1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    20 Dec '11 06:44
    Is anyone here a member of or subscribe to this denomination/teaching? In particular RJHinds?

    http://www.sacrednamemovement.com/

    It seems to be a split from the Seventh Day Adventists, with a central consuming purpose of understanding the written name of God/Jesus.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    20 Dec '11 15:453 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is anyone here a member of or subscribe to this denomination/teaching? In particular RJHinds?

    http://www.sacrednamemovement.com/

    It seems to be a split from the Seventh Day Adventists, with a central consuming purpose of understanding the written name of God/Jesus.
    The writer of this article states that original Hebrew manuscripts and
    carvings write the name of God as "hwhy" instead of "YHWH" implying
    that something is wrong with the way the English represents the Hebrew.
    He neglects to point out that the original Hebrew was written from right
    to left like the Japanese language.

    I have never heard anyone teach that unless one uses the Hebrew name and
    only the Hebrew name for God, he or she will be eternally damned. It is
    clear to me the name God gave to Moses was shortened by God to Yah. And
    this is pronunced like the German "yes" (ya). This is demonstrated by
    the praise to the Lord "halleluYah" or "hallelujah" where the "j" is
    pronounced like the soft "y" or "i" and not like the hard "j" as in John.

    The long form "YHWH" is still up for debate because of the possibility of
    a vowel sound between the "H" and "W" and some believe the "W" sounds like
    the English "V". This is a more descriptive form of the name anyway. I
    think it may be something like my name being "Ronald" but I am called
    "Ron" and I am not offended by this because I also call myself "Ron".

    It is certain that Jesus is not the name given to Him by His parents.
    It is derived from the Greek representation of His name, which is also
    the Greek representation of the Old Testament man we call Joshua. So
    I have come to the conclusion that His name should be pronounced like we
    would pronounce "Yahshua". Both Joshua and Jesus are defined in Bible
    dictionaries as meaning "the Lord saves", "God saves", "the Salvation
    of the Lord" or something like this. Yah is the name of God or the Lord.

    It is true that the groups in the Sacred Name movement are something like
    the Jehovah's Witnesses in wanting to use the correct name for God. And
    they make certain errors, but this appears to be the case in every one
    of the Christian denominations that I have ever come in contact with.
    It is clear that "Jehovah" is not the correct pronounciation of the name
    of God and should be more like "Yahweh, Yahveh, Yahoweh, or Yahoveh".
    But we can be sure "Yah" is correct for the short form.

    I am not a part of any of these Sacred Name denominations because they
    also have truth mixed with error.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:07
    Christians here in Indonesia use the names "Tuhan", "Allah" and "Yaweh". There are over 250 other languages spoken here - other than Bahasa Indonesia - which have other words for "God" [Javanese, spoken by more than 110 million people, uses the word "Gusti"] although in many of those languages they use the Bahasa words too, with "Tuhan" and "Allah" being the most common.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    20 Dec '11 16:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Christians here in Indonesia use the names "Tuhan", "Allah" and "Yaweh". There are over 250 other languages spoken here - other than Bahasa Indonesia - which have other words for "God" [Javanese, spoken by more than 110 million people, uses the word "Gusti"] although in many of those languages they use the Bahasa words too, with "Tuhan" and "Allah" being the most common.
    Isn't Allah used at all mainly because the majority of Indonesians are Muslims?
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Isn't Allah used at all mainly because the majority of Indonesians are Muslims?
    No. It's the word used by Christians. It means [the one and only] "God".
  6. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Joined
    02 Oct '03
    Moves
    112520
    20 Dec '11 16:21
    Muslims and Christians believe in the same God.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Muslims and Christians believe in the same God.
    My take on it [living in a Muslim majority and relatively successful multi-faith country] is that only extremist Muslims and extremist Christians believe that they don't.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    20 Dec '11 16:24
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Muslims and Christians believe in the same God.
    Almost, Muslims worship His evil twin. 😕
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:25
    Exhibit A.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    20 Dec '11 16:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    My take on it [living in a Muslim majority and relatively successful multi-faith country] is that only extremist Muslims and extremist Christians believe that they don't.
    Absolutes are absolutely wrong positively.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:26
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Absolutes are absolutely wrong positively.
    😴
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    20 Dec '11 16:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Exhibit A.
    Don't push my buttons oh great one. 😞
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    20 Dec '11 16:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    😴
    Ok, it's your choice.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    20 Dec '11 16:30
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Ok, it's your choice.
    "Evil" and "Muslim" in the same sentence, yet again. We had Dasa on here 24 hours ago proposing systematic genocide against Muslims.
  15. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Joined
    02 Oct '03
    Moves
    112520
    20 Dec '11 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Evil" and "Muslim" in the same sentence, yet again. We had Dasa on here 24 hours ago proposing systematic genocide against Muslims.
    Did he get a forum ban for that one? The thread got shut down after I told him to go choke on a carrot stick. I bet Dasa is just some big, hairy, meat-eating trucker who just likes to get a rise out of people.
Back to Top