This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 23:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    http://www.reviewevolution.com/press/pressRelease_100Scientists.php

"The numbers of scientists who question Darwinism is a minority, but it is growing fast," said Stephen Meyer, a Cambridge-educated philosopher of science who directs the Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture at Discovery Institute. "This is happening in the face of fierce attempts ...[text shortened]... Tumlin: Assoc. Prof. of Medicine: Emory U. Charles Thaxton: PhD Physical Chemistry-Iowa State U.
    That article also says:

Meanwhile, a Zogby Poll released today shows overwhelming public support--81 percent--for the position that "When public broadcasting networks discuss Darwin's theory of evolution, they should present the scientific evidence for it, but also the scientific evidence against it."

Of course the 81% would include me. But I wonder what that 81% thinks is the scientific evidence against evolution.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 05:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You have shown a few hundred names but there are about 400 THOUSAND names with just as valid Phd's who totally agree with evolution. That list is not 'rapidly' growing.
    That is what you say. I say the list of Phd's that agrees with evolution is dwindling.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 05:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    First of all, there is no religion that goes by the name of Darwinism. Creationists try their hardest to make the Theory of Evolution into a religion started by Darwin, but it isn't. We don't call theories of Gravity 'Newtonianism'. There is Newtonian Mechanics, there is Newtons Laws, but nobody ever says Newtonianism - even though it is readily accepted ...[text shortened]... hey are forced to try and claim some as yet unrealized future in which the numbers support them.
    It is called Humanism, but Darwinism is a main doctrine that is used for its worldview.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 05:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Nobody said it was a religion.
    twhitehead has not said anyone declared it was.
    He is just saying it is not a religion in case there are some stupid folk out there who think it is.
    Creationism is not a religion either, but it is a major doctrine of several religions just like Darwinism is a major doctrine of Humanism.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 11:081 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ...Darwinism is a major doctrine of Humanism.
    That's obviously false. Show us what part of the theory talks about political or societal oughts.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 18:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Let's be clear, here.

The universe WAS created.

But God chose the natural physical laws of this dimension to do it, i.e. the BB, modern cosmology and Evolution.
    How do you know this? How can you reject the biblical account but keep the god part?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 19:53
    Originally posted by C Hess
    That's obviously false. Show us what part of the theory talks about political or societal oughts.
    Just as Creationism gives support for the belief in God, Darwinism, the theory of evolution, gives support for belief in no God or gods.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 20:14
    Just as Creationism gives support for the belief in God, Darwinism, the theory of evolution, gives support for belief in no God or gods.
    Evolution does no such thing. Just look at Suzianne. She is clearly a Christian and is fine with evolution. Evolution says NOTHING for or against god or gods. YOU just ASSUME it does and as you have said many times before, that makes an ass out of u and me.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 03:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Evolution does no such thing. Just look at Suzianne. She is clearly a Christian and is fine with evolution. Evolution says NOTHING for or against god or gods. YOU just ASSUME it does and as you have said many times before, that makes an ass out of u and me.
    I believe it is what is referred to as microevolution that Suzianne probably believes. I would be surprised if she believed that monkeys or chimpanzees actually evolved into humans over millions of years. That clearly would be teaching that God is not needed to make man in His own image as the Holy Bible says.
  11. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 10:17
    I believe it is what is referred to as microevolution that Suzianne probably believes. I would be surprised if she believed that monkeys or chimpanzees actually evolved into humans over millions of years. That clearly would be teaching that God is not needed to make man in His own image as the Holy Bible says.
    Kenneth Miller, a prominent cell and molecular biologist who accept evolution, is also roman catholic. You fail.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 10:41
    Either you do not read very many of her posts, or you are loosing your memory in your old age. Either way, prepare to be surprised.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 20:20
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Kenneth Miller, a prominent cell and molecular biologist who accept evolution, is also roman catholic. You fail.
    Not all Roman Catholics are Christian.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 20:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Either you do not read very many of her posts, or you are loosing your memory in your old age. Either way, prepare to be surprised.
    If that is the case then she is either deceived or is not really a Christian. Take your pick.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '14 21:50
    Not all Roman Catholics are Christian.
    How so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree