1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 11:222 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And I am not disputing that. What I am disputing is the apparent claim that you are not guilty of also having extravagant goods. I am fairly sure that you do, and that you are being a hypocrite when you criticize him. Also, I do not buy the excuse that if you live in an extravagant society then it is OK to have extravagant goods. I believe that despite sonhouses denials, owning a car could be considered extravagance.
    I don't own a watch that is worth 1.5x the national salary of the country i live in, in fact i don't own anything that remotely comes anywhere near to 1.5x the national average of my country.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 12:09
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I don't own a watch that is worth 1.5x the national salary of the country i live in, in fact i don't own anything that remotely comes anywhere near to 1.5x the national average of my country.
    Too bad.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 12:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Too bad.
    Why do you feel that is 'too bad'?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 12:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I see. Anyone who has more than the poor starving Africans, and who criticizes the wearing of the $30,000 Rolex is a hypocrite.

You are a smart guy.
    I believe you left something out there. But I will leave it up to twhitehead to
    correct your statement if he thinks it is worth the effort.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 12:361 edit
    When reading the scriptures, one thing is painfully obvious. Jesus only attacked the religious leaders who only "claimed" to represent him. They did so in word only.

Of course, that is not to say that all religious leaders do this. Then again, it would also stand to reason that it continues today.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 13:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I see. Anyone who has more than the poor starving Africans, and who criticizes the wearing of the $30,000 Rolex is a hypocrite.
    Yes. Do you have a counter argument, or do you admit that it is true?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 13:44
    So you are not as extravagant relative to your society? Is that your point? Do you at least admit that you are extravagant? Or are you, like nearly everyone else on this thread, trying to give excuses for your own behavior whilst criticizing that of others?
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 17:332 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are not as extravagant relative to your society? Is that your point? Do you at least admit that you are extravagant? Or are you, like nearly everyone else on this thread, trying to give excuses for your own behavior whilst criticizing that of others?
    So you are not as extravagant relative to your society?

I'm not extravagant in the slightest.

Is that your point?

Nope.

Do you at least admit that you are extravagant

See response to question one.

Or are you, like nearly everyone else on this thread, trying to give excuses for your own behavior whilst criticizing that of others?

What are you wittering on about?! Excuses for my own behaviour?! I'm criticising a member of the Church owning a $30,000 watch. That is was this thread is about, you seem to have gone off on a bizarre tangent.

Now, do you think this Russian clergyman wearing a $30,000 watch is extravagant? Do you think it contradicts the teachings of Jesus?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 17:44
    Too bad.
    Why is it too bad Ron?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:001 edit
    Why is it too bad Ron?
    You give the impression that you do not own anything of much value, so I was
    just expressing feeling of sadness for your poverty. 🙁
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:061 edit
    You give the impression that you do not own anything of much value, so I was
    just expressing feeling of sadness for your poverty. 🙁
    'A rich man may be wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has discernment sees through him.'

Poverty???????? I live in the UK, not Somalia. You really don't have a clue do you?!
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:20
    Other people refer to it as my smug face. So I will refer to it as your arrogant
    face. How is that? Anyway, if it is such common knowledge then why do they
    keep racking in the dough? With that arrogant face of yours, you must have
    some extra knowleged that those people that keep giving and giving are lacking.
    Come on, at least give my smug face a little clue.
    So you are seriously saying/thinking that every time you display your "smug" face it is a reward for you posting 'extra Knowledge' you are priceless.😏

As for your question "why do they keep racking in the dough" the reason is that a lot of people are still taken in by organised religion and presume the best of it's leaders. The fact that the scum who run these scams take advantage of these people is why most people are so disgusted at the display made by the patriarch of his ill gotten gains, and you should hang your head in shame rather than display your smug face.😠
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:37
    'A rich man may be wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has discernment sees through him.'

Poverty???????? I live in the UK, not Somalia. You really don't have a clue do you?!
    Not really.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:41
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    So you are seriously saying/thinking that every time you display your "smug" face it is a reward for you posting 'extra Knowledge' you are priceless.😏

As for your question "why do they keep racking in the dough" the reason is that a lot of people are still taken in by organised religion and presume the best of it's leaders. The fact that the scum who ru ...[text shortened]... otten gains, and you should hang your head in shame rather than display your smug face.😠
    Well, I am really not bothered by him wearing a $30,000 watch, ring, or other
    gifts these dummys want to give him. I don't consider it any of my business.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 18:51
    Well, I am really not bothered by him wearing a $30,000 watch, ring, or other
    gifts these dummys want to give him. I don't consider it any of my business.
    That dummies want to give him. Hmm, lets see, someone gives the orthodox pope or whatever you want to call him, gives him a watch worth 30,000 bucks, and he doesn't expect some favors in return? You are naive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree