RJHinds and the principle of antichrist

RJHinds and the principle of antichrist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Sep 14
5 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Open your eyes, if you have any. I suppose they must mean the NWT scripture. In your case I suppose it is the Recovery Version.

I don't think a JW would give a NWT to anyone at random and encourage them to read it for themselves.

I would have no hesitation of giving a Recovery Version with OR WITHOUT footnotes (we have both), and telling them to go READ this.

I trust the Holy Spirit.
Peddlers of the NWT do not, but have to come to your house to teach you to be disgusted with the Trinity and a host of other things which the loath. That includes that the Word who was God became flesh. (John 1:1,14)

Don't get me wrong. Any eager person wanting to have study with the bible, RcV or otherwise, I would oblige.

But I do not think for a moment that ONLY with an RcV can God speak or lead a person into truth.

You have to put your imaginary strawman AWAY.

www.recoveryversion.org

There is nowhere I can think of in this ad that it states this is the ONLY Bible that human beings should use. Plenty new good versions come out. This is another one.

In my opinion you should get the NT portion free of charge and add it to your collection. Then at least you would know something about what you're talking about with Brother Lee's explanations of some things in his study notes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Sep 14

Originally posted by sonship
Open your eyes, if you have any. I suppose they must mean the NWT scripture. In your case I suppose it is the Recovery Version.

I don't think a JW would give a NWT to anyone at random and encourage them to read it for themselves.

I would have no hesitation of giving a Recovery Version with OR WITHOUT footnotes (we have both), and te ...[text shortened]... out what you're talking about with Brother Lee's explanations of some things in his study notes.
Yes it would be nice if we knew what we were talking about. However, for now, I would appreciate you not teaching these unorthodox ideas unless you indicate they are from Witness Lee and not from God or Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Sep 14
1 edit

Yes it would be nice if we knew what we were talking about. However, for now, I would appreciate you not teaching these unorthodox ideas unless you indicate they are from Witness Lee and not from God or Jesus.
I don't care what you would appreciate. I especially don't care about your groundless assertions that something you don't like is "unorthodox" because you're too lazy to really look into a matter.

I care to include in my belief and in my teaching all that the Bible says concerning Jesus Christ. I do not want to be robbed or shortchanged by anyone's tendency to display the principle of antichrist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Sep 14

I don't care what you would appreciate. I especially don't care about your groundless assertions that something you don't like is "unorthodox" because you're too lazy to really look into a matter.

I care to include in my belief and in my teaching all that the Bible says concerning Jesus Christ. I do not want to be robbed or shortchanged by anyone's tendency to display the principle of antichrist.
Make up your mind. Do you believe I am an antichrist or not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Sep 14
1 edit

Make up your mind. Do you believe I am an antichrist or not?
When you fight against some aspect of the revelation of who Christ is you are working out the principle of an antichrist or the principle of antichrist.

This thread has been on "the principle of antichrist".
It has not been on "What name can we call other people?"

From Life Study of 1,2, 3rd John by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=30E74CAFE7

PRACTICING THE PRINCIPLE OF ANTICHRIST

In a foregoing message we pointed out that the principle of antichrist is to deny some aspect of Christ's Person and replace it with something other than Christ. If someone denies an aspect of Christ revealed in the Scriptures, that one is following the principle of antichrist, although what he is doing may be done unconsciously and unintentionally. Likewise, if someone replaces an aspect of Christ with something that is not of Christ, he is also practicing the principle of antichrist.

The teaching among today's Christians follows this principle, at least to some extent. For instance, the traditional teaching concerning the Trinity is not complete. Moreover, this teaching makes the Trinity an objective doctrine that has very little to do with Christian experience. Some teach that the One who dwells in us is only the Spirit, representing the Son and the Father, who are in the heavens. These are illustrations of inaccurate and incomplete teachings concerning the Trinity.

[my bolding]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Sep 14

cont. from above

What many Christians have today is for the most part an objective religion with teachings and regulations. Often the believers are advised and encouraged to do good. However, this teaching is not related to the divine life, which is actually the Triune God within us. In this sense, much of the teaching among today's Christians is in the principle of antichrist, although unintentionally, either in denying certain aspects of Christ or in replacing Christ with other things.

All the virtues in our human living should be Christ Himself as the embodiment of the Triune God expressed from within us. Christ should be our love, humility, kindness, meekness, patience. Can you see that the teaching to improve our behavior and character leads to a replacement of the living Christ who dwells within us? Paul could say, “To me to live is Christ” (Phil. 1:21). Christ was Paul's love, meekness, patience, and humility. Christ was every aspect of Paul's human virtues. By this we see that we should not have anything of ourselves in place of Christ. If we replace Christ with something of our own behavior and character, we are practicing the principle of antichrist in the sense of allowing certain things to replace Christ Himself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 14

When you fight against some aspect of the revelation of who Christ is you are working out the principle of an antichrist or the principle of antichrist.

This thread has been on [b]"the principle of antichrist"
It has not been on "What name can we call other people?"

From Life Study of 1,2, 3rd John by Witness Lee

http://www.ministrybo ...[text shortened]... rations of inaccurate and incomplete teachings concerning the Trinity. [/quote]

[my bolding][/b]
I don't give a crap about any life study by witness Lee. As far as I'm concerned, witness Lee is full of crap.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Sep 14
1 edit

I don't give a crap about any life study by witness Lee. As far as I'm concerned, witness Lee is full of crap.
I know that you have contempt for this servant of God.

