1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 08:201 edit
    RHP Spirituality Forum Gym Topics: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

Let's trim some thread fat by exercising the muscles of focused thought on the above topics with single lines of lean text.

Note: On my hp pavillon zd7000 14.5 inch wide screen laptop 123 characters and spaces fit on a "single line of lean text".
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 08:20
    Of the topics, does "religion" seem to trump "the supernatural" and "the life after" in popularity on this forum? If so, why?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 08:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Spirituality Forum Gym Topics: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."[/b]
    Discussion of both the "supernatural" and "the life after" clearly includes discussion of whether they exist and what kind of psychological and anthropological factors might make someone think that they are real. And people 'with religion' frequently do not seem to be especially "spiritual" at all and often just seem to be engaged in groupthink and regurgitation of some literature or other.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 09:02
    Of the topics, does "religion" seem to trump "the supernatural" and "the life after" in popularity on this forum? If so, why?
    There are a high number of religionists here promoting their ideologies incessantly often in holier-than-though battles with fellow religionists of different persuasions and denominations. This might explain why. So, why do you think "religion" seems to trump "the supernatural" and "the life after" in popularity on this forum?
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 09:48
    I don't think I've ever seen a thread here on the 'supernatural' or afterlife that wasn't derailed by christians within a handful of posts.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 09:54
    [b]RHP Spirituality Forum Gym Topics: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

Let's trim some thread fat by exercising the muscles of focused thought on the above topics with single lines of lean text.

Note: On my hp pavillon zd7000 14.5 inch wide screen laptop 123 characters and spaces fit on a "single line of lean text".[/b]
    It all depends on your font, Bob.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 09:55
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't think I've ever seen a thread here on the 'supernatural' or afterlife that wasn't derailed by christians within a handful of posts.
    Overwhelmingly most threads about "afterlife" are BY Christians.

Why would an atheist need to talk about an afterlife?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 10:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Only two options? 😲

Overwhelmingly most stupid posts are BY Christians.

disclaimer: I don't really mean that.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 11:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Only two options? 😲

Overwhelmingly most stupid posts are BY Christians.

disclaimer: I don't really mean that.
    Most 'threads about afterlife' are not 'stupid posts'.

See what I did there? Yeah, I thought you might.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 15:03

Why would a theist?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 08:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are a high number of religionists here promoting their ideologies incessantly often in holier-than-though battles with fellow religionists of different persuasions and denominations. This might explain why. So, why do you think "religion" seems to trump "the supernatural" and "the life after" in popularity on this forum?
    Bump for Grampy Bobby.

So, why do you think "religion" seems to trump "the supernatural" and "the life after" in popularity on this forum?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 08:21
    The 'End of the World' and/or 'The End Times' seem to be topics that be quite popular. Why do you reckon that is?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 10:43
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    If done so knowingly, what would you ascribe to having been their motivations to behave in a counterproductive manner?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 10:51
    It all depends on your font, Bob.
    Suzi, irrespective of our different fonts, aren't the fonts and font size of all Red Hot Pawn Forum thread text identical?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 10:541 edit
    In terms of religion, Bible based religions are pretty much the only game in town. Sure, there are others such as Hinduism, but by in large Bible based religions dominate.

If it were not for the Bible, most would probably just have to make up a religion to believe in if they believed there was a God, and some do here. If you do, what is there to debate other than tearing down others beliefs that are based upon the Bible? In the end, all you do is just shrug your shoulders when it comes to questions about the after life or any other topic of morality while telling everyone else why they are wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree