1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]I believe those that are born again, who receive God's Spirit, who do the work God has
    for them to do, who believe in Jesus will if they are called Christian or not will receive
    eternal life

Why do you add to salvation? Namely, "those who do the work God has called them to do?"
    Anyone who is born again, already has eternal life, period.[/b]
    I'm not adding anything to the scripture, we are saved by grace through faith, we cannot
    earn it, but once there we will be doing what the Lord wants. You need to see scripture that
    says we will be doing the works God calls us to?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 16:22
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I never mentioned 'bride of Christ'. I said the 'body of Christ'.

I interpret the former to be New Jerusalem and the latter to be the righteous sheep that Christ accepts into the Kingdom of God. Not all of the latter are Christians and not all Christians are sheep.

The Christian sheep are not corrupted. The Christian goats are corrupted and will be ex ...[text shortened]...
    Gods work in not defeated. Did I aver say that? Why do you people keep twisting what I say???
    We don't twist anything, you are the one claiming those that have turned their lives over to
    the Lord so that they have received the grace of God through God's faith He has given us
    to be lumped in with sinners who do not know God. Do you know where the term Christian
    came from in Scripture and why? You spend more time smearing God's church than you
    do building it up.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 17:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    We don't twist anything, you are the one claiming those that have turned their lives over to
    the Lord so that they have received the grace of God through God's faith He has given us
    to be lumped in with sinners who do not know God. Do you know where the term Christian
    came from in Scripture and why? You spend more time smearing God's church than you
    do building it up.
    Gods church? I doubt that you know what that really is. You are just a brown-noser .. going around the forums supporting the false doctrines paraded by the likes of sonship and checkbaiter.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 17:13
    Why do you people keep twisting what I say???
    Why don't you answer the questions I put to you, instead of ignoring me in feigned indignation?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 17:46
    Gods church? I doubt that you know what that really is. You are just a brown-noser .. going around the forums supporting the false doctrines paraded by the likes of sonship and checkbaiter.
    Getting personal again? You should really look into how you are supposed to treat others.
    I've not supported any false doctrines, but if you care to point one out to me I'd gladly
    defend my stance. I've pointed out to you how your views are in error of scripture and
    when you see them, you just ignore what was presented, claiming your not interested or
    some other statement along those lines.

If and when you do wish to point out a false doctrine I'm promoting, please use my words
    and not make up my views so you can claim they are not valid.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 19:132 edits
    Getting personal again? You should really look into how you are supposed to treat others.
    I've not supported any false doctrines, but if you care to point one out to me I'd gladly
    defend my stance. I've pointed out to you how your views are in error of scripture and
    when you see them, you just ignore what was presented, claiming your not interested or
    s ...[text shortened]... 'm promoting, please use my words
    and not make up my views so you can claim they are not valid.
    Truth cannot smear Gods church? Lies and false doctrines do that. Telling people that they can have eternal life immediately [regardless of how many sins they commit after], only they have to accept Jesus Christ with their mouth - that is the biggest lie ever told. It deceives the innocent into a false sense of security which they do not have. They are not told what is REQUIRED OF CHRISTIAN LIVING. This ignorance is what encourages sin and evil which smears and defiles Gods church.

Sonship promotes this kind of doctrine and you have never once challenged him. Hence my statement that you are a supporter of this doctrine.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 20:52
    I'm not adding anything to the scripture, we are saved by grace through faith, we cannot
    earn it, but once there we will be doing what the Lord wants. You need to see scripture that
    says we will be doing the works God calls us to?
    Yes but you make salvation sound conditional on doing what God called us to
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 21:16
    Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I know you dont believe Christ has any say in anything as his dispensation expired. Anyway, Paul is saying in the above reference, that IF someone OBEYS Christ, THEN they get eternal salvation.... IF! Obedience does not come by professing to have faith and promising to obey. It comes by actually obeying and actually living the true Christian life and enduring to the end:

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. (James 1:12 KJV)

IF you endure to the end THEN you get the crown of life... IF !

See? God does not allow shortcuts, does not like shysters and God hates liars. God is not fooled by empty meaningless promises of faith. God is waiting for every Chrsitian to prove themselves.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 21:47
    Truth cannot smear Gods church? Lies and false doctrines do that. Telling people that they can have eternal life immediately [regardless of how many sins they commit after], only they have to accept Jesus Christ with their mouth - that is the biggest lie ever told. It deceives the innocent into a false sense of security which they do not have. They are n ...[text shortened]... ou have never once challenged him. Hence my statement that you are a supporter of this doctrine.
    Lies would be suggesting that I've said you can live a life of sin. You have to make stuff
    up to suggest I'm pushing something false, I asked that you to quote me and not make
    things up as you just did. I don't challenge others because they don't push heresy as you
    do suggesting we need to earn our salvation through works when it is clear no one can
    do that. Again, not saying we will not do works, but when we do them it will be because we
    are obeying God not earning our salvation.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 21:53
    I been at this for 10 years here, you think I'm pushing earing salvation due to works?
    We cannot earn our salvation, we will be doing works but not towards salvation but to
    obey God. You need the Spirit of God to know God, with God's Spirit you will be lead by
    the Spirit of God to do the works God wants.

If you are not going to repent from your sin and follow God's Spirit are you indeed saved
    by not walking in the Spirit of God?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:27
    I been at this for 10 years here, you think I'm pushing earing salvation due to works?
    We cannot earn our salvation, we will be doing works but not towards salvation but to
    obey God. You need the Spirit of God to know God, with God's Spirit you will be lead by

If you are not going to repent from your sin and follow God's Spirit are you indeed saved
    You are not being clear. Are you saying that Chiristians who do not walk in the Spirit of God will not not get eternal life?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:27
    [b]Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I know you dont believe Christ has any say in anything as his dispensation expired. Anyway, Paul is saying in the above reference, that IF someone OBEYS Christ, THEN they get eternal salvation.... IF! Obedience does not come by professing to ...[text shortened]... by empty meaningless promises of faith. God is waiting for every Chrsitian to prove themselves.[/b]
    You contradict the very verse you are quoting.

]Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It can't be eternal if you can lose it. The obedience he speaks of is to confess Jesus as Lord.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:28
    You are not being clear. Are you saying that Chiristians who do not walk in the Spirit of God will not not get eternal life?
    If you do not have the Spirit of God, you do not belong to God. I've given you scripture on
    this several times, I guess it must have been one of those points/scriptures you just didn't
    think worth reading.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:32

I know Christians who were fervent and fell away. They have no reward but they are still saved.
    BTW... I have been at this for 21 years here and 41 in my lifetime.
    Is there a seniority condition I am missing here?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:332 edits
    You contradict the very verse you are quoting.

][b]Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It can't be eternal if you can lose it. The obedience he speaks of is to confess Jesus as Lord.[/b]
    No .. the salvation is the eternal life when he returns. Now you have nothing but a promise. You have to wait until the return of Christ for eternal salvation.. But when he returns and you do get it, then you cannot lose it.

Obedience is WHAT ?? Confessing with your mouth? I know a few 3 yr olds in my village that can teach you some English Language and that is their second language.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree