1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:431 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    There has been several posters over the years who have compared themselves to Jesus when under fire for poor behavour in the forums.
    I’m not comparing myself to Jesus, nor would I ever do such a stupid thing. I’m simply saying that the Pharisees (Christ deniers) also claimed Jesus Christ had a demon, which says everything about them and nothing about Him.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:44
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Of course, and pretty soon you will be graduating to sonship's level and claiming to be moving to deification ... whatever that is.
    Psalm 1

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers...
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:45
    Do you feel that ‘Jesus flows out of you’?
    I wouldn’t use that terminology and don’t know where it comes from.

I’m a sinner and work in progress - just like every other honest Christian.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I’m not comparing myself to Jesus, nor would I ever do such a stupid thing. I’m simply saying that the Pharisees (Christ deniers) also claimed Jesus Christ had a demon, which says everything about them and nothing about Him.
    Yes you were comparing the criticism you draw in here for being a bit of a tosser, to the criticism Jesus drew for being the son of god.

Several other posters including most of the Jehovah’s Witnesses have done this.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:49
    I wouldn’t use that terminology and don’t know where it comes from.

I’m a sinner and work in progress - just like every other honest Christian.
    It’s what @sonship was recently preaching.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:50
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Psalm 1

Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
    or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers...
    Are you, Fetchmybecker, using biblical scripture to reprimand a fellow Christian?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:50
    Yes you were comparing the criticism you draw in here for being a bit of a tosser, to the criticism Jesus drew for being the son of god.

Several other posters including most of the Jehovah’s Witnesses have done this.
    Wrong. I was pointing out the fallibility and lack of judgment/discernment of Christ deniers, of which there are many in this forum.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:511 edit
    Wrong. I was pointing out the fallibility and lack of judgment/discernment of Christ deniers, of which there are many in this forum.
    So there is no comparison at all between the flack Jesus drew and the flack you draw?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:52
    It’s what @sonship was recently preaching.
    I don’t read all of his posts but I very much like and appreciate the ones that I have read.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:53
    So there is no comparison at all between the flack Jesus drew and the flack you draw?
    The comparison is between the Pharisees in Biblical times and the modern-day Pharisees and Christ deniers. They were stupid then, and they’re stupid now.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:55
    The comparison is between the Pharisees in Biblical times and the modern-day Pharisees and Christ deniers. They were stupid then, and they’re stupid now.
    Stupid is the wrong word. Ignorant is a better word.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:56
    They were Jews and they were defending Jewish theology. Are all people who defend Jewish theology "stupid"?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 07:58
    So when you posted this;

The Pharisees claimed Jesus Christ had a demon as well.
    Given how many atheists, modern-day Pharisees and Christ deniers are in this forum, I consider this thread to be high praise indeed.
    Thank you!

Why did you consider it “high praise indeed”?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    They were Jews and they were defending Jewish theology. Are all people who defend Jewish theology "stupid"?
    Jesus Christ was a Jew and His coming was written about quite a bit in the Old Testament.

But the Pharisees missed who He was and even denied who He was after He performed numerous miracles, including raising at least three people from the dead.

I don’t think they were defending Jewish theology as much as they were defending their social standing. Even Pilate recognized that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:00
    I don’t read all of his posts but I very much like and appreciate the ones that I have read.
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/did-the-holy-word-of-god.173342/page-2

Seventh post. He’s talked about a lot about Jesus flowing out of people and by inference that Jesus flows out of him. I’m asking you if you think Jesus flows out of you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree