Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Science Negates All of Abrahamic Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
346d
1 edit

@caissad4 said
The science of genetics shows that the whole Adam and Eve thing never happened . Which follows that the whole basis of Christianity does not exist .
Genetics , geology and more show there was no Noah or great flood . Several civilizations were thriving around the world at that time and failed to note any great flood . Who is responsible for educating oneself ?? Even if I ch ...[text shortened]... m a finger in each ear and shout lalalalalalalalagoddit . You have done similar things in the past .
How does it show that? You are big on telling what to think, yet the reason why I should accept your standards is simply missing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
346d

@caissad4 said
Next thing I will be telling people to go to a library or college or use google , lol .
Are you standing by your earlier claim that the NT writers who had never met Jesus “quoted Jesus directly”, or are you backing away from it?

And if they never met him, and their writings are not describing what happened, then I ask you again what you think they were describing in the text you referred to about Jesus lying about his return date?

Maybe do some research in a library before replying.

Moves
346d

@divegeester said
Are you standing by your earlier claim that the NT writers who had never met Jesus “quoted Jesus directly”, or are you backing away from it?

And if they never met him, and their writings are not describing what happened, then I ask you again what you think they were describing in the text you referred to about Jesus lying about his return date?

Maybe do some research in a library before replying.
According to scripture, it was the Holy Spirit who enabled the Gospel writers to accurately record the words of Jesus. Take for example John 14:26 - "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." And also 2 Timothy 3:16 - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

So, if the Gospel writers are accurately recanting what Jesus said (via the Holy Spirit) why indeed did Jesus misjudge the timescale of his return date?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
346d

@ghost-of-a-duke said

So, if the Gospel writers are accurately recanting what Jesus said (via the Holy Spirit) why indeed did Jesus misjudge the timescale of his return date?
I haven’t said the text is accurate, nor have I offered an interpretation of it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
346d

@caissad4 said
The science of genetics shows that the whole Adam and Eve thing never happened . Which follows that the whole basis of Christianity does not exist .
Genetics , geology and more show there was no Noah or great flood . Several civilizations were thriving around the world at that time and failed to note any great flood . Who is responsible for educating oneself ?? Even if I ch ...[text shortened]... m a finger in each ear and shout lalalalalalalalagoddit . You have done similar things in the past .
The science of genetics shows us how the whole Adam and Eve thing never happened, long on promises you are short on delivering substance.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
346d

@kellyjay said
The science of genetics shows us how the whole Adam and Eve thing never happened, long on promises you are short on delivering substance.
Science delivers , if you would only study it with an open mind

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
346d

@caissad4 said
Science delivers , if you would only study it with an open mind
Blaa, blaa, blaa as it stands the only thing you have shown you know about genetics is how to spell the word, nothing you have said dispels any of the things you have made claims about. Why bother saying something like that if you cannot speak to the science itself?

Moves
346d

@divegeester said
I haven’t said the text is accurate, nor have I offered an interpretation of it.
I was supporting the validity of caissad4's question.

Why not have a go at answering it.

Moves
346d

@kellyjay said
Blaa, blaa, blaa as it stands the only thing you have shown you know about genetics is how to spell the word, nothing you have said dispels any of the things you have made claims about. Why bother saying something like that if you cannot speak to the science itself?
FMF will be along shortly to scold you for mocking, rather than engaging...

F

Moves
346d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
FMF will be along shortly to scold you for mocking, rather than engaging...
If you insist on belittling him with your churlish "fairytales" trope, why should he deal with you as if you are engaging him in good faith?

Moves
346d

@fmf said
If you insist on belittling him with your churlish "fairytales" trope, why should he deal with you as if you are engaging him in good faith?
Have you ever belittled or mocked Kelly or his beliefs?

....You sure?

Über-Nerd

Moves
346d

@kellyjay said
Inbreeding when the life span was hundreds of years long is different when it is much less the generic errors we share now have a better chance of causing all of the issues you brought up. When there were fewer issues, less likely. That it?
1. People never lived hundreds of years.

2. Inbreeding among the same population over longer periods of time leads to more genetic mutation and deformity, not less.

Über-Nerd

Moves
346d
1 edit

@caissad4 said
Almost all of what they wrote is just made up nonsense . I am not confused .
Since you regard the whole Adam and Eve thing , including Original Sin, as just a fairy tale it is safe to assume that you are not even a Christian . Congratulations !!
I am very much in favour of people continuing to believe in fairy tales (or, more charitably, moral allegories about sinners going to a lake of fire if they don't follow the Ten Commandments), if that is what it takes to keep them from running amok in the streets with machetes and killing people indiscriminately. There are indeed people who need such fairy tales (er, 'moral allegories' ) to keep them in line, otherwise, left to their own devices, they go seriously astray.

However, such people should not have the power to impose their fairy tales on everyone else as if they were science in the public schools, or to burn people at the state for believing other things. They should also not have the power to preempt a woman's decision to carry her pregnancy to term or not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
346d

@moonbus said
1. People never lived hundreds of years.

2. Inbreeding among the same population over longer periods of time leads to more genetic mutation and deformity, not less.
Never, really, and you know that because you know that, how? You don't know a lot of things and it has not stopped you from making pronouncements about what is and is not true. Even your so-called scientific pronouncements you have not backed up and I just have to accept your longevity pronouncements because you don't accept them on their face? I've given you the reasons it doesn't matter you don't get to overlook the whole of scripture just to cheery pick the parts you don't like. You don't know how life started that is plain, so your pronouncements on how it happened why don't carry any weight without something to back them up.

How did the information within life get there to direct the processes, mind or mindlessness? Here you can bring up God if you like.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
346d

@moonbus said
I am very much in favour of people continuing to believe in fairy tales (or, more charitably, moral allegories about sinners going to a lake of fire if they don't follow the Ten Commandments), if that is what it takes to keep them from running amok in the streets with machetes and killing people indiscriminately. There are indeed people who need such fairy tales (er, 'moral a ...[text shortened]... should also not have the power to preempt a woman's decision to carry her pregnancy to term or not.
People do all kinds of evil in the world, most of the evil we see we do to each other, occurs in the name of religion, sex, nationality, or skin color with a host of other things like greed and lust. Blaming religion is more of a scapegoat looking for something to blame outside of ourselves. it is human nature that justifies the evil we do.