1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 07:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    “For the dream comes through much effort and the voice of a fool through many words.” Ecclesiastes 5:3
    I have noticed that despite another poster pointing out to you that my "fixing" of your post from several pages back, which I'm replying to now and changing it to read how it comes across, you have managed to get it removed. So here it is again:

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby as a swing at non-specified posters most likely specifically FMF
    “For the dream comes through much effort and the voice of a fool through many words.” Ecclesiastes 5:3

Originally posted by divegeester in response to Grampy Bobby
    "here's another one of my own fart-smelling passive agressive jabs hidden behind a religious text"
    Fixed
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 07:16
    [b]... Mental Attitude ...
    yep
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 11:442 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have noticed that despite another poster pointing out to you that my [b]"fixing" of your post from several pages back, which I'm replying to now and changing it to read how it comes across, you have managed to get it removed. So here it is again:

[i]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby as a swing at non-specified posters most likely specifically FM ...[text shortened]... one of my own fart-smelling passive agressive jabs hidden behind a religious text"
    Fixed[/b]
    The words found in Ecclesiastes 5:3 are King Solomon's [neither yours nor mine].
    Quoting them seemed apropos to the trollfest going down the labyrinthian
    cesspool of no return at the time.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 11:56
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins July 23, 2010

"Introduction:

Recently it has been announced, not as a survey but as an official statistic, that one out of every six people has mental problems. [i]Many believers have mental problems because they have rejected the plan of God and are controlled by what they observe in the cosmic s ...[text shortened]... Hatred

14. Murder

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=358 (to be continued)
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins

1. ARROGANCE

The antithesis of grace, arrogance is total blindness to the grace of God. It is synonymous with vanity, which is empty pride in regard to one’s person, attainments, or possessions coupled with an excessive desire to be noticed, a lust for attention, lust for approval or praise from others.

Arrogance deceives its victim, Jeremiah 49:16, As for the terror of you, the arrogance of your heart has deceived you…; brings dishonor in your life, Proverbs 11:2, When arrogance comes, then comes dishonor.”; and causes self-destruction, Proverbs 16:18, Arrogance precedes destruction, and before a fall there is a lifestyle of arrogance.

2. PRIDE

The worst sin, pride involves inordinate self-esteem, conceit and a pre-occupation with self and rejection of authority. Arrogance, pride, and conceit are the original sins of the greatest genius creature of all time. We call him Satan or the devil but his original name was son of the morning, Heylel. He was the first creature to enter into this sin of pride, motivating him to rebel. Pride is the original sin found in the fallen angels in the pre-historic angelic conflict and motivated the fallen angels to rebel as well. Pride motivated the woman in the garden to sin.

Proverbs 8:13 The respect for the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way, and the perverted mouth, I hate.

Proverbs 16:5 Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; assuredly, he will not be unpunished.

3. JEALOUSY

A very serious mental attitude sin, jealousy causes a self-destructive mental attitude involving a system of thinking from the kosmos [the world system]. Jealousy, which includes pride and arrogance, is the strongest of all the mental attitude sins and is the other side of the coin from pride, which is the worst sin.

James 3:14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your right lobes, do not be arrogant and lie against the truth.

Jealousy is older than the human race, existing in eternity past when Lucifer, the son of the morning, became jealous of God. Jealousy surfaced in the human race when Cain became jealous of his brother, Abel. This motivated Cain to murder Abel.

Scripture describes jealousy as:

· Cruel, Song of Solomon 8:6, …Jealousy is as severe as Sheol; its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD.

· Filled with anger and revenge, Proverbs 6:34, For jealousy enrages a man, and he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

· Frustrating, Proverbs 27: 34, A stone is heavy and the sand weighty, but the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them. Wrath is fierce and anger is a flood, but who can stand before jealousy?

· A form of wisdom, James 3:15, This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic.

· Always creating instability and disorder in the life of the believer, James 3:16, For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist there is disorder and every evil thing.

· Self destructive, Job 5:2, For anger slays the foolish man and jealousy kills the simple.

· Affecting your health, Proverbs 14:30, A tranquil heart is life to the body, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones.

Jealousy is so strong that carrying a log across your shoulders while carrying a boulder under your arms is nothing compared to the burden of putting up with a fool as in Proverbs 27:3, A stone is heavy and the sand weighty, but the provocation of a fool is heavier than both of them. The “stone” in this passage is overt jealousy and anger; the “sand” is subtle jealousy. Proverbs 27:4, Wrath is fierce; and anger is a flood; but who can stand before jealousy.”

So great was the sin of jealousy in Israel that a special offering was made for it (Numbers 5:1131). It is very difficult for the believer to get over jealousy. Jealousy invariably is a symptom of neurotic insecurity. However, with rebound and application of doctrine and resumption in the predesigned plan of God, the believer can be immediately back on the road to recovery. Only the believer himself can allow another person to make him jealous.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=358 (to be continued)
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 12:181 edit
    The words found in Ecclesiastes 5:3 are King Solomon's [neither yours nor mine]. Quoting them seemed apropos to the trollfest going down the labyrinthian cesspool of no return at the time.
    Oh the irony. You yourself have even admitted you are currently wearing "troll's shoes". You hiding behind Bible quotes is tawdry.

Grampy Bobby: "I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes." February 11th.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 13:123 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh the irony. You yourself have even admitted you are currently wearing "troll's shoes". You hiding behind Bible quotes is tawdry.

Grampy Bobby: "I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes." February 11th.
    Originally posted by Grampy BobbyThread 162811
    "Brief experiment's been concluded." (Page 8-9)

"for several" days...

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby 10 Feb '15
    "Yes, the "Brief experiment's been concluded". Having witnessed the activity which took place in the "RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous" thread [in which the "unstated purpose of this thread is to hopefully siphon troll activity away from serious topic discussion threads."] I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes. How lonely, as if you're the only human being here. Far more important than the experiential take away is the reminder that occurred. Christ died for trolls too."
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 13:31
    "Yes, the "Brief experiment's been concluded". Having witnessed the activity which took place in the "RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous" thread [in which the "unstated purpose of this thread is to hopefully siphon troll activity away from serious topic discussion threads."] I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes. How lonely, as if you're the only human being here. Far more important than the experiential take away is the reminder that occurred. Christ died for trolls too."

How is one supposed to tell the difference between when you think you are "trolling" and when you don't think you are "trolling"? It's all just the same.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 13:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]"Yes, the "Brief experiment's been concluded". Having witnessed the activity which took place in the "RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous" thread [in which the "unstated purpose of this thread is to hopefully siphon troll activity away from serious topic discussion threads."] I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes. How lonely, as if you'r ...[text shortened]... ou think you are "trolling" and when you don't think you are "trolling"? It's all just the same.
    "Christ died for trolls too."
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 13:442 edits
    When you reckon you are "trolling" and when you don't ~ it all just sounds the same.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:09
    I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes.
    Have you thought about what would happen if every poster did that, even for a few days?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have noticed that despite another poster pointing out to you that my [b]"fixing" of your post from several pages back, which I'm replying to now and changing it to read how it comes across, you have managed to get it removed. So here it is again:

[i]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby as a swing at non-specified posters most likely specifically FM ...[text shortened]... one of my own fart-smelling passive agressive jabs hidden behind a religious text"
    Fixed[/b]
    And you just doubled your own words pontificating about how GB likes to pontificate.

You like to hear yourself speak, too, I bet.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Have you thought about what would happen if every poster did that, even for a few days?
    How would it be much different than now? Seriously.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:291 edit
    According to your theology, when Christ died on the cross, did his purported omniscient/prescient God part already know that you ~ Grampy Bobby ~ would be referring to his death 2,000 years later when trying to land a sanctimonious cuff on the chops of someone you just so happen to dislike/disagree with on a message board on the internet?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to your theology, when Christ died on the cross, did his purported omniscient/prescient God part already know that you ~ Grampy Bobby ~ would be referring to his death 2,000 years later when trying to land a sanctimonious cuff on the chops of someone you just so happen to dislike/disagree with on a message board on the internet?
    *whistle*

Laughable premise, offense. 10 yards.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    *whistle*

Laughable premise, offense. 10 yards.
    I think Grampy Bobby's reference to Christ's crucifixion to score some kind of point while he's admitted he's wearing his "troll's shoes" is laughable and shoddy. I don't need you to see it the same way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree