Should Christians Celebrate Halloween

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by menace71
I know Halloween has pagan roots and all but the part that is ludicrous to me is people sending kids out into the world to get candy from total strangers. My old man would complain because in his neighborhood he would have older teens coming to his door. He was like go buy your own damn candy! I would run amok like a wild person when I was a kid on Hallowee ...[text shortened]... t want to celebrate it. I could dismiss the pagan part but it's still ridiculous.

Manny
I know without a doubt that even if not for my belifs, no way in the world would I let my children ever get candy or anything in your wildest dreams from strangers....

F

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by galveston75
I forgot you don't believe in the Bible so that really gives us no grounds to ever find an agreement on much of anything....
I just asked one question, you answered another non given question - how the h*ell could we agree?

I say - let the kids have fun, they are not practicing any demonic things, they just have fun!

If you don't agree on this, joseph, then comment of what I wrote, not any other thing! Let your answer be like yes, or like no, every other answer is bad. (StPaul?)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I just asked one question, you answered another non given question - how the h*ell could we agree?

I say - let the kids have fun, they are not practicing any demonic things, they just have fun!

If you don't agree on this, joseph, then comment of what I wrote, not any other thing! Let your answer be like yes, or like no, every other answer is bad. (StPaul?)
My answer still stands...

F

Moves
02 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
My answer still stands...
What answer? Of which question? 🙂

rc

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
What answer? Of which question? 🙂
yes! are you a noob?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes! are you a noob?
I'm intrigued as to what you tell your children when you tell them you won't be celebrating Haloween, Christmas or their birthdays.

d

Moves
02 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm intrigued as to what you tell your children when you tell them you won't be celebrating Haloween, Christmas or their birthdays.
No birthdays either? What's wrong with birthdays??

rc

Moves
02 Nov 09

we are not without resources you know noobster, we have , in watchtower and awake articles, ther most practical and wonderful advice available. in the case of Halloween, i asked my little boy if he was sad that we did not celebrate it, he said a little, but then instead i said would you like to go out for dinner and then we can go and watch a movie at the cinema. so we went for a Chinese meal and went to watch the incredible mr.fox. afterwards i asked him what he would rather have done and he stated that he loved the time spent with family and watching the movies and eating popcorn and drinking pepsi. Christmas is no different and you must remember i am the only member of my family who professes to be a Jehovah witness, therefore he gets loads of presents from his aunties, uncles and grandparents. i cannot stop them giving gifts, they have a right to celebrate it if the wish. i even go to my mothers for dinner, usually afterwards, after everyone else has eaten. no crackers, but the place is full of decorations, but i am not celebrating it, i am simply eating a good meal. in the case of birthdays it is similar, so many give presents, but we usually do something together as a family, on another occasion, as an alternative. he has more toys than we have space for, believe me.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by darvlay
its a matter of conscience, for when they are viewd in a biblical context, it is clear that they are not given too good a rep. did Jesus celebrate birthdays?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Nov 09

Christmas

Jesus never commanded Christians to celebrate his birth. Rather, he told his disciples to memorialize, or remember, his death. (Luke 22:19, 20) Christmas and its customs come from ancient false religions. The same is true of Easter customs, such as the use of eggs and rabbits. The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas or Easter, nor do true Christians today.

Birthdays

The only two birthday celebrations spoken of in the Bible were held by persons who did not worship Jehovah. (Genesis 40:20-22; Mark 6:21, 22, 24-27) The early Christians did not celebrate birthdays. The custom of celebrating birthdays comes from ancient false religions. True Christians give gifts and have good times together at other times during the year.

d

Moves
02 Nov 09
1 edit

its a matter of conscience, for when they are viewd in a biblical context, it is clear that they are not given too good a rep. did Jesus celebrate birthdays?
Did Jesus wipe his butt after every dump?

Seriously though, could you explain to me why they do not have a good rep? Out of curiousity...

rc

Moves
02 Nov 09

Seriously though, could you explain to me why they do not have a good rep? Out of curiousity...
if you shall go to the scriptures and look up the two birthdays that are recorded there, then you can evaluate this thing for yourself. also if my your rather crude statement concerning the Christ is evidently true, then you shall be as kind to state, what is the origin of birthday celebration, if you please?

rc

Moves
02 Nov 09

Christmas

Jesus never commanded Christians to celebrate his birth. Rather, he told his disciples to memorialize, or remember, his death. (Luke 22:19, 20) Christmas and its customs come from ancient false religions. The same is true of Easter customs, such as the use of eggs and rabbits. The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas or Easter, no ...[text shortened]... ons. True Christians give gifts and have good times together at other times during the year.
have you nothing to state with regard to my personal testimony?

d

Moves
02 Nov 09
1 edit

if you shall go to the scriptures and look up the two birthdays that are recorded there, then you can evaluate this thing for yourself. also if my your rather crude statement concerning the Christ is evidently true, then you shall be as kind to state, what is the origin of birthday celebration, if you please?
Oh, I don't care that much. Was hoping that you'd enjoy sharing why birthday celebrations are frowned upon. I'm certainly not looking for more work. Especially not in the bible study area.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Nov 09

You are about to find out what fools JWs are.