1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 20:59
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    My 2p take:

1. Most people in Western society are, at least nominally, Christian (if only for weddings and funerals). Hence, Christianity is (again, nominally) the majority religion. In most countries, the majority religion does not receive any protection under the law. In India, for instance, the rise of right wing Hindu parties in recent years is ...[text shortened]... form of propaganda that seems to have roots in the secular movement itself.

Good posts, btw.
    I think a lot of it is specifically anti-Protestant as opposed to anti-Catholic, at least in the U.S. That is, those forms of Protestantism that are especially obnoxious and have especially radical ideas about the nature of reality.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 21:06
    Just a question to everyone.

Which is the correct expression ? "Separation of Church and State" or "Separation of Religion and State".

Is there a difference between the two .... or are they interchangeable ?
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 21:08
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I think a lot of it is specifically anti-Protestant as opposed to anti-Catholic, at least in the U.S. That is, those forms of Protestantism that are especially obnoxious and have especially radical ideas about the nature of reality.
    ATY: " .... radical ideas about the nature of reality."

Which are those ideas ?
  4. London
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    While the specific arguments are directed against Protestant evangelists, I think that the sentiment against Christianity is partly anti-Catholic. Which, ironically enough, traces its origins back to Protestantism.

EDIT: Regardless of whether the sentiment is anti-Protestant or anti-Catholic, do you think the "pissing on Bibles" response is justified?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree