RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Feb 15

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Feb 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
googlefudge, if I may suggest a fact of life, when you look people in the eyes and sustain eyelock they don't even notice what you're wearing for clothes or an avatar or lack thereof or nicknames especially not your doctor or nurses or friends. Hell, no. You appear as who and what you are as butt naked as the day you emerged from your mother's womb.

Moves
06 Feb 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Not applicable.

This is a clear and established means of responding to an original post and
does not fall foul of that rule which is intended to prevent people distorting
others words for the purposes of deception, slander, or creating a strawman
argument.

This practice does not do that as while the original quote is 'distorted', that 'distortion'
is flagged up and pointed out by the poster making it, and thus cannot possibly be
classed as attempting to deceive anyone as to the OP's true meaning.

Moves
06 Feb 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
googlefudge, if I may suggest a fact of life, when you look people in the eyes and sustain eyelock they don't even notice what you're wearing for clothes or an avatar or lack thereof or nicknames especially not your doctor or nurses or friends. Hell, no. You appear as who and what you are as butt naked as the day you emerged from your mother's womb.
When I look people in the eye's and sustain 'eyelock' they get worried and run away.

May I suggest you shove your 'fact of life' gibberish up your posterior until such time
as you have grown up and learned that you are not the Riddler and have learned how
to communicate clearly and effectively.

F

Moves
06 Feb 15

Are you admitting here that you post in the way that you post because you have an avatar and nickname and that "who and what you are" is different when you are away from here?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Feb 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Not applicable.

This is a clear and established means of responding to an original post and
does not fall foul of that rule which is intended to prevent people distorting
others words for the purposes of deception, slander, or creating a strawman
argument.

This practice does not do that as while the original quote is 'distorted', that 'distor ...[text shortened]... d thus cannot possibly be
classed as attempting to deceive anyone as to the OP's true meaning.
Whatever you say, Russfudge.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Feb 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
When I look people in the eye's and sustain 'eyelock' they get worried and run away.

May I suggest you shove your 'fact of life' gibberish up your posterior until such time
as you have grown up and learned that you are not the Riddler and have learned how
to communicate clearly and effectively.
"When I look people in the eye's [?] and sustain eyelock they get worried and run away." -googlfudge

And who pray tell is "they"?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Feb 15

Proverbs 26:11, “Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.”

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Feb 15

"Here's a place to footnote comments you may have...."
An example was given. Thread topic is comments you may have.
There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of...." (Page 3)

That "unstated purpose" is being fulfilled beyond expectations. (Page 8)

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Feb 15
1 edit

Proverbs 26:11, “Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.”
Says the user who's been posting the same magniloquent passive-agressive threads year after year after year, receiving the same feedback from other users year after year after year.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Feb 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Says the user who been posting the same magniloquent passive-agressive threads year after year after year, receiving the same feedback from other users year after year after year.
Beat me to it!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Feb 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
She called him Franklin, never FDR.
Don't confuse Gramps with facts!

F

Moves
06 Feb 15
1 edit

That "unstated purpose" is being fulfilled beyond expectations. (Page 8)
Originally posted by divegeester 6 pages ago:I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's "unstated purpose" is behind his OP... Any takers....?

My answer: A demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at his disposal?

rc

Moves
06 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by divegeester 6 pages ago:I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's [b]"unstated purpose" is behind his OP... Any takers....?

My answer: A demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at his disposal?[/b]
ad hominem

adj. Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason:

Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

Again another rather transparent attempt and trying too hard to be a legendary troll.

F

Moves
06 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ad hominem
Ad hominem? Not so. "A demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at his disposal" is a description. 😉

Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

I rather think questioning his motives was what Grampy Bobby wanted people to do when he talked enigmatically about his "unstated purpose".