Resurrection verses Reincarnation

Resurrection verses Reincarnation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
So it seems you really didn't bother to read the link:

"Because the New Testament
provides the primary historical source
for information on the resurrection,
many critics during the 19th century
attacked the reliability of these biblical
documents.
By the end of the 19th century, however,
archaeological discoveries had
confirmed the accuracy of ...[text shortened]... of the facts of ancient
history…."
E.M. Blaiklock
Professor of Classics
Auckland University
Did you find any copy-pastable material from professional historians you disagree with?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 17

I examined the link and commented on it, you have yet to respond to my comment.
Sorry, I didn't see any comments made by you on the link I provided. Can you direct me to where you made these constructive comments?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Perhaps you'd like to contribute to the thread a little more constructively?

'The question in the OP wasn't really about what was more believable, the Resurrection or Reincarnation, but whether or not there is indeed more 'evidence' for the Resurrection.'
I don't think "reincarnation" is like past life, per se .
It's more like a dream where you remember the details... or like a child that seems to already have learnt past life lessons. I don't think it's as specific as " Oh, I lived a past life as this certain somebody " ... it's a bit more spicey than that.. bit more intricate

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I don't think "reincarnation" is like past life, per se .
It's more like a dream where you remember the details... or like a child that seems to already have learnt past life lessons. I don't think it's as specific as " Oh, I lived a past life as this certain somebody " ... it's a bit more spicey than that.. bit more intricate
Reincarnation, in the traditional sense, is very much about past lives.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 May 17

Says the guy who is demonstrably humble himself? 🙄
"No you are!! "

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Reincarnation, in the traditional sense, is very much about past lives.
Yes and no.
It's about learning life lessons as a certain "soul" . These lessons are said to be universal. So in the end every sentient being is supposed to wake up to his or her own self-realization.
This is not explainable and can only be pointed at. Usually the poetic and artistic methods achieve this pointing better than the strictly informative, straightforward descriptions.

The ultimate realization usually revolves around the idea that everything is connected in your real "Self" and you have actually chosen to "go on a journey" to this part of the universe to realize these universal truths.

To realize these truths you have evolved through millennia to grow a brain powerful enough to reflect/tune into the universal eternal truth about selfhood/everything.
So we go through many incarnations to reach this realization, which is said to bring more light into our part of the universe. But it's only the instinctive, positive universal lessons that we retain from past incarnations that make us relate it to a certain individual from history rather than looking at it the other way around, from the non-ego perspective. 🙂

Any clearer?

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What is your basis for this claim? The New Testament is a set of texts that were written and edited and added to for hundreds of years by many unknown authors before they were 'finalized'. They are therefore a secondary source, and only a primary source in so far as they are evidence of what texts Christians use for the basis of their religion.
By 'finalized' you mean changed to be totally different to the original manuscripts? Which texts were added to the original manuscripts?

F

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

By 'finalized' you mean changed to be totally different to the original manuscripts?
You are free to project whatever gimmicky definition onto the word "finalized" you feel you need to. The post you were responding to was crystal clear. With your red herring, you have ~ for all intents and purposes ~ sidestepped it.

F

Moves
16 May 17

Which texts were added to the original manuscripts?
What "original manuscripts"?

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are free to project whatever gimmicky definition onto the word "finalized" you feel you need to. The post you were responding to was crystal clear. With your red herring, you have ~ for all intents and purposes ~ sidestepped it.
I have asked you for clarification which you have sidestepped. Are you not implying that the words currently recorded in the new testament are totally different in meaning to the original words written by the actual authors?

F

Moves
16 May 17

I have asked you for clarification which you have sidestepped.
I am not going through this in any detail with you. I am not interested. I have told you what my perspective is. I don't need you to agree with me.

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
What "original manuscripts"?
Obviously the ones the original authors wrote on in their language, before they were translated.

F

Moves
16 May 17

...the original words written by the actual authors?
What are you referring to? Who are you referring to?

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
I am not going through this in any detail with you. I am not interested. I have told you what my perspective is. I don't need you to agree with me.
Ok so you are just making claims that you are not willing to clarify or back up. Typical.

F

Moves
16 May 17

FMF: What "original manuscripts"?

Obviously the ones the original authors wrote on in their language, before they were translated.
And where are these "original manuscripts"?