Saved Eternally ??

Saved Eternally ??

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
No .. the salvation is the eternal life when he returns. Now you have nothing but a promise. You have to wait until the return of Christ for eternal salvation.. But when he returns and you do get it, then you cannot lose it.

Obedience is WHAT ?? Confessing with your mouth? I know a few 3 yr olds in my village that can teach you some English Language and that is their second language.
Speaking of the English language, out of your own mouth you said promise. So now God cannot keep a promise? Do you need my grandson to tutor you in English?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I know Christians who were fervent and fell away. They have no reward but they are still saved.
BTW... I have been at this for 21 years here and 41 in my lifetime.
Is there a seniority condition I am missing here?
Well I guess we part company there, if you are going to live a life of sin without God and
think God's grace is going to be there, I think you'll see more than a few scripture that
does not agree with you.

I'm not saying that if you sin you will lose your salvation, but those walking with God in
God's Spirit if they sin can go to God if they sin for forgiveness. Those that are not walking
with God are not concern about God.

I've been saved for over 30 years, none of which is meaningful here. I was pointing out
that here for 10 years I've been very consistent on my views.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Oct 15

Speaking of the English language, out of your own mouth you said promise. So now God cannot keep a promise? Do you need my grandson to tutor you in English?
A promise of eternal life to those who obey. Yes.
The promise will be delivered at the time when Christ returns

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV)

Pauls said he will get his crown of righteousness AT HIS APPEARING.
It is laid up for the faithful.
They dont have it yet.

Have some patience .. and some faith.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Oct 15

A promise of eternal life to those who obey. Yes.
The promise will be delivered at the time when Christ returns

[i]I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them ...[text shortened]... It is laid up for the faithful.
They dont have it yet.

Have some patience .. and some faith.
Please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

Being saved but not having eternal life. I.e what is one "saved" from?
Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well I guess we part company there, if you are going to live a life of sin without God and
think God's grace is going to be there, I think you'll see more than a few scripture that
does not agree with you.

I'm not saying that if you sin you will lose your salvation, but those walking with God in
God's Spirit if they sin can go to God if they sin for f ...[text shortened]... aningful here. I was pointing out
Are you really surprised that that is their belief? They have been saying these things 10 yrs now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
does not agree with you.

God's Spirit if they sin can go to God if they sin for f ...[text shortened]... aningful here. I was pointing out
oops, I meant 11 years here....Yes you can part company all you want, but the fact remains, once a person is saved, he/she is saved....
God's grace was there when the person got born again in the first place.
There are Christians who for whatever reason, it is always a trick of Satan, fall away and out of fellowship with God, but they will not lose their salvation.
This is the promise of God and Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 15

Rajk and Kelley....Do you realize the implication of why God uses the term "adopted"?

Eph 1:5-6
having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
NKJV

If you bothered to do more than just read the bible and guess what it means, try to study the culture at the time.
According to Roman law, a biological son could be banished and disowned. But this was not true for adopted sons. The law of the time was that it was your decision to adopt and an adopted son could not be banished nor disowned. He was entitled to his inheritance no matter what.
That is why God uses the language he does in Ephesians, as "adopted sons". This implied the permanence of the binding legal agreement.
This was huge to the people at the time. It was cause for rejoicing. God's grace is so much bigger than the two of you make it to be.
You have placed God in a little box of your making, and you are both way off base!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 15

Rajk and Kelley....Do you realize the implication of why God uses the term "adopted"?

[b]Eph 1:5-6
having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
NKJV

If you bothered to do more than just ...[text shortened]... ke it to be.
You have placed God in a little box of your making, and you are both way off base![/b]
I think the little box is created by you people because you want to quote a small passage that demonstrates your doctrine and ignore the rest.

God is far greater than that. So lets read the whole book of Ephesians and get the whole story

Hows that?

Oh and because you see the word adopted, you think that God cannot unadopt an evil Christian? Why? How do you make that conclusion?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 15

oops, I meant 11 years here....Yes you can part company all you want, but the fact remains, once a person is saved, he/she is saved....
God's grace was there when the person got born again in the first place.
There are Christians who for whatever reason, it is always a trick of Satan, fall away and out of fellowship with God, but they will not lose their salvation.
This is the promise of God and Jesus Christ.
Well, fine but are you telling me that someone who lives after the flesh and not after the
Spirit is saved? Someone who rejects God, and has made a choice to be a servant to sin is
saved? We are all under grace right now even the unbelievers so that they can take their
next breath, but being saved by grace is through faith, and those that are rejecting God are
they living through faith? If you are walking with God, if you are saved by grace through
faith there is no power in heaven and earth that can change that so yes your salvation is
sure, but I don't believe you can be completely given to sin and reject God and still be
saved, you are dead in your sins, not alive to God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 15

Are you really surprised that that is their belief? They have been saying these things 10 yrs now.
They don't claim those that don't have Jesus in their lives are righteous due to works like
you do, with you it is all about human effort not the saving grace of Jesus Christ through
faith.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Oct 15

I think the little box is created by you people because you want to quote a small passage that demonstrates your doctrine and ignore the rest.

God is far greater than that. So lets read the whole book of Ephesians and get the whole story

Hows that?

Oh and because you see the word adopted, you think that God cannot unadopt an evil Christian? Why? How do you make that conclusion?
I seems odd to me that you are still berating others in this thread when you cannot explain what you yourself mean by what youngster earlier. I think I finally understand you know: you attack others based a carefully selected group of scriptures but you cannot explain in simple practical terms what it is you believe and therefore your particularly legalist view of Christianity fails to resonate.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 15

NKJV

You have placed God in a little box of your making, and you are both way off base![/b]
You will notice that the scripture warns all of us that if the natural branches were cut off
so could those grafted in. I think God's grace is the greatest thing there is, He accepts us
as we are. I just don't believe someone who isn't living in faith is going to avail of it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I seems odd to me that you are still berating others in this thread when you cannot explain what you yourself mean by what youngster earlier. I think I finally understand you know: you attack others based a carefully selected group of scriptures but you cannot explain in simple practical terms what it is you believe and therefore your particularly legalist view of Christianity fails to resonate.
Typo:

"Asked you earlier" not "youngster"...

Damn Apple autocorrect!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 15

Yes but you make salvation sound conditional on doing what God called us to
To know where I'm coming from I looked these up for you. Not attempting to earn our
salvation by works, yet prompted out of love to do them inspired by our hope in Jesus
Christ, we will do good works which God has prepared for us to do in advance.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 15

NKJV

You say this :
the permanence of the binding legal agreement.
And this:
you make salvation sound conditional on doing what God called us to

Seems like you want a binding legal agreement but you dont want the conditions. Salvation is conditional and both parties to the agreement have a duty to fulfill

What you believe is that God must do his part and you do not need to do your part. You must get eternal life even though you are not fulling your duty and meeting the requirements for eternal life.