Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d

@caissad4 said
I guess that you actually do not want to examine anything which does not meet your preconceived nonsense . Typical Christian behaviour , is it not
I’m examining your backpedaling and avoidance of my laser-focused observations of you and your posting.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d
1 edit

@caissad4 said
I do not trust the nonsensical and contradicted bible texts . Neither do I trust someone who uses your tactics .
So are you standing by your earlier claim that the NT writers who had never met Jesus “quoted Jesus directly”, or are you backing away from it?

Edit. And if they never met him, and their writings are not describing what happened, then I ask you again what you think they were describing in the text you referred to about Jesus lying about his return date?

You seem to have gotten yourself into a bit of a pickle.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
333d

@divegeester said
So are you standing by your earlier claim that the NT writers who had never met Jesus “quoted Jesus directly”, or are you backing away from it?

Edit. And if they never met him, and their writings are not describing what happened, then I ask you again what you think they were describing in the text you referred to about Jesus lying about his return date?

You seem to have gotten yourself into a bit of a pickle.
The writers claim to be quoting him . More Christian nonsense from them ... and you

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
333d

@divegeester said
I’m examining your backpedaling and avoidance of my laser-focused observations of you and your posting.
I used to think you were a reasonably intelligent and civil person . I will definitely backpedal from those thoughts , lol .

Über-Nerd

Moves
333d

@kellyjay said
How does genetics disprove any of the things you claim it disproves?
Inbreeding leads to severe mental retardation and infertile offspring with six or seven generations. Therefore, Homo sapiens cannot be descended from only two original specimens.

Über-Nerd

Moves
333d
1 edit

@vivify said
Not at all. In the U.S. Christians still try to get Biblical creationism taught in schools:

https://www.aclu.org/news/religious-liberty/west-virginia-lawmakers-are-pushing-public-schools-to-teach-creationism

At one point the Supreme Court had to strike down a Louisiana law that banned the teaching of evolution unless creationism was also taught. It's not some fringe gr ...[text shortened]... ieve in Biblical creation:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/261680/americans-believe-creationism.aspx
I should point out that those biblical-literalist American Christian ‘sects’ are overwhelmingly Lutheran/Evangelical groups who were persecuted in Europe as schismatics and fled to the New World: Calvinists, Puritans, snake handlers, Anabaptists, Pentecostalists, and various other Bible worshippers.

Roman Catholic and Greek/Russian Orthodox traditions do not treat the Bible as anything but a tertiary source.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d

@caissad4 said
The writers claim to be quoting him .
So the NT writers are accurate or not?

You seem to be confused about that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d
6 edits

@caissad4 said
I used to think you were a reasonably intelligent and civil person . I will definitely backpedal from those thoughts , lol .
Never mind the ad hominems, try and follow what I’m asking you.

Firstly [Redacted]

Secondly you are dancing around this:
You claim Jesus lied about his return. Your assertion is based on what people who had never met Jesus wrote about him hundreds of years later. So, I’ve asked what you think the writers meant when they wrote that scripture, knowing that he hadn’t returned.

You replied “they were quoting him directly”
Thirdly then; how were they “quoting him directly “ if they’d never met him?

You replied “because (what Jesus said) in bible it is in quotes”
Well no it isn’t actually. But even if what the writers claimed he said was written in “ “ … does that mean that the writers mean to say that he was lying (seeing as they knew he hadn’t yet returned)?

I’ll tell you what I think shall I… [redacted]

Yeah I’m “reasonably intelligent”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d

All we need is Sonhouse to come along and tell us it (Christianity) is “all bullshyte” and we will be able to close this forum down and go home.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
333d
2 edits

@caissad4

Cherry pick.

Keep the bits that are precious, morally substantive, worthwhile, effective, peace bringing, pleasing and good. Focus on these.

Bin, or at least park, the rest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
333d

@moonbus said
Inbreeding leads to severe mental retardation and infertile offspring with six or seven generations. Therefore, Homo sapiens cannot be descended from only two original specimens.
Inbreeding when the life span was hundreds of years long is different when it is much less the generic errors we share now have a better chance of causing all of the issues you brought up. When there were fewer issues, less likely. That it?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
332d

@divegeester said
Never mind the ad hominems, try and follow what I’m asking you.

Firstly [Redacted]

Secondly you are dancing around this:
You claim Jesus lied about his return. Your assertion is based on what people who had never met Jesus wrote about him hundreds of years later. So, I’ve asked what you think the writers meant when they wrote that scripture, knowing that he hadn’ ...[text shortened]... t returned)?

I’ll tell you what I think shall I… [redacted]

Yeah I’m “reasonably intelligent”
Oh the irony , lol .
If your bible is just a load of made up nonsense then we are in total agreement . It has all the validity of a Harry Potter book or a Superman comic .Your version of Christianity seems to align more with the Unitarian view . That is an extreme minority opinion among Christians .
Your assessment of your intelligence seems grossly exaggerated .

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
332d
1 edit

@divegeester said
So the NT writers are accurate or not?

You seem to be confused about that.
Almost all of what they wrote is just made up nonsense . I am not confused .
Since you regard the whole Adam and Eve thing , including Original Sin, as just a fairy tale it is safe to assume that you are not even a Christian . Congratulations !!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
332d

@caissad4 said
Oh the irony , lol .
If your bible is just a load of made up nonsense then we are in total agreement . It has all the validity of a Harry Potter book or a Superman comic .Your version of Christianity seems to align more with the Unitarian view . That is an extreme minority opinion among Christians .
Your assessment of your intelligence seems grossly exaggerated .
Dodge of all my points, noted.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
332d

@caissad4 said
Almost all of what they wrote is just made up nonsense . I am not confused .
Since you regard the whole Adam and Eve thing , including Original Sin, as just a fairy tale it is safe to assume that you are not even a Christian . Congratulations !!
Another dodge.