robbie carrobie

robbie carrobie

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
What issue of "etiquette" do you think there is with asking "awkward questions" on a debate/discussion forum? Why would you seek to "reproach" someone for asking "awkward questions"?
I am simply saying that you are not above reproach, no one is.

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
god?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
god?
I dont think he frequents the forums.

F

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Why would there be any "reproach" for asking "awkward questions"? You're not making any sense. This is a debate/discussion forum.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Why would there be any "reproach" for asking "awkward questions"? You're not making any sense. This is a debate/discussion forum.
My statement was not made on the basis of whether asking awkward questions is ethical, its a simple statement of fact, you are not above reproach.

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

My statement was not made on the basis of whether asking awkward questions is ethical, its a simple statement of fact, you are not above reproach.
Reproach for what then? Your question specifically mentioned "awkward questions" and now you are saying you weren't referring to "awkward questions"?

Here's what you asked me: "Do you ask people awkward questions face to face or is it within the relative safety behind a PC on the internet that you feel emboldened or that usual social etiquette does not really apply?"

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Reproach for what then? Your question specifically mentioned "awkward questions" and now you are saying you weren't referring to "awkward questions"?

Here's what you asked me: [b]"Do you ask people awkward questions face to face or is it within the relative safety behind a PC on the internet that you feel emboldened or that usual social etiquette does not really apply?"
[/b]
are you above reproach?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

hardly, even the Christ himself was mocked and he used some quite strong terms, 'off spring of viper', etc etc
So what do you put the cause for the personal abuse directed at you down to? If it's not your rude, abrasive, name calling posting style. What would it be?

F

Moves
21 Apr 13

are you above reproach?
Reproach for what?

If you mean would I be above reproach if I breached standards of etiquette, if I was was rude and abrasive, and called people names in the ways you admit to doing, then no, of course not.

There, I've answered you. So now, what issue of "etiquette" do you think there is with asking "awkward questions" on a debate/discussion forum?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So what do you put the cause for the personal abuse directed at you down to? If it's not your rude, abrasive, name calling posting style. What would it be?
hard to say, why was the Christ himself mocked?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Reproach for what?

If you mean would I be above reproach if I breached standards of etiquette, if I was was rude and abrasive, and called people names in the ways you admit to doing, then no, of course not.

There, I've answered you. So now, what issue of "etiquette" do you think there is with asking "awkward questions" on a debate/discussion forum?
My statement was not made on the basis of whether asking awkward questions is ethical, I merely wanted to point out that you are not above reproach, it has nothing to do with asking awkward questions which may be ethical or unethical. Why you should have some trouble with the idea, i cannot say.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Apr 13

hard to say, why was the Christ himself mocked?
What's Christ got to do with anything? We're talking about you, here on RHP Rob, not some Jewish guy who lived 2000 years ago.

Have a stab, why are personal insults directed your way if it's not due to your rude, abrasive and name calling posts?

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13

What's Christ got to do with anything? We're talking about you, here on RHP Rob, not some Jewish guy who lived 2000 years ago.

Have a stab, why are personal insults directed your way if it's not due to your rude, abrasive and name calling posts?
I really cannot say what motivates other people, sorry.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

I really cannot say what motivates other people, sorry.
As someone who has fired personal insults your way, albeit a long time ago before I really realised you couldn't help yourself, I'll tell you why i did it. It was because you were rude and abrasive.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 13
1 edit

As someone who has fired personal insults your way, albeit a long time ago before I really realised you couldn't help yourself, I'll tell you why i did it. It was because you were rude and abrasive.
Sure it happens, i wont hold it against you nor cast it up from the past, i never hold grudges for very long and realise that we are imperfect and make mistakes. You make it sound as if I am the only person who can be rude and abrasive. Have you visited clans lately?