Resurrection verses Reincarnation

Resurrection verses Reincarnation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
And I have already responded to this. You should read what I am saying to you
Yes you responded with a deflection, and you didn't answer the question. Is it yes or no? Or don't you know?

F

Moves
16 May 17

FMF: I am not worried about whether you agree with my perspective.

Originally posted by dj2becker
Why wouldn't you be if your perspective was based on the truth?
Your perspective being different from mine is of no consequence to me.

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Your perspective being different from mine is of no consequence to me.
Apparently because you are not bothered with other people knowing the truth?

F

Moves
16 May 17

Yes you responded with a deflection, and you didn't answer the question. Is it yes or no? Or don't you know?
I told you exactly why I don't think the NT is a "primary source". I understand, acknowledge and accept that you think it is.

F

Moves
16 May 17

Apparently because you are not bothered with other people knowing the truth?
If you can establish why your different perspective on the evidential value of the NT vis a vis the resurrection is consequential to me in some way, then go for it if you want to.

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
I told you exactly why I don't think the NT is a "primary source". I understand, acknowledge and accept that you think it is.
And I am asking you whether you have any compelling reason to believe that the translators over the years who 'finalized' the new testament have changed the overall message of the texts they were translating?

F

Moves
16 May 17

And I am asking you whether you have any compelling reason to believe that the translators over the years who 'finalized' the new testament have changed the overall message of the texts they were translating?
If they are not primary sources, as I contend, then they can only be secondary sources, and - rather like your elusive "500 eye witness accounts" - they don't have the same effect on me as they appear to have on you. If you believe they prove something supernatural happened, then so be it. But I do not see them as being primary sources, as I have explained.

Moves
16 May 17

Would you agree that

1. A testament is the account of a witness.
2. Any account of a witness is a primary source, even if it is written down long after the event being witnessed occurred.

F

Moves
16 May 17

Would you agree that

1. A testament is the account of a witness.
2. Any account of a witness is a primary source, even if it is written down long after the event being witnessed occurred.
As you know I don't have any convincing reason to believe that the gospels were written by eye witnesses to the execution of Jesus. I think they were written decades later by other people.

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
As you know I don't have any convincing reason to believe that the gospels were written by eye witnesses to the execution of Jesus. I think they were written decades later by other people.
So you have any credible evidence to suggest they were written by other people or is this just something you choose to believe without evidence?

F

Moves
16 May 17

Any account of a witness is a primary source, even if it is written down long after the event being witnessed occurred.
sonship claimed earlier on this thread that "Old Testament saints" rose from the dead and appeared in the city of Jerusalem after Jesus supposedly came back to life. Do you believe you have eye witness evidence of this happening too?

F

Moves
16 May 17

So you have any credible evidence to suggest they were written by other people or is this just something you choose to believe without evidence?
I've read about it over the years. I find the claim that the gospels were written by people who knew Jesus and who had met him to be not credible. But, I don't need you to agree with this conclusion.

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
sonship claimed earlier on this thread that "Old Testament saints" rose from the dead and appeared in the city of Jerusalem after Jesus supposedly came back to life. Do you believe you have eye witness evidence of this happening too?
I don't have a reason to believe the gospel writers were
1. imposters, or
2. lying,

if you have any please share it.

F

Moves
16 May 17

I don't have a reason to believe the gospel writers were
1. imposters, or
2. lying,

if you have any please share it.
Is there eye witness evidence, in your view, that "Old Testament saints" rose from the dead and appeared in the city of Jerusalem after Jesus was executed?

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
I've read about it over the years. I find the claim that the gospels were written by people who knew Jesus and who had met him to be not credible. But, I don't need you to agree with this conclusion.
When you were a Christian you believed you believed the gospels were written by people who knew Jesus. Then you read some stuff which you cannot specifically name and you just suddenly realized that what you used to believe was not credible? So can you tell me exactly what you read that changed your mind?