But Brother Witness Lee was full of Christ.
And he labored his whole life that others would be full of Christ also.

KLP

Moves
22 Sep 14
8 edits

This is a product that person is unable to review the case or technically as unbrean mind.

Bias, unfair minded

That you think Witness Lee was a Chinese man who doesn't understand or speak English well. But. because the pride has usurped you, you are unable to do things to retract. People posted their testimonies against the local churches and I find that most who leave the church do not do so for doctrinal reasons, but for personal reasons, ego, personal ministry, disagreements, sin, etc., but subsequently defend their leaving for doctrinal reasons, justifying their own actions that way by demonizing the church! People I know are making lies becoming false accuser of the brethren.

And your plucking quotations from the ministry of Witness Lee concerning the Triune God to point that he teaches that God IS only one person. (sigh) How many times we try to clarify and meaning with those context? It seems you haven't read those recommendations I offer to you.

Your education has filled you to the brim.

Many students of the Bible err because they have confidence in their own mental capacities to understand the divine revelation. As Watchman Nee wrote in 1927:

In Philippians 3:3 the apostle mentioned "confidence in the flesh." "Confidence" in the original text is "belief." He said that he himself did not "believe in the flesh." The greatest work of the flesh is self-confidence! Since one thinks he is able, he does not need to trust in the Holy Spirit. Christ crucified is the wisdom of God, but a believer trusts in his own wisdom. He can read the Bible, preach the Bible, hear the Word, and believe in the Word; however, all of these are done through the power of his own mind, and he does not think that he absolutely must ask for the Holy Spirit to teach him. Many people believe they have received all the truth, even though what they have is something which they have received from others and from their own searching and what they have is more of man than of God! Furthermore, they do not have a teachable heart that is willing to wait on God and to let Him reveal His truth in His light.

Pride in our education or abilities is a major obstacle to receiving the revelation contained in the Word of God. What is needed is a proper humility, as Witness Lee explains:

Being proud of your education will hinder you from knowing the Scriptures. No matter how educated you are, you must humbly tell the Lord that you are a teachable little child and that in your whole being you are utterly empty. You should be able to say, "Lord, although I have three Ph.D.’s, I know nothing. I am not filled up by my education. I am empty in my spirit, in my mind, and in my whole being." Many highly educated professional people are filled to the brim. For this reason, even after they are saved, they are unable to receive anything from the Word. Their pride has usurped them.

As the Lord’s children we should all learn to look to the Lord for His grace to be preserved in simplicity and purity toward Christ (2 Cor. 11:3) so that we may receive all that He speaks in His holy Word, unfiltered by preconceived theological or philosophical constructs.

You keep saying blah blah blah and so forth

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 14

I know that you have contempt for this servant of God.

But Brother Witness Lee was full of Christ.
And he labored his whole life that others would be full of Christ also.
I have comtempt for his false and heretical teachings as I have pointed out to you already. Therefore, I do not trust any of his teachings and I advise you to do likewise.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
This is a product that person is unable to review the case or technically as unbrean mind.

Bias, unfair minded

That you think Witness Lee was a Chinese man who doesn't understand or speak English well. But. because the pride has usurped you, you are unable to do things to retract. People posted their testimonies against the local churches and ...[text shortened]... onceived theological or philosophical constructs.

None of this applies to me.

P

Moves
23 Sep 14

In this thread I will first demonstrate that there is a [b]principle of an antichrist teaching that even some Christians work by.

From examining how the apostle John spoke of many antichrists coming into the world, I will show that this does not only mean those who deny Christ. There is at work among some Christians, that though they are saved, the ...[text shortened]... ntichrist. That is to try to rob Christ of something of what the Bible teaches Christ IS.[/b]
There are many people who allow the devils influence into their thinking, I. e. Peter with Jesus. Jesus states, "get behind me Satan."

Yet Peter was no anti-Christ.

An anti-Christ can be more than just the concept of a person, it can be an idea which comes to fruition. It becomes a sea change, large enough to affect many people. The DeVinci movie, Jesus and Mary Mag. have a child, etc. Ideas such as this become an apposticy.

But it is safe to say, there will be a specific man who will deceive many and claim to be God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Sep 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
There are many people who allow the devils influence into their thinking, I. e. Peter with Jesus. Jesus states, "get behind me Satan."

Yet Peter was no anti-Christ.

An anti-Christ can be more than just the concept of a person, it can be an idea which comes to fruition. It becomes a sea change, large enough to affect many people. The DeVinci movie, Je ...[text shortened]...
But it is safe to say, there will be a specific man who will deceive many and claim to be God.
I say it is the cult members who have allowed the devils influence into their thinking. I am not a cult member.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Sep 14

I am not a cult ...
Yes you are.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
23 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan

Bias, unfair minded

That you think Witness Lee was a Chinese man who doesn't understand or speak English well. But. because the pride has usurped you, you are unable to do things to retract. People posted their testimonies against the local churches and ...[text shortened]... onceived theological or philosophical constructs.

People posted their testimonies against the local churches and I find that most who leave the church do not do so for doctrinal reasons, but for personal reasons, ego, personal ministry, disagreements, sin, etc., but subsequently defend their leaving for doctrinal reasons, justifying their own actions that way by demonizing the church! People I know are making lies becoming false accuser of the brethren.
I agree that people have been known to give rationalizations for their decisions. However, I'm think it is worth being wary of the notion that those who defend their reasons for leaving your church on doctrinal reasons have not done so for the reasons they stated.