RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Jan 15

Originally posted by roigam
Sorry you feel that way. We do what we can but we are basically looking to help people learn things about God's Word. We are not looking to argue with people who are convinced about their beliefs. If you are looking for more information than we supply go to JW.org for a free personal Bible study.
I think it might help if, when you are about to withdraw from a discussion with someone because you have concluded that the person is "convinced about their beliefs," you say so. Otherwise it gives the impression that divegeester has described, and that impression tends to reinforce their beliefs, which loses ground for you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15

Sorry you feel that way. We do what we can but we are basically looking to help people learn things about God's Word. We are not looking to argue with people who are convinced about their beliefs. If you are looking for more information than we supply go to JW.org for a free personal Bible study.
Appreciate your honesty.

F

Moves
30 Jan 15

Do you get any guidance or training on interpersonal and communication skills from your organisation regarding your proselytizing on line or on doorsteps?

r

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you get any guidance or training on interpersonal and communication skills from your organisation regarding your proselytizing on line or on doorsteps?
Yes we do and, despite our own inadequacies, because of Jehovah's blessing of the preaching and teaching work the prophecy at Isaiah 60:22 is being fulfilled in our day.
(Isaiah 60:22) The little one will become a thousand And the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.”
1919-6000
2014- over 8 million and growing.

F

Moves
30 Jan 15

Yes we do and, despite our own inadequacies, because of Jehovah's blessing of the preaching and teaching work the prophecy at Isaiah 60:22 is being fulfilled in our day.
Does you organisation take any steps to address behaviour by its members ~ when proselytizing after having identified themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses ~ that might be counter-productive or detrimental to its interests or its credibility?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 15

I'm afraid you can't hide behind a feigned attempt to hold the "higher ground" here roigam. Whatever your excuse your behavior is poor forum etiquette. I've repeatedly called out Galveston75 over this also. Your comment here smacks of dishonesty.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

Based on your behaviour in this forum and particularly your own "angels" thread; if you knocked on my door asked me the same question and I responded respectfully several times (as I did in your angels thread), would you treat me the way you have there, i.e. stand there and ignore me, pretending you weren't being rude just "avoiding an argument"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 15

Originally posted by JS357
I think it might help if, when you are about to withdraw from a discussion with someone because you have concluded that the person is "convinced about their beliefs," you say so. Otherwise it gives the impression that divegeester has described, and that impression tends to reinforce their beliefs, which loses ground for you.
Thank you for supporting correct forum etiquette.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Another OP example relating to my taxi driver "on the way home from grocery shopping" yesterday: About a mile or so from home I said, "Since early 2012 I've thoroughly enjoyed engaging total strangers [men or women alone, mothers or fathers with their children] in the grocery store aisles in conversation. Whether commenting on the weather, major league spo ...[text shortened]... o disclose my name and home address in public. Yes, I often pray for the salvation of these friends.
Forgot to mention his comment about Hollywood Actors and Actresses, many of whom are opposed to free enterprise energy initiatives and for higher taxes on corporate and small business. "Show Business is exactly that, it's a big business. How hypocritical of these people who have prospered and become wealthy courtesy of the free enterprise system. All they do during their professional lives is pretend." Hmm... wonder if the persona anonymity of a nickname in an online public forum provides an enabling license to behave more aggressively than the norm with family, colleagues at work and friends.

r

Moves
30 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Does you organisation take any steps to address behaviour by its members ~ when proselytizing after having identified themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses ~ that might be counter-productive or detrimental to its interests or its credibility?
Not to worry.

r

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Based on your behaviour in this forum and particularly your own "angels" thread; if you knocked on my door asked me the same question and I responded respectfully several times (as I did in your angels thread), would you treat me the way you have there, i.e. stand there and ignore me, pretending you weren't being rude just "avoiding an argument"?
I'm not ignoring you. I just don't always get back to the thread where you call for personal attention. Your points have been answered probably many times over and sometimes there are people who are honestly in search of more information. I tend to be drawn to their need 1st. I do try to give you honest attention. We don't judge or reject anyone except known apostates.
From your own admission you are not an apostate.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

I'm not ignoring you.
Stop being dishonest. Again. You said in the other thread that you did not reply to me because you didn't bother relying to people who you believed were already fixed in their belief.

So which is it; you either didn't bother or you missed it?

PS I'm getting Galveston75 déjà vu...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jan 15
1 edit

"Dear OP: Please accept our thanks for doing your thankless job flawlessly. FDR and I would like to invite you and Mrs. OP to join us for a State Dinner at the White House two weeks from today. Cordially, First Lady Eleanor"

RSVP

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jan 15

[b] We do what we can but we are basically looking to help people learn things about God's Word./b]
I do what I can to help people avoid being deceived by the Jehovah's Witness cult. If you are interested in learning more about this work please PM me.

F

Moves
31 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's [b]"unstated purpose" is behind his OP... Any takers....?
To give a demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at the OP poster's disposal, as I suggested earlier ~ in a 'bingo!' moment ~ on this thread.