1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 02:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    On the day of judgement that will be revealed.
    Seriously, you cannot know the answer to that question now?
    Jesus said those that didn't believe in Him were condemned already, so doesn't that alone
    give us a heads up into at least a large portion of those that live now?
    If at some point they come to God through Jesus Christ then things will change for them,
    but until that time are they not condemn?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 02:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Seriously, you cannot know the answer to that question now?
    Jesus said those that didn't believe in Him were condemned already, so doesn't that alone
    give us a heads up into at least a large portion of those that live now?
    If at some point they come to God through Jesus Christ then things will change for them,
    but until that time are they not condemn?
    I disagree. I explained why already. Not doing that again. These things will be revealed on the day of judgement.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 02:11
    I disagree. I explained why already. Not doing that again. These things will be revealed on the day of judgement.
    Yea, Jesus' words don't matter then while He was with us, just those He says on judgment day?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 02:21
    Yea, Jesus' words don't matter then while He was with us, just those He says on judgment day?
    If you say so.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 02:36
    If you say so.
    No, actually when you say Jesus can say something and we cannot trust it to be true that
    is on you. Either Jesus spoke the truth and we can take Him at His word or not.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 06:19
    You left out a part. It should read:

[b]...if you are right with God now and you go through this life [continuing to be right with God], will not your salvation be sure when you stand before God on judgment day?

Answer is Yes.[/b]
    "[continuing to be right with God]"

I was thinking about this addition you added. At first I just thought okay....but then I was
    wondering why you added it. Do you think God believes it is important to be right with
    Him? I only ask because you seem to hedge on if only those right with God in this life are
    the only ones saved in the next. If there is doubt about those not right with God through
    Jesus in your way of thinking, why would it matter if anyone was continuing to be right
    with god at all?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 06:492 edits
    You left out a part. It should read:

[b]...if you are right with God now and you go through this life [continuing to be right with God], will not your salvation be sure when you stand before God on judgment day?

Answer is Yes.[/b]
    Are you "right with God", have you always been "right with God"? What will you do if one day you find you are not "right with God"?

Furthermore; if you were right with God in the past, and will be again in the future, but are not currently right with God, what state are you in spiritually: saved but not having eternal life? are you spiritually reborn but not spiritually regenerated? Are spiritually reborn but you don't have eternal life ?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 11:01
    "[continuing to be right with God]"

I was thinking about this addition you added. At first I just thought okay....but then I was
    wondering why you added it. Do you think God believes it is important to be right with
    Him? I only ask because you seem to hedge on if only those right with God in this life are
    the only ones saved in the next. If there is d ...[text shortened]... your way of thinking, why would it matter if anyone was continuing to be right
    with god at all?
    Yes, only those 'right with God' gets eternal life. However your definition of 'right with God' would include only those who 'believes' in Jesus, and your definition of 'believe' is to know of the name Jesus Christ.

My definitions are wider and would encompass a lot of people and religions. I think these statements by Peter and Jesus sum up nicely what I think God is about:

... Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (Acts 10:34-35 KJV)

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (John 15:14-16 KJV)

Jesus Christ has many friends and disciples and followers in all nations and in all religions. He chooses people to do work for him and all who live righteously are accepted by him.

I would not be answering and questions along these lines as we have been through this topic half a dozen times already.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 12:42
    No, actually when you say Jesus can say something and we cannot trust it to be true that
    is on you. Either Jesus spoke the truth and we can take Him at His word or not.
    You have actually denied many of the statements of Christ and claimed that they cannot be interpreted how Christ said it.. like that pertaining to sin is one exmple.

And I agree, the teachings of Christ must be taken as a whole. However with this one passage that you incessantly quote you think that Christ is excluding most of mankind. You seem to place a lot of emphasis on knowing the name Jesus and claiming to believe in Jesus but taken along with everything else that Christ preached that interpretation is incorrect.

Jesus is interested in obedience to his commandents and living righteously.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 14:523 edits
    You have actually denied many of the statements of Christ and claimed that they cannot be interpreted how Christ said it.. like that pertaining to sin is one exmple.

And I agree, the teachings of Christ must be taken as a whole. However with this one passage that you incessantly quote you think that Christ is excluding most of mankind. You seem to place a ...[text shortened]... ion is incorrect.

Jesus is interested in obedience to his commandents and living righteously.
    I've never denied any let a lone many statements of Christ, I've denied the way you read
    and understand them which is not the same thing. When it is point blank those that do not
    believe are condemn already, what is it about not believing don't you understand? When the
    scripture says it is not by works we are saved, what is it about not by works do you not
    understand? I and everyone here accepts that those that belong to Christ will obey Him,
    but even believing on Him is a work that God wants from us, and if you neglect that you
    are rejecting one of the most important parts of the gospel.

We are to live in obedience to His commands and live righteously, yes, but part of living
    righteously on top of everything else is living a Godly life, and you cannot do that without
    God.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 15:00
    Yes, only those 'right with God' gets eternal life. However your definition of 'right with God' would include only those who 'believes' in Jesus, and your definition of 'believe' is to know of the name Jesus Christ.

My definitions are wider and would encompass a lot of people and religions. I think these statements by Peter and Jesus sum up nicely what I ...[text shortened]... g and questions along these lines as we have been through this topic half a dozen times already.
    NOT TRUE, my definition of right is being born again, Jesus said that is a must!
    My definition is believing in Jesus and Jesus said that is a must.
    My definition is having the Holy Spirit, without the Holy Spirit the scripture is clear you do
    not belong to God.
    My definition is that we live Godly lives in Christ abiding in Him, and His Word in us.
    My definition is we follow the Holy Spirit of God's leading and teaching and you will not
    do that without the Holy Spirit, and without the Holy Spirit you do not belong to God.

You do twist in your mind what I believe, you should actually just read what I'm telling you,
    you'll have a better understanding what it is I'm about. I've never told you that my
    definition of believe is to know the name of Jesus, to know Jesus yes not just His name.

You would have people working toward being good enough, you'll never be good enough
    that way. Yes, once you accept Him, receive His Spirit as I've pointed out to you, you will
    do the works of God. We have gone through this, but from your responses you didn't
    bother grasping what was said to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree