religious denominations

religious denominations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
She may have found god, but maybe she should discover God and His Christ and
the Holy Spirit.
who the heck are you to state who may be a recipient of Gods love and who may not,
you dont know anything so shad up a yo face.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
maybe she should be a kid and play on the monkey bars before being brainwashed,eh?
maybe she should make a tin foil parabolic hat to catch alien radio signals and get a
notebook for UFO sightings 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
maybe she should make a tin foil parabolic hat to catch alien radio signals and get a
notebook for UFO sightings 🙂
maybe she should stop celbrating her b'day xmas and any other holidays and only do stuff her parents are cool with 😛

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Mar 12

I am of the opinion that the belief in Christian doctrines does make a difference.
That is why there are so many denominations and that is how one can tell the
difference between a Christian denomination and a cult like Mormonism and
Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course, it is easy to tell the different religions apart,
but many think Mormonism is Christian b ...[text shortened]... s held by some Christian
churches are not needed to by classified as a Christian denomination.
So in the really big picture of what the Bible teaches and what the general population of most so called Christian religions believe, does it come down to just the numbers to you? Just because an X amount of people believe in the trinity for example and it is accepted by the masses, what does that mean? Just because 4 billion people believe in something, does that automatically make it right?
In fact if you could please share a scripture or two with me to back up that 1 simple thought, that numbers win in respect to belief in doctrines, I'd love to see them.
Maybe you should do a little more research on what a "cult" is with reguards to religion because it can go both ways.

rc

Moves
16 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
maybe she should stop celbrating her b'day xmas and any other holidays and only do stuff her parents are cool with 😛
Lol, douche! err i mean touché 😛

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 12

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(Romans 5 NKJV)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Mar 12

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character ...[text shortened]... ht reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(Romans 5 NKJV)
Is this your responce to me?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Is this your responce to me?
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
(1 Timothy 2:5 NKJV)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 12

So in the really big picture of what the Bible teaches and what the general population of most so called Christian religions believe, does it come down to just the numbers to you? Just because an X amount of people believe in the trinity for example and it is accepted by the masses, what does that mean? Just because 4 billion people believe in something, ...[text shortened]... ttle more research on what a "cult" is with reguards to religion because it can go both ways.
A Christian Cult is defined by what they believe about Jesus. What does historic Biblical Christianity teach us about Jesus? The Bible teaches us that Jesus is the One and Only True God from eternity past who had no beginning and will have no end. We are also taught that this One and Only True God is of one essence, only one God, but is a Trinity of three Persons: The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Further, the Bible teaches us that God the Son, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in time took on a full human nature with all of its human attributes by conception of the Holy Spirit through the Virgin Mary so that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is now, and will be throughout eternity, one person with a fully Divine nature and a fully Human Nature. This means Jesus has two full, complete and separate natures but is one Person.

A Christian Cult is anything which deviates from this Biblical teaching about who Jesus is. For example Mormonism teaches us that Jesus was first a man who in time became a god and is now part of the godhead of three persons which makes up the Mormon trinity. Notice that this trinity is three gods of three separate essences, not one God of one essence manifested in three persons. Note also that the Mormon Jesus is not first the one and only True God from eternity past who in time became a man also, but that he was first man who became a god of many gods. They also teach that Jesus' birth came about through Adam's, the god of this world, sexual relations with Mary, thus they teach it was not a virgin birth through conception of the Holy Spirit, but the result of a man's, who became a god, sexual relationship with another human being: Mary. Since they do not teach the Bible's teaching on the Nature of God and since they teach Jesus was a man first, not God first from all eternity, therefore this constitutes them as a Christian cult, not a Christian religion.

Jehovah Witnesses & the Watchtower are also a Christian cult. They teach that Jesus was first Michael the Archangel the first and greatest creation of Jehovah God, who became a man, died and rose spiritually, not bodily, from the dead. The Jehovah Witness's Jesus is an Angel, not the One and only True God, and not a man. They deny both his humanity and His divinity and as a result are classified as a Christian cult.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Mar 12

"the differences are meaningless"

So please explain what this means then..
Try adding in the rest of the text and see what it sounds like after that.
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Mar 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
Try adding in the rest of the text and see what it sounds like after that.
Kelly
I asked a simple question and could you please answer me as to what you mean? No need to be mysterious or rude.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Mar 12

A Christian Cult is defined by what they believe about Jesus. What does historic Biblical Christianity teach us about Jesus? The Bible teaches us that Jesus is the One and Only True God from eternity past who had no beginning and will have no end. We are also taught that this One and Only True God is of one essence, only one God, but is a Trinity of three ...[text shortened]... deny both his humanity and His divinity and as a result are classified as a Christian cult.
Lol. I'm not even going there with you about what the Bible teaches in reguards to the trinity. You believe what you want and that is fine with me.
The point I'm making, which you slyingly avoided as I knew you would is just because the masses of religions believe in something like the trinity, which is not found at all in any bible, that makes a smaller group like the JW's a cult. Numbers rule and are always right? Is that correct?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 12

I asked a simple question and could you please answer me as to what you mean? No need to be mysterious or rude.
You mean I am not the only one rude on this forum?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Mar 12
2 edits

Lol. I'm not even going there with you about what the Bible teaches in reguards to the trinity. You believe what you want and that is fine with me.
The point I'm making, which you slyingly avoided as I knew you would is just because the masses of religions believe in something like the trinity, which is not found at all in any bible, that makes a smaller group like the JW's a cult. Numbers rule and are always right? Is that correct?
It makes no difference if the group is large are small; It is the fact that they have
the wrong belief about Jesus the Christ that makes a cult. A small
denomination is not a cult as long as it teaches the beliefs of historic biblical
Christianity about Jesus.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Mar 12

You mean I am not the only one rude on this forum?
No you don't have the market cornered on that one.