1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ok so you asked this:

[b]A person can be filled with the spirit of God, they can be performing miracles, prophesying, and demonstrating the gifts of the spirit, but according to you they do not have eternal life, are not saved and are not spiritually regenerated. Is that correct?

Christians are saved - Yes
    Have eternal life - No [being saved by ...[text shortened]... will of God, then the Christian gets eternal life]
    Regenerated - No
    Spiritually reborn - Yes[/b]
    No wonder you get not so many scrapes with other Christians in this forum. Please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

Being saved but not having eternal life. I.e what is one "saved" from?
    Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
    Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 13:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No wonder you get not so many scrapes with other Christians in this forum. Please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

Being saved but not having eternal life. I.e what is one "saved" from?
    Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
    Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks
    How about if I give you some passages and you read them and give me your opinion on their meaning, as fairly and honestly as you can without [if possible] allowing Christian church dogma to influence you .

1. difference, in practical terms, between:
    - Being saved but not having eternal life. I.e what is one "saved" from?

Romans Chaps 5, 6, 7, & 8 : The death and resurrection of Jesus, saved mankind from the certainty of eternal death. The wages of sin is death, not death of the body only but both body and soul. By believing in Christ and adhering to His doctrine the believer will be saved. So
    - the Christian IS SAVED IMMEDIATELY from the condemnation of sin caused by Adam.
    - the Christian that follows Christ WILL BE SAVED [ and given eternal life] from this fleshly body of sin when Christ returns.
    - the Christian is assured of this and lives in this hope of eternal life.

2. difference, in practical terms, between: Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration

Spiritual rebirth = Born or water
    Regeneration = born of the spirit [ the Bible does not use the expression spiritual regeneration]

Christ said what is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the spirit is spirit. I take that to mean there are flesh and blood beings and there are spirit beings. All humans are flesh and blood. A spirit does not have flesh and bones, Christ said.

Paul in 1 Cor 15 explains in detail that this corruptible body must put on incorruption before it can enter into the Kingdom of God, that this body must first die to be reborn into a spirit body before it can put on immortality.

I will say that again ..

DEATH OF THIS BODY FIRST
    THEN COMES ETERNAL LIFE.

I will deal with the third one later.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 15:231 edit
    How about if I give you some passages and you read them and give me your opinion on their meaning, as fairly and honestly as you can without [if possible] allowing Christian church dogma to influence you .

[b]1. difference, in practical terms, between:

Romans Chaps 5, 6, 7, ...[text shortened]...

DEATH OF THIS BODY FIRST
    THEN COMES ETERNAL LIFE.

I will deal with the third one later.[/b]
    I appreciate the scriptures but where all the arguments in this forum stem from is arguing over conflicting scripture. Can you try to answer my question as though I'm a novice enquirer asking you to explain these statements?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 15:43
    I appreciate the scriptures but where all the arguments in this forum stem from is arguing over conflicting scripture. Can you try to answer my question as though I'm a novice enquirer asking you to explain these statements?
    Im not into long-winded lectures or cut and paste. I try to be brief as possible.

Well I think you basically understand my point of view. So provide the conflicting scripture [just a couple] and we can go from there.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 16:51
    [b]1. Pastor Strips Women:
    http://news24zim.com/2015/09/05/video-pastor-strips-women-naked-in-church-so-that-god-can-see-them-clearly/

2. Pastor Sells ‘Holy Pens’ That Make Students Pass Exams Without Studying,
    http://news24zim.com/2015/10/21/pastor-sells-holy-pens-that-make-students-pass-exams-without-studying-claims-the-more-you-pay-the- ...[text shortened]... play God? Let God judge people and decide who gets eternal life and who gets eternal damnation.[/b]
    THESE people are not Christians !!! plain and simple ........many will claim the name and say Lord Lord but you know what Jesus says get away from me I do not know you

Manny
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 17:02
    Originally posted by menace71
    THESE people are not Christians !!! plain and simple ........many will claim the name and say Lord Lord but you know what Jesus says get away from me I do not know you

Manny
    What about the following people:
    Sonship
    Divegeester
    KellyJ
    Checkbaiter

Are they Christian?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:12
    Sonship
    Divegeester
    KellyJ
    Checkbaiter

Are they Christian?
    You cannot possibly know who is Christian, or true Christian or otherwise. The only thing you know is who has professed to be a Christian.

The point about this thread is that it s a foolish man that decides who is Christian and who is not Christian.

You cannot know for certain who is going to get into the Kingdom of God and who is not..

That is for Jesus to decide and to judge.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:19
    You cannot possibly know who is Christian, or true Christian or otherwise. The only thing you know is who has professed to be a Christian.

The point about this thread is that it s a foolish man that decides who is Christian and who is not Christian.

You cannot know for certain who is going to get into the Kingdom of God and who is not..

That is for Jesus to decide and to judge.
    Could you be wrong about that?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:531 edit
    Im not into long-winded lectures or cut and paste. I try to be brief as possible.

Well I think you basically understand my point of view. So provide the conflicting scripture [just a couple] and we can go from there.
    I thought as much. Your doctrinal postion simply makes no sense in terms of every day out working. All you can do is wheel out scriptures which you think support your position, which frankly, anyone can do.

My questions to you remain unanswered.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:54
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Could you be wrong about that?
    Explain why you think I could be wrong. The Bible is clear that Christ is the judge of who gets eternal life. There are Christians here that like to say who gets it and who does not, or who is true Christian and who is not.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:54
    Sonship
    Divegeester
    KellyJ
    Checkbaiter

Are they Christian?
    What about you?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:55
    I thought as much. Your doctrinal postion simply makes no sense in terms of every day out working. All you can do is wheel out scriptures which you think supports your position, which frankly, anyone can do.

My questions to you remain unanswered.
    Good luck to you pal.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:57
    What about you?
    Whether or not Im a Chrsitian is my business.
    It is your business if you are one or not. I dont ask those questions.

I challenged Manny because he think he can judge people .. he said that the pastors in the opening post are not Christians.

Only Christ knows who is and who is not.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:571 edit
    Good luck to you pal.
    Here are the questions you are avoiding:

based on what you said othe previous page; please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

- Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
    - Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 18:58
    Here are the questions you are avoiding:

based on what you said othe previous page; please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

- Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
    - Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks
    I already did.... take it or leave it.
    In fact the door is that way .. dont let it hit you on the way out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree