1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:02
    In another thread dj2becker (aka FetchmyJunk, aka AbsoluteTruth) made the bold statement:

'I think the evidence for the resurrection outweighs the evidence for reincarnation.'

But is this really the case?! As an atheist I obviously don't belief in either, but have read many accounts of people remembering details from previous lives that are difficult to explain or dismiss. Are these accounts really 'inferior evidence' to the accounts of the Resurrection, found only in the Gospels?

For those interested, here is a link that puts forward the case for Reincarnation, by a man who has 'devoted the last forty years to the scientific documentation of pas life memories of children from all over the world. He has over 3000 cases in his files. Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.'

http://www.16rounds.com/2009/01/evidence-for-reincarnation/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:113 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    In another thread dj2becker (aka FetchmyJunk, aka AbsoluteTruth) made the bold statement:

'I think the evidence for the resurrection outweighs the evidence for reincarnation.'
    It is surprising that dj2ababsolutejunktruth believes in resurrection rather than reincarnation, considering how many lives he's had here at RHP.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's hardly surprising that dj2ababsolutejunktruth believes this, considering how many lives he's had here at RHP.
    Do you believe there is no credible evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:203 edits
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Do you believe there is no credible evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
    I believe there is no credible reason for discussing anything with you.

I told you this bluntly several times during your pathetic existence as Fetchmyjunk, so I'm surprised that you have been unable to retain this knowledge. Perhaps this is due to the same phenomena which caused you to ask FMF the same questions as dj2becker, which you had been asking him for seemingly an eternity as Fetchmyjunk. I.e. dishonesty.

It is this insight which explains why you have had so many aliases here.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:25
    ^^^ he can't help himself 🙂

I know about false memories and the ways we can fool ourselves. To take the concept of an individual mind that survives death and gets reborn, I don't need stories, I need an explanation. Your thoughts, your hopes, your fears, all the stuff that makes you you, didn't that come from your brain? Which turned to dust when you died.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by apathist

I know about false memories and the ways we can fool ourselves. To take the concept of an individual mind that survives death and gets reborn, I don't need stories, I need an explanation. Your thoughts, your hopes, your fears, all the stuff that makes you you, didn't that come from your brain? Which turned to dust when you died.
    I thought you once claimed you understood what reincarnation was? Perhaps not. Anyway it certainly has nothing to do with the longevity or teleportation of brain matter. It is a spiritual concept.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:35
    I thought you once claimed you understood what reincarnation was? Perhaps not. Anyway it certainly has nothing to do with the longevity or teleportation of brain matter. It is a spiritual concept.
    I have put study and thought here, Bottom line, okay, drop of water to the sea. The drop doesn't exist anymore.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 May '17 10:51
    I believe there is no credible reason for discussing anything with you.

I told you this bluntly several times during your pathetic existence as Fetchmyjunk, so I'm surprised that you have been unable to retain this knowledge. Perhaps this is due to the same phenomena which caused you to ask FMF the same questions as dj2becker, which you had been askin ...[text shortened]... k. I.e. dishonesty.

It is this insight which explains why you have had so many aliases here.
    The same dishonesty that made me admit to using the other account even if there was no way for you to prove it? If you say so.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 11:171 edit
    The same dishonesty that made me admit to using the other account even if there was no way for you to prove it? If you say so.
    It was obvious.
    Why did you again start questioning FMF exactly as you had as FMJ if you were not being deceptive?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 May '17 11:45
    It was obvious.
    Why did you again start questioning FMF exactly as you had as FMJ if you were not being deceptive?
    What do you think these words imply about yourself?

"The idea that posting under another username is to be a little different in style and content, is obviously lost on some 🙄"
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:151 edit
    What do you think these words imply about yourself?

"The idea that posting under another username is to be a little different in style and content, is obviously lost on some 🙄"
    But you weren't being different, that's the point which you are desperately trying to avoid, that and your blatant dishonesty.

The question remains:
    Why did you again start questioning FMF exactly as you had as FMJ if you were not being deceptive about your FMJ identity?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:20
    But you weren't being different, that's the point which you are desperately trying to avoid, that and your blatant dishonesty.

The question remains:
    If I was being different it would have been with the intention to deceive, that is the point. I was still the same person asking the same questions I always do having reverted back to an old account and no longer using the new one. And not pretending I was someone else like you probably do when you use your other accounts. 😉
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:21
    Originally posted by apathist

The question in the OP wasn't really about what was more believable, the Resurrection or Reincarnation, but whether or not there is indeed more 'evidence' for the Resurrection.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:23
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The question in the OP wasn't really about what was more believable, the Resurrection or Reincarnation, but whether or not there is indeed more 'evidence' for the Resurrection.
    It turns out, on the other thread, that dj2becker doesn't have 500 eyewitness accounts of the supposed resurrection of Jesus after all.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '17 12:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    It turns out, on the other thread, that dj2becker doesn't have 500 eyewitness accounts of the supposed resurrection of Jesus after all.
    We do however have to remember sir that when he speaks, he speaks with absolute truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree