RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]Another Original Post example: Whenever there's a personal message from friends or strangers who haven't been active on this spirituality forum for awhile, I'll usually go to their profiles to read the most recent posts before opening the message with the hope of being able to reply in an informed way.

Let me get this straight. Are you referring to rep ...[text shortened]... agree with the OP ... that this navel-gazing revelation "wouldn't merit a thread of its own". 😉[/b]
😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 3)
Topics of general interest without attribution from time to time, sure. Here's a quote from my taxi driver today on the way home from grocery shopping: "Last Saturday I stayed up half the night and finally figured out the meaning of life. When I woke up I had forgotten it." lol Then he got serious and said: "You know, Bob, I can't believe how some ...[text shortened]... e human race." Asked if I could post his comments in an online public forum. He said: "I'm honored."
Another OP example relating to my taxi driver "on the way home from grocery shopping" yesterday: About a mile or so from home I said, "Since early 2012 I've thoroughly enjoyed engaging total strangers [men or women alone, mothers or fathers with their children] in the grocery store aisles in conversation. Whether commenting on the weather, major league sporting events, news issues of the day, relating to their children, asking advice on recipes or on occasion discussing spiritual matters triggered by their own comments about my use of a motorized grocery shopping vehicle or the arm casts or foot braces they were wearing or witnessing for Christ in answering their questions, shopping has been a joyful event." He said: "Well we're all glad that you're out of paralysis rehab and enjoy chatting with you." I came to the point telling about the realization that dawned while shopping today: "From what I've observed these past three years, it seems that happy people spend more. Why I don't know." To which he said, "I couldn't agree more. In all my years of driving for this company and one in Florida, the silent and grouchy fares hardly tip at all." On the phone his wife who is the day shift dispatcher decided to address me as "Mr. Bob". When shopping's done, it simplifies going to the courtesy desk to request a taxi ride home. I remind the store employee of the phone number and that Charlene will answer. All they need to say is "Mr. Bob is ready to go home." which eliminates the need to disclose my name and home address in public. Yes, I often pray for the salvation of these friends.

r

Moves
29 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
😵
I think GB is a closet fisherman.

F

Moves
29 Jan 15

Originally posted by roigam
Maybe. Seems he uses barbasco to ply his trade. 😉

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 15
2 edits

GB never deliberately avoids responding to posts when cornered like you and your other Jehovahs Witness colleagues do; none of you bear a good witness to your organisation.

#Thread 162439

F

Moves
29 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Another OP example relating to my taxi driver "on the way home from grocery shopping" yesterday: About a mile or so from home I said, "Since early 2012 I've thoroughly enjoyed engaging total strangers [men or women alone, mothers or fathers with their children] in the grocery store aisles in conversation. Whether commenting on the weather, major league sporting events, news issues of the day, relating to their children, asking advice on recipes or on occasion discussing spiritual matters triggered by their own comments about my use of a motorized grocery shopping vehicle or the arm casts or foot braces they were wearing or witnessing for Christ in answering their questions, shopping has been a joyful event." He said: "Well we're all glad that you're out of paralysis rehab and enjoy chatting with you." I came to the point telling about the realization that dawned while shopping today: "From what I've observed these past three years, it seems that happy people spend more. Why I don't know." To which he said, "I couldn't agree more. In all my years of driving for this company and one in Florida, the silent and grouchy fares hardly tip at all." On the phone his wife who is the day shift dispatcher decided to address me as "Mr. Bob". When shopping's done, it simplifies going to the courtesy desk to request a taxi ride home. I remind the store employee of the phone number and that Charlene will answer. All they need to say is "Mr. Bob is ready to go home." which eliminates the need to disclose my name and home address in public. Yes, I often pray for the salvation of these friends.

Few pages ago: One noticeable behavior on this forum in recent years is the frequency and gratuitous use by some contributors of the vertical personal pronoun in tandem with the nicknames of other site members. First Lady Eleanor would be pleased: "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." ~Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962)

Your "vertical personal pronoun" seems to have popped a woody.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15
1 edit

TL or WC/VPC = NEU or SA

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 15

Because I care about and learn from them...
Are you ready yet to share one meaningful thing that you have learned from these other posters?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
29 Jan 15

He is a closet "something".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15

Years ago we enjoyed fishing in the Atlantic Ocean off Cape Cod.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15

Are you ready yet to share one meaningful thing that you have learned from these other posters?
Lady Eleanor will decide when in her own sweet time.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 15

Lady Eleanor will decide when in her own sweet time.
Eleanor Rigby?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15

TL or WC/VPC = NEU or SA
Text L or WC/VPC = NEU or SA

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jan 15

Eleanor Rigby?
"None of these posts are rigged by anyone we know." ~ Lady Eleanor

r

Moves
29 Jan 15

GB never deliberately avoids responding to posts when cornered like you and your other Jehovahs Witness colleagues do; none of you bear a good witness to your organisation.

#Thread 162439
Sorry you feel that way. We do what we can but we are basically looking to help people learn things about God's Word. We are not looking to argue with people who are convinced about their beliefs. If you are looking for more information than we supply go to JW.org for a free personal Bible study.