1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 19:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I already did.... take it or leave it.
    In fact the door is that way .. dont let it hit you on the way out.
    Your inability to explain what it is you believe without using scripture is noted.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 19:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your inability to explain what it is you believe without using scripture is noted.
    I know how you feel. Its a hard pill to swallow when someone shows you how the Bible condemns your cherished false doctrine ..

Here is the truth. As it stands you are a flesh and blood being.
    When Christ returns IF he judges you to be a good boy, THEN you get eternal life an THEN you are regenerated into a new being.

RIght now all Christians have is A HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE .

Paul said to have PATIENCE AND WAIT UNTIL CHRIST RETURNS.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 19:29
    I know how you feel. Its a hard pill to swallow when someone shows you how the Bible condemns your cherished false doctrine ..

When Christ returns IF he judges you to be a good boy, THEN you get eternal life an THEN you are regenerated into a new being.

Please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

Being saved but not having eternal life. I.e what is one "saved" from?
    Being spiritually reborn and spiritual regeneration
    Being spiritually reborn and eternal life

Thanks
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 19:48
    Please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

Thanks
    Patience. You will soon find out 🙂
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 20:01

It is this kind of post that led me to ask, 'Could you be wrong about that?'

You speak with such authority when you say 'Here is the truth', but to be blunt it is not 'the truth' that you present, just your own interpretation of 'the truth.'.Perhaps your words would have more credibility if you started such sentences with, 'I personally believe...'
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 20:10
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It is this kind of post that led me to ask, 'Could you be wrong about that?'

You speak with such authority when you say 'Here is the truth', but to be blunt it is not 'the truth' that you present, just your own interpretation of 'the truth.'.Perhaps your words would have more credibility if you started such sentences with, 'I personally believe...'
    Do you want to go through the teachings of Christ and the Apostles to find out what they say? If yes then lets do it.

And the reason why I speak that way to certain people is that I have been around this forum for over 10 years watching these jokers here parade their false doctrines with impunity and without anyone challenging it.

I personally believe certain things.
    I know Jesus said certain things and those things represent the truth.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 20:241 edit
    Do you want to go through the teachings of Christ and the Apostles to find out what they say? If yes then lets do it.

And the reason why I speak that way to certain people is that I have been around this forum for over 10 years watching these jokers here parade their false doctrines with impunity and without anyone challenging it.

I'm not parading any doctrine, I'm asking you to explain what you believe not why you believe it. So please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

8. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 20:26
    I'm not parading any doctrine, I'm asking you to explain what you believe not why you believe it. So please can you explain the difference, in practical terms, between:

DId that already. If you did not understand then I advise that you exercise .. Patience. You will soon find out son.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 21:331 edit

As an atheist, 'i personally' see no truth in any of the teachings you mention, interesting as they are, nor do i differentiate between the false doctrines of others and the ones you present here.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As an atheist, 'i personally' see no truth in any of the teachings you mention, interesting as they are, nor do i differentiate between the false doctrines of others and the ones you present here.
    I have the same problem at times ... thats why I stay out of certain threads. Hope you take that in the friendly spirit in which it is meant 🙂
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '15 22:491 edit
    DId that already. If you did not understand then I advise that you exercise .. Patience. You will soon find out son.
    No you haven't, you are just avoiding the question.

It is my contention that Christians should be able to explain what they believe without using scripture, you cannot, which is why you get into such scrapes here. You are what I have heard others called elsewhere; a legalist. You are able to point to scripture which defend "why" you believe something but you are completely incapable of explaining in practical terms "what" you believe.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 19:13
    What about the following people:
    Sonship
    Divegeester
    KellyJ
    Checkbaiter

Are they Christian?
    It's not for me to judge these individuals.... Per se.....that you referenced..... People can have differences in what they read in the Bible.... Some things are essentials others things are not as essential like cultural issues. All of that being said if one actively engages in the acts of evil referenced in the OP I would be bold enough to question whether they are actually Christians. You can know ones by their fruit.

PS I want to apologize for calling you a pharisee as I don't know you to judge you in such a way other than what you write but I really do think there is a legit call to follow Christ and be set apart from the world
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 20:53
    Originally posted by menace71
    It's not for me to judge these individuals.... Per se.....that you referenced..... People can have differences in what they read in the Bible.... Some things are essentials others things are not as essential like cultural issues. All of that being said if one actively engages in the acts of evil referenced in the OP I would be bold enough to question wheth ...[text shortened]... ite but I really do think there is a legit call to follow Christ and be set apart from the world
    The same way you choose not to judge those names I listed then you also should not judge the pastors in the opening post. Do you really think that you know who is Christian and who is not? The answer is NO!.

Likewise Christians who can claim [like you do] that Christians cannot lose their eternal life are pre-judging people before the judgment of Christ.

About the 'Pharisee' issue. I accept your apology. However that is not a big deal for me as I do not really care about peoples opinions about what I say.

For your own well-being and salvation I suggest you focus on the teachings of Jesus and not on what churches preach.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 20:55
    The same way you choose not to judge those names I listed then you also should not judge the pastors in the opening post. Do you really think that you know who is Christian and who is not? The answer is NO!.

Likewise Christians who can claim [like you do] that Christians cannot lose their eternal life are pre-judging people before the judgment of Christ. ...[text shortened]... ing and salvation I suggest you focus on the teachings of Jesus and not on what churches preach.
    Are you going to answer the questions I put to you Rajk999?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 22:056 edits
    Here we go again.

Do you really think that you know who is Christian and who is not? The answer is NO!.

I told you that ONLY GOD is the one who makes no mistake about who belongs to Him in salvation. And the church will, at times, make a mistake about who in the world is a believer (Matt. 13:24-30; 36-43).

This fact does not mean that the church should adopt a principle of not believing that we have the Son and have eternal life. We are not taught to be wishy washy, ambiguous, timid, hesitant, or political with false humility or cowardice about confessing and teaching one another as disciples that we HAVE eternal life.

" I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)

There is a difference in making a mistake in fact from making a mistake in principle. You are making a mistake in principle by teaching that a believer in Christ should not make "a good confession" in boldness.

" For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice, but of power and of love and of sovermindedness." ( 2 Tim. 1:7)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree