1. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 15:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How would it be much different than now? Seriously.
    A lot worse I expect. Imagine what happens when posters you don't like and think are behaving badly, but do not themselves think they are behaving badly, decide to behave badly by their own standards?

I find it interesting just how many posters didn't learn as children that two wrongs do not make a right. How many posters in the last week have used as an excuse 'but the other guy was doing it first and I was just copying!'.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 2)

1. ARROGANCE

The antithesis of grace, arrogance is total blindness to the grace of God. It is synonymous with vanity, which is empty pride in regard to one’s person, attainments, or possessions coupled with an excessive desire to be noticed, a lust for attention, lust for approval or pr ...[text shortened]... o make him jealous.[/i]

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=358 (to be continued)
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 3)

4. IMPLACABILITY

Implacability is characterized by one who is impossible to please or satisfy. This takes root in the mental attitude of the soul where the person has no appreciation for life. Hell has an insatiable appetite, and lust just never quits.

Proverbs 27:20 Death and hell are never satisfied, Nor are the eyes of an implacable person ever satisfied.

The growing believer’s life should be overflowing with appreciation, especially appreciation for all that God has done for him. Many Christians yearn for more “things” yet do not appreciate what they already possess. They are so caught up in their destination that they forget to enjoy the journey; and, above all, do not have gratitude for the graciousness and the love of people that they meet along the way. It is futile for the believer to crave more things in life if he cannot enjoy and appreciate what he has in the present. It would be better to appreciate things that one cannot have than to have things that one is not able to appreciate. The apostle Paul says one of the signs of the last days is the fact that people would be ungrateful.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy.

Implacable people refuse to appreciate. Appreciation of life itself, becoming suddenly aware of the miracle of being alive, on this planet, can turn what we call ordinary life into a miracle.

5. BITTERNESS

Bitterness is manifested in every believer who does not have a personal relationship with God. They eventually become a walking bombshell ready to explode at any moment and the trigger or the button which is pushed is the sin of bitterness. The believer who allows bitterness to cause the explosion, either inwardly or overtly, hurts his own life. This is called self-induced misery. Harboring bitterness produces a very serious spiritual problem, a problem which is not correctable apart from personal love for God and impersonal unconditional love for all mankind.

Bitter people are caustic or sarcastic. They have shigaion, pain in the mind. Bitterness is severity of temper, biting sarcasm, a painful inward affliction, and a deep distress of mind that defiles others as well as self. Deuteronomy 28:34 says to those believers who are negative, You shall be driven mad [again shigaon] by the sight of what you see.

Hebrews 12:15 See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled.

Being rejected is a strong reason for bitterness in the lives of most believers especially in marriage according to Colossians 3:19, Husbands, love your wives, and do not be embittered against them.

Bitterness lives and resides in the mind, Proverbs 14:10, The heart [mind, right lobe] knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share its joy.

Bitterness in believers is so obvious that even strangers avoid them. Why? Because bitterness produces a complaining attitude. Complaining is simply an outward effect of an inward sin. The person who shuns the bitter moments of friends will be an outsider at their celebrations.

Job 7:11 “Therefore, I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.”

Job 10:1 “I loathe my own life; I will give full vent to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.”

Bitterness produces misery, Psalm 73:21-22, When my heart was filled with bitterness, and I was pierced within, then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like an animal before you, thus the phrase, “those people are like animals.”

Most of you have heard the phrase, “Hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn.” David taught his son Solomon the same thing when he said in Proverbs 5:3-4, For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and smoother than oil is her speech; but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword.

Later on Solomon would write, Ecclesiastes 7:26, And I discovered more bitter than death the woman whose heart is snares and nets, whose hands are chains. One who is pleasing to God will escape from her, but the sinner will be captured by her.

3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 20:18
    The words found in Ecclesiastes 5:3 are King Solomon's [neither yours nor mine].
    Quoting them seemed apropos to the trollfest going down the labyrinthian
    cesspool of no return at the time.
    It's the internet GB, and a little argument on it. It's not Armageddon nor the battle of the powers of the air vs. the spirits of sea.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 00:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's the internet GB, and a little argument on it. It's not Armageddon nor the battle of the powers of the air vs. the spirits of sea.
    Respect your privilege of holding and expressing this point of view; however, "the internet" is a component of your daily life and mine. Why do RHP Members participate in its public forums? To leave an indelible fingerprint or footprint? To be in the swim, seeing and being seen? Human warmth? Some experience it with conversation, others with friction. Let's be civil.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 01:402 edits
    Respect your privilege of holding and expressing this point of view; however, "the internet" is a component of your daily life and mine.
    There's no difference between your posts when you admit that you are trolling and your posts when you do admit you are trolling. It's all the same. You are what you post. You often quote Crowley on this matter. But what did Crowley say about you?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 01:481 edit
    Why do RHP Members participate in its public forums? To leave an indelible fingerprint or footprint? To be in the swim, seeing and being seen? Human warmth? Some experience it with conversation, others with friction. Let's be civil.
    It will escape no one's notice that while you direct this comment at divegeester for whom you clearly have some sort of inexplicable personal loathing, you have never directed any such comments at the Spirituality Forum's most relentlessly caustic, grudge-wielding, human-warmth-lacking and friction-fuelled regular member, Suzianne.

You are of course within your rights to chastise divegeester constantly whilst hiding behind Bible quotes ~ hey, that's what ugly internet Christians do ~ but you should not allow yourself to forget that your pompous hypocrisy is in plain view at almost all times.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 02:02
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 3)

4. IMPLACABILITY

Implacability is characterized by one who is impossible to please or satisfy. This takes root in the mental attitude of the soul where the person has no appreciation for life. Hell has an insatiable appetite, and lust just never quits.

Proverbs 27:20 Death and hell ...[text shortened]... ill be captured by her.

Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 4)

6. VINDICTIVENESS

Vindictiveness enters into the believer’s modus operandi as retaliation for wrongs, real or imagined. In this carnal state, the believer becomes obsessed with seeking revenge, resulting in the desire to hurt, to be spiteful, and to try to inflict suffering or punishment as retribution for this real or imagined evil or injury. This type of person is ugly to be around because even his countenance testifies against him. One writer states, in the sex war, thoughtlessness is the weapon of the male, vindictiveness of the female.

Vindictiveness is also accompanied by jealousy, Proverbs 6:34, For jealousy enrages a man, and he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

In fellowship, the believer can leave the problem in the high court of heaven as in Hebrews 10:30, For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”

7. INORDINATE AMBITION AND INORDINATE COMPETITION

Inordinate ambition and inordinate competition is also a mental attitude sin. Ambition and competition in life is legitimate. However, when the believer becomes obsessed with competing and comparing self with others it becomes sin.

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we are not bold to class or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves; but when they measure themselves by themselves, and compare themselves with themselves, they are without understanding. The same verse in the Living Bible says, Their trouble is that they are only comparing themselves with each other and measuring themselves against their own little ideas. What stupidity!

We are told that it is the motives that the Lord weighs in Proverbs 16:2, All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the Lord weighs the motives. 1 Corinthians 4:5, Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, {but wait} until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of {men’s} hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God.

The apostle Paul even tells us that if we do something great but with the wrong motives it absolutely useless in 1Co 15:32. In 1 Corinthians 15:32 he said, “If from human motives I fought with wild beasts at Ephesus, what does it profit me?”

We are even warned about pastors or men in the position of pastors who do not have the gift. Paul says in Philippians 1:17, “The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. You can be a teacher of the Bible and have wrong motives!

8. FEAR

A whole system of sins, fear includes worry, anxiety, insecurity, incapability of doctrinal application, and therefore inability to use the problem solving devices. Fear is an emotional sin and it torments the lives of others.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

For the believer who lives in a state of fear, the fear increases like a disease. As the cancer of fear increases, that individual becomes intimidated by life.

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 07:432 edits
    Let's be civil.
    You started this pie-fight with your Machiavellian OP and it's "unstated purpose" which was to clearly draw a fight, and now here you are piously calling for civility. As FMF said above, your pompous hypocrisy is on display.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 07:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You started this pie-fight with your Machiavellian OP and it's "unstated purpose" which was to clearly draw a fight, and now here you are piously calling for civility. As FMF said above, your pompous hypocrisy is on display.
    Thanks for your reply.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 12:14

6. VINDICTIVENESS

Vindictiveness enters into the believer’s modus operandi as retaliation for wrongs, real or imagined. In this carnal state, the believer becomes obsessed with seeking revenge, resulting in the desire to hurt, to be spiteful, and to try to inflict suffering or punishmen ...[text shortened]... es intimidated by life.

Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 5)

9. GUILT

Guilt can be a devastating thing if it’s not handled properly. Satan accuses God’s people to try to make them feel guilty so that they hide from God and separate themselves from Him.

Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

Genesis 3:7-10 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings. They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?” He said, “I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”

In the Christian life all have failed in some facet of life and must move on with the spiritual life through rebound. The believer cannot be distracted by past failures, except to learn from them, not to blame others for them. The spiritual life instructs the believer to forget the past and move toward the high ground of spiritual maturity. Past failures must never become present handicaps.

All believers must learn how to handle their past including that great villain called guilt. The essential element for living in freedom from guilt is understanding grace. If the believer does not realize that God’s justice and righteousness are completely satisfied and that his relationship with Him is based upon the accomplishments of the cross, then guilt will torment him until it drives him from the presence of the Lord.

10. WORRY

Worry is soulish torment or anxiety regarding anything in life. It is a disquieting and painful state of mind involving undue concern over something in life. Worried people anticipate the worst, and so worry becomes apprehension or anticipation of danger, misfortune, trouble, or uncertainty.
    Worry is a state of restlessness and agitation, producing mental disturbance, uneasiness, foreboding, anxiety, and painful uncertainty.

Worry is a destroyer of the soul. If unchecked, it results in mental illness. Worry in the mind causes shock to the body.

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad.

People worry about sin which causes guilt.

Psalm 38:18 For I confess my iniquity; I am full of anxiety because of my sin.

And worry is a sin, therefore, we are ordered to stop worrying.

Romans 14:23 Whatever is not from faith is sin.

Luke 12:29 “And do not seek what you shall eat, and what you shall drink, and do not keep worrying.”

These mental attitude sins are very subtle, because they blaspheme the character of God and say in effect that God is not capable of taking care of you.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 13:21
    Thanks for your reply.
    You are welcome; perhaps you will file my comment in your ever-expanding-but never discussed, items of things "you have learned from other posters", as mentioned in your OP.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 16:581 edit

6. VINDICTIVENESS

Vindictiveness enters into the believer’s modus operandi as retaliation for wrongs, real or imagined. In this carnal state, the believer becomes obsessed with seeking revenge, resulting in the desire to hurt, to be spiteful, and to try to inflict suffering or punishmen ...[text shortened]... es intimidated by life.

9. GUILT

Guilt can be a devastating thing if it’s not handled properly. Satan accuses God’s people to try to make them feel guilty so that they hide from God and separate themselves from Him.

Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

Genesis 3:7-10 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings. They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, “Where are you?” He said, “I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”

In the Christian life all have failed in some facet of life and must move on with the spiritual life through rebound. The believer cannot be distracted by past failures, except to learn from them, not to blame others for them. The spiritual life instructs the believer to forget the past and move toward the high ground of spiritual maturity. Past failures must never become present handicaps.

All believers must learn how to handle their past including that great villain called guilt. The essential element for living in freedom from guilt is understanding grace. If the believer does not realize that God’s justice and righteousness are completely satisfied and that his relationship with Him is based upon the accomplishments of the cross, then guilt will torment him until it drives him from the presence of the Lord.

10. WORRY

Worry is soulish torment or anxiety regarding anything in life. It is a disquieting and painful state of mind involving undue concern over something in life. Worried people anticipate the worst, and so worry becomes apprehension or anticipation of danger, misfortune, trouble, or uncertainty.

Worry is a state of restlessness and agitation, producing mental disturbance, uneasiness, foreboding, anxiety, and painful uncertainty.

Worry is a destroyer of the soul. If unchecked, it results in mental illness. Worry in the mind causes shock to the body.

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in the heart of a man weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad.

People worry about sin which causes guilt.

Psalm 38:18 For I confess my iniquity; I am full of anxiety because of my sin.

And worry is a sin, therefore, we are ordered to stop worrying.

Romans 14:23 Whatever is not from faith is sin.

Luke 12:29 “And do not seek what you shall eat, and what you shall drink, and do not keep worrying.”

These mental attitude sins are very subtle, because they blaspheme the character of God and say in effect that God is not capable of taking care of you.

13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 18:32
    The exact same wall-o-text, someone else's writing, pasted two posts in a row, four hours apart, on the same thread?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 21:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    The exact same wall-o-text, someone else's writing, pasted two posts in a row, four hours apart, on the same thread?
    How do you like your spam?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 05:51

9. GUILT

Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the p ...[text shortened]... taking care of you.[/i]

Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 6)

11. ANGER

Anger is expressed in antagonism, hatred, exasperation, resentment, and irrationality. It can be mental or emotional or both. Anger motivates jealousy and cruelty, Pro 27:4. A person can’t be angry without being cruel and unfair.

Anger is related to stupidity.
    Ecclesiastes 7:9, Do not be hasty to be angry in your right lobe; for anger resides in the bosom of fools.”

Anger results in self induced misery.

Proverbs 22:8 He who sows iniquity will reap vanity, And the rod of his fury will perish.

12. JUDGING

Judging is a mental attitude sin as well as a verbal sin.

Matthew 7:13 is the practical application to the believer’s life. “Judge not, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others you will be judged. And with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you again.”

13. Hatred

Hatred is self-punishment, the coward’s revenge for being intimidated, madness of the heart, the anger of the weak. Hatred does more harm to the believer who harbors it than to the object of his hatred.

· Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it.
    · Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it.
    · Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar…

The believer who is operating in the predesigned plan of God is humble and does not waste time hating anyone. True humility manifests itself by the avoidance of hatred. As in 1 John 4:20, the mental attitude sin of hatred indicates that the believer does not love God. Life is too short to hate anyone!

14. Murder

Finally, murder can also be a mental attitude sin.

1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=358 (6 of 6)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree