are now. Large numbers is not what makes a Christian cult or a
    Christian denomination in my opinion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 02:28
    The JWs only need to correct their view on Jesus. There could be only three
    members and they could become a Christian denomination and not a Christian
    cult like they are now. Large numbers is not what makes a Christian cult or a
    Christian denomination in my opinion.
    Being followers of Christ is what makes Jehovah's Witnesses Christians, regardless of theological or doctrinal differences of opinion.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Being followers of Christ is what makes Jehovah's Witnesses Christians, regardless of theological or doctrinal differences of opinion.
    I don't think a non_Christian like you would really know what makes a Christian. The JWs do not follow Christ. They follow the teachings of the Watchtower Society. They do not even know who Jesus the Christ is.
    As I have said before they think He was the first angel ever created by God.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 02:57
    I asked a simple question and could you please answer me as to what you mean? No need to be mysterious or rude.
    A simple request was to quote me in full, the text itself spelled out what I mean.
    Not trying to be rude or mean here, simply asking that my words not be taken
    out of context to mean something other than what I said.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:01
    I don't think a non_Christian like you would really know what makes a Christian.
    I know attempted smackdown rhetoric when I see it. Following Christ is what makes a person a Christian. My ex-Christian status does not alter the fact.

The JWs do not follow Christ.

They do. Clearly. The fact that the theology is different is neither here nor there.

They do not even know who Jesus the Christ is. As I have said before they think He was the first angel ever created by God.

The fact that you disagree with their perception of and approach to Christ doesn't mean that they are 'not Christians'. It just means that you - a follower of Christ too - have a different perception of and approach to Him. That is all.

I know you just want to say the meanest thing you can think of to people or use the most attention seeking hyperbole that you can come up with. It is how you have chosen to behave in this community and how you seek to entertain yourself, even amongst people here who generally exhibit good faith, tolerance and diversity. But you do not get to decide who is a Christian and who isn't.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    A simple request was to quote me in full, the text itself spelled out what I mean.
    Not trying to be rude or mean here, simply asking that my words not be taken
    out of context to mean something other than what I said.
    Kelly
    Sorry as I misunderstood your comment.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:19
    I don't think a non_Christian like you would really know what makes a Christian. The JWs do not follow Christ. They follow the teachings of the Watchtower Society. They do not even know who Jesus the Christ is.
    As I have said before they think He was the first angel ever created by God.
    Well we do call ourselves Christians and I think that would emply we do believe in him and know who Jesus is. Ya think?
    A true Christian would not fight and kill another human much less a Christian brother so be careful as I know your stand on this issue.
    So to call us non Christians by you is a really pushing the evelope of knowing or not knowing the truths of Jesus.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:21
    Well we do call ourselves Christians and I think that would emply we do believe in him and know who Jesus is. Ya think?
    A true Christian would not fight and kill another human much less a Christian brother so be careful as I know your stand on this issue.
    So to call us non Christians by you is a really pushing the evelope of knowing or not knowing the truths of Jesus.
    Do you consider Mormons and Catholics to be Christians?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know attempted smackdown rhetoric when I see it. Following Christ is what makes a person a Christian. My ex-Christian status does not alter the fact.

[b]The JWs do not follow Christ.

They do. Clearly. The fact that the theology is different is neither here nor there.

They do not even know who Jesus the Christ is. As I have said before they thi ith, tolerance and diversity. But you do not get to decide who is a Christian and who isn't.
    You were never a Christian to begin with, so you should remove the ex-.
    And clearly you are not qualified to say what makes a true Christian. It is not
    calling oneself a Christian or following another Jesus that makes one a real
    Christian. One must know the real Jesus and follow Him. The Mormans and
    the JWs know something about Him, just as you do; but like you, they do not
    know the real Jesus. They both believe in and follow another Jesus.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:33
    In your opinion...... which with me and most here carrys no weight of anything normal.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:381 edit
    And clearly you are not qualified to say what makes a true Christian.
    I was a Christian for more or less 28 years. As for your fellow Christians, you can declare them 'non Christians' all you want - it does not make it so - it's merely an illustration of how your own partisan ideology seeks to exclude people with whom you disagree for your own subjective reasons.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you consider Mormons and Catholics to be Christians?
    I believe many call themselves Christians but the Bible is the sourse for the answers for those qualifications.
    Jesus said you would know them for their fruits or actions and he also said that "many" that called on his name would not be true followers.
    Again their fruits and their actions would show if they qualify.........
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:40
    I believe many call themselves Christians but the Bible is the sourse for the answers for those qualifications.
    Jesus said you would know them for their fruits or actions and he also said that "many" that called on his name would not be true followers.
    Again their fruits and their actions would show if they qualify.........
    I will try again. Do you consider Mormons and Catholics to be Christians?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 03:42
    I would think that the name you use when you speak of Jesus's name would make many think you are not a Christain at all. What is that name again you call Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree