1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 22:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This conversation would not be occuring if not for the difference in perceptions of what you mean by insults and verbal abuse. Or for that matter what I consider insults or verbal abuse.
    What do you consider to be verbal abuse and what do you consider to be insults ?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 22:27
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    What do you consider to be verbal abuse and what do you consider to be insults ?
    Give me an example and I'll let you know. Try verbally abusing me and I'll let you know what I think. By the way, did you feel my goading of the Jewish clan was insensitive in the BWA krumping invitational goading thread? It's on page 3.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 22:271 edit
    Let your conscience be your guide.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 22:30
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Give me an example and I'll let you know. Try verbally abusing me and I'll let you know what I think. By the way, did you feel my goading of the Jewish clan was insensitive in the BWA krumping invitational goading thread? It's on page 3.
    I will not insist any further.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Oct '05 22:43
    [b]ATY: " ... but will happily mock and insult Jews ... "

There is a name for people who will happily mock and insult Jews.

ATY: " ... and Muslims"

I know, but you do not want to be associated with such people either ..... I hope.[/b]
    Yeah ,, they're called Catholics
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 09:55
    Dear Mister Crow,

Please take good notice of to whom I address my posts. The wake-up call was not directed at you.
    Regardless, within his verbose and inflammatory remark he makes a very good point.

People do, always have, and always will spew mindless unsubstantiated completely unintelligent malicious insults about that which others hold dear. Sometimes, it is even intended to offend. Religion is no exception.

Such remarks are made out of intolerance. If you wish to match intolerance with intolerance, such is your perogative. However, I wish to candidly make clear to you that you speak for yourself, and yourself alone.

Personally, I don't mind when people reveal themselves to be intolerant, uncultured, uneducated, hypocritical, inarticulate and unintelligent, incapable of producing a proposition worthy of a civilized individuals serious thought. It is to their own fallacy. When such is their presentation, the converse point is far more convincing, regardless of composition.

That said, and in summary.....

Grow some skin!!!
    Quit giving theists like me a bad name!!!

Pax Vobiscum,
    Omnislash 🙂
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 10:07
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Wake up to THIS reality !!!!
    Damn, crow...both barrels, huh? I wonder what 'RatX' thinks of this dialectic. Rat? You there?
  8. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 11:07
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    The topic pertains to "Western secular societies." I know of no Western secular society in which Christians are a minority and Jews and Muslims are not. Thus, I stand by my claim that Jews and Muslims are in practice the beneficiaries of special treatment due to their minority status, and Christians are not.
    Well take France which banned exhibition of outward relegious symbols in school etc . This ban also effects the Sikh people who by their relegion are required to wear a turban compulsorily . As an example take the case ofle of the Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh who wears a turban.
    This does'nt effect christian people as there is nothing which is cumpulsory for them to wear.
  9. Meddling with things
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 11:14
    Muslims are the beneficiaries of special treatment ? They sure are in the Netherlands and France, Dear doctor ! Next time instead of a trip to the Galapagos I advise you to pay a visit to the Dutch and French Muslims, just to start with ......
    Yes, special treatment...in the same way that Hitler's thugs dispensed special treatment. Certainly in the UK and France the BNP and FN dispense harassment, and violence, the broader society dispenses prejudice. What meagre protection minorities receive from the state they certainly do not comprise a privilaged and over protected group.

Is it really different in Nederland?
  10. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

The Christians are often obnoxious in a way that Jews and Muslims are generally not.
    You have to be joking! Is there any basis for that statement, because it's a pretty big one?
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    It can not tollerate the non believer , the pagan , the secular , the believer in another god . It will eventually attempt to take it over like a cancer , and in failing that will "be commanded" to "suffer not the abommination to live" and "leave not one stone standing upon another" and blah blah blah stone it gleefully to death !
    Moldy, old pal, I almost regret opening this can of worms already. I didn't want to cause any disagreements here. And I didn't want to divide this argument into the same old theist - non-theist lines. Those lines are not going to change in one of these forums.

I urge you all to step outside those lines, and be objective for a moment.

Moldy, your criticism could be applied ten-fold of each of the monotheistic religions- the jews don't embrace pagans, and the mohammedans don't pat the non-believer on the back. Quite the contrary.

So why not criticise them too, while we're at it?
  12. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:38
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Yeah ,, they're called Catholics
    How did you become so witty, if you don't mind me asking? Did you take a course?

Or was that some kind of sensible contribution to this debate?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:39
    Originally posted by sjeg
    You have to be joking! Is there any basis for that statement, because it's a pretty big one?
    Are you saying that your're experience is that Christians are not obnoxious or that Jews and Muslims are just as obnoxious?
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 12:42
    Originally posted by sjeg
    The way Christian preachers present themselves on tv is a clue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree