1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 21:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    How about a relaxed game of chess... unrated 1/3 or 3/7 with you as white?

😉
    would 7/14 be ok with you?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 21:46
    Originally posted by josephw

Very well put Bobby. Much appreciated. I love the sound of Truth.

Some Christians say this platitude; God said it, I believe it, therefore it's true.

I think it would be more accurate to say; God said it, therefore it's true.
    Not much difference from the law of gravity. It's an absolute fact which governs whether I exhibit reverance or scorn, and believe it or not. A fool's long quick fall from the top of the Empire State Building, in NYC, is really quite safe, except for the last two inches.

3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 21:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    would 7/14 be ok with you?
    Sure.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 22:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Not much difference from the law of gravity. It's an absolute fact which governs whether I exhibit reverance or scorn, and believe it or not. A fool's long quick fall from the top of the Empire State Building, in NYC, is really quite safe, except for the last two inches.

Though you may not have been the first to say this, it's the first I've heard it. Deep and symbolic, I'll be making use of that example many times to come.

From the Christian persepective; we are all about what happens at impact... but the folks we try to warn, tell us to shut up and quit disrupting the exhilaration they are feeling during flight.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 22:51
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Though you may not have been the first to say this, it's the first I've heard it. Deep and symbolic, I'll be making use of that example many times to come.

From the Christian persepective; we are all about what happens at impact... but the folks we try to warn, tell us to shut up and quit disrupting the exhilaration they are feeling during flight.
    Lol. We're disrupting their exhilaration by warning them of the ensuing impact.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 22:57

"but the folks we try to warn, tell us to shut up and quit disrupting the exhilaration they are feeling during flight."

Well at least you are not being thrown to the lions anymore. Not we have to listen to your incessant caterwauling too? Sheeesh, give you Christians an inch and you want to take a mile.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:02
    Originally posted by Ullr
    "but the folks we try to warn, tell us to shut up and quit disrupting the exhilaration they are feeling during flight."

Well at least you are not being thrown to the lions anymore. Not we have to listen to your incessant caterwauling too? Sheeesh, give you Christians an inch and you want to take a mile.
    We don't want your inches or miles. We care enough to warn you of the ensuing impact. We don't have time to argue the truth of it with you for long, before we have to go and try to warn someone else who may have the ears to hear.
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:09
    We don't want your inches or miles. We care enough to warn you of the ensuing impact. We don't have time to argue the truth of it with you for long, before we have to go and try to warn someone else who may have the ears to hear.
    Well at least you have sense enough to recognize when someone is not vulnerable to your predatory spiritual behavior. But not to worry there are plenty of victims in the world that you can frighten and exploit.
  9. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:13
    Well at least you have sense enough to recognize when someone is not vulnerable to your predatory spiritual behavior. But not to worry there are plenty of victims in the world that you can frighten and exploit.
    The thanks we get are snide, arrogant remarks like yours. I don't see how you define that as exploitation.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:181 edit
    The thanks we get are snide, arrogant remarks like yours. I don't see how you define that as exploitation.
    So let me get this straight. You want me to thank you for trying to impose your spirtual beliefs on others?

If that is the case why don't I just thank Dasa since he is more forceful than even the run of the mill evangelical Christian on here.
  11. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:25
    So let me get this straight. You want me to thank you for trying to impose your spirtual beliefs on others?
    No! Of course not. I expect you to hate what I have to say, truth be told.

If that is the case why don't I just thank Dasa since he is more forceful than even the run of the mill evangelical Christian on here.
    Thank him all you want. He's no less misguided than you. You're brethren as far as I'm concerned. Give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek if you want.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:26
    No! Of course not. I expect you to hate what I have to say, truth be told.

[b]If that is the case why don't I just thank Dasa since he is more forceful than even the run of the mill evangelical Christian on here.

Thank him all you want. He's no less misguided than you. You're brethren as far as I'm concerned. Give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek if you want.[/b]
    "You're brethren as far as I'm concerned. Give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek if you want"

So now you are encouraging homosexuality? Isn't this a bit hypocritical? Won't your god be angry with you?
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:44
    "You're brethren as far as I'm concerned. Give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek if you want"

So now you are encouraging homosexuality? Isn't this a bit hypocritical? Won't your god be angry with you?
    LOL.

Ok I'll pipe down. I meant a brotherly peck on the cheek but regardless, it wasn't appropriate. I'll stop.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:50
    LOL.

Ok I'll pipe down. I meant a brotherly peck on the cheek but regardless, it wasn't appropriate. I'll stop.
    Ahh. I'm just busting your chops a bit. No offense taken. I'm enjoying the conversation believe it or not.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 Oct '11 23:56
    Ahh. I'm just busting your chops a bit. No offense taken. I'm enjoying the conversation believe it or not.
    Me too and I'm finding myself intrigued by both your avatar and your name. Glad you kicked the saloon doors in and joined us at the bar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree