1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 11:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are welcome; perhaps you will file my comment in your ever-expanding-but never discussed, items of things "you have learned from other posters", as mentioned in your OP.
    Ok.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 11:18
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ok.
    Are you just bumping your own thread to seek attention now?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 15:23
    Doctrine of Mental Attitude Sins (Part 6)

11. ANGER

Anger is expressed in antagonism, hatred, exasperation, resentment, and irrationality. It can be mental or emotional or both. Anger motivates jealousy and cruelty, Pro 27:4. A person can’t be angry without being cruel and unfair.

Anger is related to stupidity.
    Ecclesiastes 7:9, ...[text shortened]... has eternal life abiding in him.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=358 (6 of 6)
    Doctrine of Dung September 6, 2014

DOCTRINE OF DUNG

A. Definition. As used in the Bible, dung is used to illustrate or portray principles of doctrine in a negative way. Dung is used because it is not only objectionable to the senses, but is total waste. Therefore, it makes an excellent illustration.

B. Etymology.

1. Hebrew.
    a. ASHPIT means a dunghill, 1 Sam 2:8; Ps 113:7; Neh 2:13, 3:14, 12:31.
    b. GELEL means human excrement, Job 20:7; 1 Kg 14:10; Ezek 4:12, 15; Zeph 1:17.
    c. GULAL, 1 Kgs 14:10.
    d. DOMEN is a very vulgar word, Jer 8:2, 16:4, 25:33.
    e. PERESH, Ex 29:14; Lev 4:11, 8:17; Num 19:5; Mal 2:3.

2. Greek.
    a. SKUBALON means piles of dung.
    b. Adjectives are used with dung in the Bible, such as “manure.”

C. Uses of “Dung” in the Bible.

1. Dung is used to describe the pseudo‑celebrity standards of Judaism, Phil 3:8.

2. Dung is used to describe the administration of the fifth cycle of discipline to a nation. It is used for defeat in battle by which the military establishment of a nation is destroyed.

a. Dead soldiers are called dung on the ground because they have been wasted, Jer 9:22, 16:4. Freedom not preserved is a waste.
    b. Jer 25:33 describes the Armageddon military defeat.
    c. Reversionists and demon possessed people die in battle when their country goes under the fifth cycle of discipline, Jer 8:2.
    d. In Zeph 1:17, dung is used to describe what happens to people when a nation disintegrates.

3. Dung is used to portray the judgment of the wicked, Job 20:4‑7.

4. Dung was used to threaten and intimidate the Jews into surrendering to the Assyrians, 2 Kgs 18:27; Isa 36:12. The Jews had enough Bible doctrine in their souls to interpret contemporary history.

5. The interruption of the Jewish Age [Church Age] plus the fifth cycle of discipline is described as dung in Mal 2:3.

6. Dung is used to describe the fall of mighty ones, Lam 4:5
    7. Dung is used to describe the uselessness of the reversionistic believer, Lk 14:34‑35.

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=3019
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 15:336 edits

. Uses of “Dung” in the Bible.

1. Dung is used to describe the pseudo‑celebrity standards of Judaism, Phil 3:8.

2. Dung is used to describe the administration of the fifth cycle of discipline to a nation. It is used for defeat in battle by which the military establishment of a nation is destroyed.

a. Dead soldiers are called dung on the ground because they have been wasted, Jer 9:22, 16:4. Freedom not preserved is a waste.
    b. Jer 25:33 describes the Armageddon military defeat.
    c. Reversionists and demon possessed people die in battle when their country goes under the fifth cycle of discipline, Jer 8:2.
    d. In Zeph 1:17, dung is used to describe what happens to people when a nation disintegrates.

3. Dung is used to portray the judgment of the wicked, Job 20:4‑7.

4. Dung was used to threaten and intimidate the Jews into surrendering to the Assyrians, 2 Kgs 18:27; Isa 36:12. The Jews had enough Bible doctrine in their souls to interpret contemporary history.

5. The interruption of the Jewish Age [Church Age] plus the fifth cycle of discipline is described as dung in Mal 2:3.

6. Dung is used to describe the fall of mighty ones, Lam 4:5
    7. Dung is used to describe the uselessness of the reversionistic believe

Most importantly, Paul used dung to mean anything that he might consider from his past that was better than the subjective and experiential knowledge of Christ. All things and ANYTHING which might compete with the knowledge of the excellency of Christ was by comparison to him - DUNG .

Nothing surpassed the priceless preciousness of the knowledge of Christ his Lord.

I am trying to learn the same.

"But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ.

But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse [dung] that I may gain Christ." (Phil. 3:7,8)

I am, life long wise, expecting that sooner or latter I will have the same realization. In comparison to knowing Christ - it is all just dung.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 16:08
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote]

. Uses of “Dung” in the Bible.

a. Dead soldiers are called dung on th ...[text shortened]... latter I will have the same realization. In comparison to knowing Christ - it is all just dung.
    Well said, sonship. Thank you.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 08:02
    No.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 15:37
    Thoughts for Today:

1) Denial by lying has become an art form within the television news and social media as well as in online forums.

2) Accept the authority of and worship the creator or accept the authority of and worship some creature.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 16:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 02:38
    "No pockets in a shroud" Posted on August 29, 2014 by Vincent Smith, Author

"John D. Rockefeller used to be the world’s richest man. He was once asked how much a person needed to be happy; and with great insight into human nature, he replied: ‘Just a little bit more.’ After his death, a reporter, who was writing an article about the size of the Rockerfeller estate, called one of Rockefeller’s senior aides and asked, “How much did Rockefeller leave behind?” The aide, with great insight into the nature of human reality answered, “All of it.”

Most of us know that old Irish saying that there are no pockets in a shroud, but how many of us, I wonder, really take note of it? That’s why Jesus said we should lay up treasures for ourselves in Heaven – treasures that enrich us in this life and the next. And these are the treasures of faith, hope and love. The only thing we’ll take with us is what we are within."

http://guidepostswithbobsmith.com/2014/08/29/no-pockets-in-a-shroud/
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 06:11

No.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 10:29

No.
    RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous (OP)

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 10:42
    Thread 162422 (Page 16)
    "Red Hot Pawn will celebrate its 14th Year in business as a viable online correspondence chess site [with public forums, private clans and clubs] on Saturday, February 21, 2015." Thanks, Russ, and Happy Birthday, Red Hot Pawn!

* Please feel free to express your appreciations to Russ and birthday wishes to an online chess site we all know and love.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 10:52
    Grampy Bobby: "I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes." February 11th.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 11:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby: "I wanted to experience this forum wearing a troll's shoes." February 11th.
    @FMF "I pan for gold in the Spirituality Forum's babbling brook. But I've had to keep my day job thus far."

Maybe next time an opportunity is presented, I'll set aside a parenthetical few days to try gold miner's boots.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 11:23
    @FMF "I pan for gold in the Spirituality Forum's babbling brook. But I've had to keep my day job thus far."

Maybe next time an opportunity is presented, I'll set aside a parenthetical few days to try gold miner's boots.
    Unfortunately, the only "gold" you have to offer is "comedy gold". 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree