1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:03
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    So when you posted this;

The Pharisees claimed Jesus Christ had a demon as well.
    Given how many atheists, modern-day Pharisees and Christ deniers are in this forum, I consider this thread to be high praise indeed.
    Thank you!

Why did you consider it “high praise indeed”?
    I was tweaking the atheists and modern-day Pharisees for inadvertently putting me in the company of Jesus Christ.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:04
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Jesus Christ was a Jew and His coming was written about quite a bit in the Old Testament.

But the Pharisees missed who He was and even denied who He was after He performed numerous miracles, including raising at least three people from the dead.

I don’t think they were defending Jewish theology as much as they were defending their social standing. Even Pilate recognized that.
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays are "stupid"?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:05
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/did-the-holy-word-of-god.173342/page-2

Seventh post. He’s talked about a lot about Jesus flowing out of people and by inference that Jesus flows out of him. I’m asking you if you think Jesus flows out of you?
    I already answered that. I said I wouldn’t use that terminology. But sonship may be further along in his walk with Christ and sanctification than I am. Though I’ve always believed in God, I’ve only been a Christian about four years.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:06
    I was tweaking the atheists and modern-day Pharisees for inadvertently putting me in the company of Jesus Christ.
    No, that’s not what you said. What you said was that you considered it “high praise indeed”.

How do you consider yourself to be being “highly praised”?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:10
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays are "stupid"?
    I already said “stupid” was the wrong word and that “ignorant” was a better word.

In answer to your question, I guess it depends on how they do it. Jesus had reverence for the Old Testament and there is a great deal of truth and beauty in the Old Testament.

Your description of what the Biblical Pharisees were doing is, in my estimation, off the mark because the Scriptures they were purportedly defending spoke of Jesus Christ. They didn’t see Him for Who He was because, I believe, they were too afraid of losing their authority and social standing and status.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:11
    No, that’s not what you said. What you said was that you considered it “high praise indeed”.

How do you consider yourself to be being “highly praised”?
    I already answered that, tiger. Because they inadvertently put me in the company of Jesus Christ.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:121 edit
    I already answered that, tiger. Because they inadvertently put me in the company of Jesus Christ.
    So you did in fact consider yourself as being compared to Christ. So much so that you thanked to the person for the “high praise”.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:12
    Your description of what the Biblical Pharisees were doing is, in my estimation, off the mark because the Scriptures they were purportedly defending spoke of Jesus Christ. They didn’t see Him for Who He was because, I believe, they were too afraid of losing their authority and social standing and status.
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays are "too afraid of losing their authority and social standing and status"?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:14
    So you did in fact consider yourself as being compared to Christ.
    No, I inadvertently placed in His company by people who were too uninformed to realize they were doing it.

Being placed in someone’s company is not the same as being compared to them, tiger.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:16
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays are "too afraid of losing their authority and social standing and status"?
    I don’t personally know anyone who defends Jewish theology so I couldn’t say. Probably some are and some aren’t. I don’t think it’s an all or nothing proposition.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:16
    In answer to your question, I guess it depends on how they do it. Jesus had reverence for the Old Testament and there is a great deal of truth and beauty in the Old Testament.
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays [and are therefore practising Jews] are "ignorant"? And if your answer needs to use the word "depends" again, then perhaps give an example of how a current day Jew might be "ignorant" about their religion, and give an example of how a current day Jew might be not "ignorant about their religion.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:172 edits
    No, I inadvertently placed in His company by people who were too uninformed to realize they were doing it.
    So why did you accept their inadvertently placing you in Jesus company as “high praise”?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:19
    Do you believe people who defend Jewish theology nowadays [and are therefore practising Jews] are "ignorant"? And if your answer needs to use the word "depends" again, then perhaps give an example of how a current day Jew might be "ignorant" about their religion, and give an example of how a current day Jew might be not "ignorant about their religion.
    Jews who deny Jesus Christ is the Messiah written about in the Old Testament are, in my opinion, willfully ignorant.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:20
    If you were aware that their placing of you in Jesus company was done inadvertently, then why did you accept it as “high praise”?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 08:21
    So why did you accept their inadvertently placing you in Jesus company as “high praise”?
    Being in the same company as Jesus, whatever the reason, is an honor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree