1. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 02:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    When we see a warning about some danger near us we typically pay
    attention, and we are warned within scripture in several places that we
    need to be very careful not to fall away. One of the first scriptures God
    ever used on me was to parable about the seeds and the sower, the seeds
    that fell on the rocks were like those that received the Word with joy, ...[text shortened]... be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
    I see you are changing your longheld views so I will help you out. :

1. ... if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38 KJV)

2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Pet 2:20-21)

3. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)

4. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, (Hebrews 10:26 KJV)

5. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 02:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I see you are changing your longheld views so I will help you out. :

1. ... if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38 KJV)

2. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse ...[text shortened]... ucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)
    I'm not changing my views, not sure why you think that.
    Kelly
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 02:29
    I'm not changing my views, not sure why you think that.
    Kelly
    Just a wild guess. So why is Divegeester surprised at your views? Maybe you have not expressed them until now maybe?

I have been saying these points for years and you never as far as I can remember, been on the same side as me.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 02:49
    Just a wild guess. So why is Divegeester surprised at your views? Maybe you have not expressed them until now maybe?

I have been saying these points for years and you never as far as I can remember, been on the same side as me.
    I have no idea why Divegeester thinks anything, you'd be better off asking
    Divegeester. My views have been consistent since I've been here which is
    about 10 years now, if you can find me saying anything that goes against
    that I'd be impressed.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 22:46
    as regards salvation vs. works, Acts 4:12 says, speaking of Jesus, "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there I no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." John 3;16 says in essence, if we put faith in him (Jesus) we can have everlasting life. But, James 2:26 says, "..faith without works is dead." So, we need both. The good works do not earn anything but are an expression of our faith in Jesus' as our way to salvation.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 23:03
    Originally posted by roigam
    as regards salvation vs. works, Acts 4:12 says, speaking of Jesus, "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there I no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." John 3;16 says in essence, if we put faith in him (Jesus) we can have everlasting life. But, James 2:26 says, "..faith without works is dead." S ...[text shortened]... works do not earn anything but are an expression of our faith in Jesus' as our way to salvation.
    I agree, with the Spirit of God within us, the good works will follow as a
    byproduct not as a means too salvation.
    Kelly
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 23:18
    Originally posted by roigam
    as regards salvation vs. works, Acts 4:12 says, speaking of Jesus, "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there I no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." John 3;16 says in essence, if we put faith in him (Jesus) we can have everlasting life. But, James 2:26 says, "..faith without works is dead." S ...[text shortened]... works do not earn anything but are an expression of our faith in Jesus' as our way to salvation.
    What did Christ say about eternal life and how to get it?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 01:45
    What did Christ say about eternal life and how to get it?
    Jesus is the way to the father is what he said. You do good works and keep His commands after your saved.

You were saved before the foundations of the world Revelation 13:8
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 10:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Jesus is the way to the father is what he said. You do good works and keep His commands after your saved.

You were saved before the foundations of the world Revelation 13:8
    Im hesistant to ask you anything becuase you very rarely produce references to support what you say. Anyway do you have a reference for this statement you made:

...You do good works and keep His commands after your saved.

Also Jesus is the way to the Father is absolutely correct but maybe not the way you think. Here is what Christ says:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
    (John 14:6-21 KJV)

Here is how it works. Those who love Christ, will keep Christ's commandments and then in turn God will love those who keep Christ commandments.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 14:45
    Im hesistant to ask you anything becuase you very rarely produce references to support what you say. Anyway do you have a reference for this statement you made:

...You do good works and keep His commands after your saved.

Also Jesus is the way to the Father is absolutely correct but maybe not the way you think. Here is what Christ says:

[b]J ...[text shortened]... ll keep Christ's commandments and then in turn God will love those who keep Christ commandments.
    Except you reject the idea that those that love Christ are the only ones that
    are saved, so why are you being deceptive here?
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 16:08
    Except you reject the idea that those that love Christ are the only ones that
    are saved, so why are you being deceptive here?
    Kelly
    Yes, those who love Christ, it is they that follow His commandments and they are given eternal life when Christ returns. Maybe you are mistaken about who are those who love Christ? Maybe you believe that Christians are the ones that love Christ.

The Bible says those who love Christ are those who follow him, that is follow his commandments, those who are his sheep, those who are his friends, those who pick up and help Christ when he is poor, destitute, thirsty, naked etc.

It is that select group of PEOPLE [not necessarily Christians] that Christ will welcome into his fathers Kingdom. Here read it:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 14:23 If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Matthew 25:34-36 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

What is difficult about that? Maybe you are too indoctrinated into a particular mindset and cannot seem to understand.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 16:11
    Yes, those who love Christ, it is they that follow His commandments and they are given eternal life when Christ returns. Maybe you are mistaken about who are those who love Christ? Maybe you believe that Christians are the ones that love Christ.

The Bible says those who love Christ are those who follow him, that is follow his commandments, those who ar ...[text shortened]... that? Maybe you are too indoctrinated into a particular mindset and cannot seem to understand.
    I have never heard of anyone doing "good works" or "Christ's commandments" who is not a Christian. Who are you talking about?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 16:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have never heard of anyone doing "good works" or "Christ's commandments" who is not a Christian. Who are you talking about?
    Boy what a statement! When I repeat what you people say later on you deny a Christian said it.

ONLY CHRISTIANS CAN DO GOOD WORKS OR FOLLOW CHRIST COMMANDMENTS .

Very nice indeed.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 17:06

The Bible says those who love Christ are those who follow him, that is follow his commandments, those who ar ...[text shortened]... that? Maybe you are too indoctrinated into a particular mindset and cannot seem to understand.
    Christ gives His Spirit to those that belong to Him, yet you disagree, you
    claim that you don't need Christ in your life, you claim doing good works
    sets you up to be good with God, even in the face of scriptures that says
    that if you don't have God's Spirit you cannot please Him you instead or
    at odds with God. You by your words would lead people away from Jesus
    Christ, you should know that if you cause a little one to stumble it would
    have been better for you to have a mill stone around you neck and thrown
    into the ocean.
    Kelly
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 18:562 edits
    uote]Originally posted by Rajk999
    If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

How long will the Holy Spirit be given to the disciples of Jesus ?
    Is this temporarily or "for ever" ?

Does He mean He will loan the Holy Spirit to the disciples on a worthiness basis and take the Holy Spirit away once it is demonstrated that they will not keep Christ's commandments ?

Why didn't Jesus say He will give them another Comforter, that he may abide with you conditionally - if and only if you intend to keep His commandments, otherwise His abiding with you will be temporary ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree