1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 09:51
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It doesn't surprise me that you consider my noticing you comparing, or at least you enjoying yourself being compared to Christ as "nitpicking"; nor does it surprise me that as soon as you felt the pressure you started referring to me as "tiger" again. You remind me a lot of the poster @robbie-carrobie who also used to enjoy comparing himself to Jesus wh ...[text shortened]... the curtain" with which you hope to veil your rather tawdry and notably un-Christ like persona.
    Did this robbie fellow also call you “tiger?” What were his names for you?

I only resort to calling you “tiger,” “kiddo,” “champ,” “amigo” and similar pet names when I’m annoyed at your hamhanded attempts to “win” an argument you’re obviously losing. It’s like blundering away your queen after you blundered away a rook and continuing to press on instead of resigning. If we were playing a chess game and that happened, I’d probably say, “Come on, tiger. Turn over your king. Enough already.” You’re misreading annoyance at your futile fumbling for feeling pressure. In addition to annoyance, I suppose it’s also an attempt to alleviate boredom by entertaining myself.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 09:521 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Did this robbie fellow also call you “tiger?” What were his names for you?

I only resort to calling you “tiger,” “kiddo,” “champ,” “amigo” and similar pet names when I’m annoyed at your hamhanded attempts to “win” an argument you’re obviously losing. It’s like blundering away your queen after you blundered away a rook and continuing to press on instea ...[text shortened]... dition to annoyance, I suppose it’s also an attempt to alleviate boredom by entertaining myself.
    It's interesting that you chose to comprehensively chomp on this little piece of bait, rather than address the main parts of the post.

Or even the subsequent posts.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 09:57
    [b]You obviously can think I was comparing myself to Jesus if you want. As I said, you’re wrong, but it’s not the first time and won’t be the last.
    I'm not wrong; it's there in 'black and white' for anyone to read. You are not the first to do this in here and I'm sure you won't be the last.

I’ve said several times on here, including tonight, ...[text shortened]... ians should expect that. I didn’t say that; they did.
    Thank you for demonstrating my point.[/b]
    Believe whatever you want to believe. How you square my saying tonight and previously that I’m a sinner and work in progress with comparing myself to Jesus, who was neither a sinner nor a work in progress, is beyond me.

And are you claiming it’s “scrutiny and a challenge” for someone to start a thread saying I have a demon inside of me that needs to be sucked out? And I hardly consider such a thread “suffering,” especially when it was so easily parried.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 09:58
    It's interesting that you chose to comprehensively chomp on this little piece of bait, rather than address the main parts of the post.

I pick the low-hanging fruit first, tiger.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 10:00

“Main parts of the post?” Your comparing me to this robbie fellow seemed to be the main part of the post. The rest of it was just unsupportable wise guy-isms.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 10:16
    Believe whatever you want to believe.
    You are what you post Romans1009
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 10:19
    How you square my saying tonight and previously that I’m a sinner and work in progress with comparing myself to Jesus, who was neither a sinner nor a work in progress, is beyond me.
    Yes I am aware of how you tried to recover from your self acknowledgment of being "highly praised" for being like Jesus, with this subsequent default text-book counter.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 10:20
    Your comparing me to this robbie fellow seemed to be the main part of the post.
    Yes you are very like him at times; you should read some of his posts to get some more ideas.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 10:59
    Being in the same company as Jesus, whatever the reason, is an honor.
    Botom of pg 3.

Sheesh, hold your ground. You dont need anyone elses approval...
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 11:01
    You are repeatedly up all night 'tail-spin posting'™ Romans1009.
    Its alright . He 's allowed to stay up all night.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 11:05
    C'mon bro, dont take it to heart , thats how they suk u in

Go and do what u love bro . Everyone has a path
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 11:15
    I disagree that I’m trash talking. When I used the word “stupid,” I recognized it was inappropriate and harsh, which is why I switched to “ignorant.”

And for Jews to deny Jesus Christ is the Messiah when they’re not even aware Isaiah 53 is not in the New Testament is willful ignorance. There’s nothing preventing them from reading the Old Testament and researching the Messianic prophecies and other evidence for Christ’s Resurrection.
    Calling Jews "willfully ignorant" for being Jews and not Christians is born-again chest-beating trash-talking-to-choir and absolutely nothing else.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 11:214 edits
    I think you’re referring to sanctification, which is an ongoing process, after one accepts Christ into his or heart, in which God’s Holy Spirit works to make the believer more Christ like. The process continues until the believer leaves his or her mortal body to be with God.
    This is another "troll central" thread. But glancing over it for some worthwhile comment I recommend yours, to a good degree.

Deification is synonymous with Sanctification.
    I think that part was very good.

I would not say the Christians LEAVE their body to be with God. No.

1.) The mortal puts ON immortality.

"Behold, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed.

In a moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed.

For this corruptible must PUT ON incorruption,
    and this mortal must PUT ON immortality. " (1 Cor. 15:51-53 my bolding)

2.) This is not a leaving or putting off but a being CLOTHED upon to match the inward saturation of God's divine life in us.
    "For also in this we groan, longing to be CLOTHED upon with our dwelling place from heaven. (v.2)

If indeed being CLOTHED, we will not be found naked. (v.3)

For also, we who are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened, in that we do not desire to be unclothed, but clothed upon ..." (v.4) (2 Cor. 5:2-4a)

3.) Divine life not only spread from within but also SWALLOWS up from without.
    " ... that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life." (2 Cor. 5:4b)

4.) This transfiguration is also called "the redemption of our body" - sonship.
    " And not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan in ourselves,

eagerly awaiting sonship, the redemption of our body." (Romans 8:23)

5.) Christ makes our body like unto His glorious body.
    "For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able even to subject all things to Himself." (Phil. 3:20,21)

This is spreading from within and a swallowing from without the divine life and nature of God to make us also sons of God.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 11:32
    Are you, Fetchmybecker, using biblical scripture to reprimand a fellow Christian?
    Whosoever feels that the shoe fits can wear it.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 12:081 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Whosoever feels that the shoe fits can wear it.
    I was simply expressing my astonishment at you of all having the cheek to throw biblical scripture at other people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree