1. Joined
    16 Jun '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 12:12
    The real evil lies in the commercial exploitation of the masses as with Christmas (or Yuletide pagan equivalent).

These festivals should be treated as serious spiritual occasions for reflection and to gain guidance through spiritual ritual and meditation. If Christians 'celebrate' this festival along these lines there is nothing to fear.

Of course we know how multinational corporations see the celebration; a commercial opportunity to maximise profits, cause unnecessary waste and further depleat the natural resources, which brings the demise of humanity ever closer.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by aetheon
    The real evil lies in the commercial exploitation of the masses as with Christmas (or Yuletide pagan equivalent).

These festivals should be treated as serious spiritual occasions for reflection and to gain guidance through spiritual ritual and meditation. If Christians 'celebrate' this festival along these lines there is nothing to fear.

Of course we ...[text shortened]... te and further depleat the natural resources, which brings the demise of humanity ever closer.
    yes, do you think that there is a correlation between this and the passage at revelation chapter 18, where commercial factions are described as having 'got rich', from Babylon the great, world empire of false religion.

(Revelation 18:15-17) 15 “The travelling merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and will weep and mourn,  saying, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, clothed with fine linen and purple and scarlet, and richly adorned with gold ornament and precious stone and pearl, because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’. . .
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:05
    I'm a Christian who has always loved Halloween. I "celebrate" it by going to parties and dressing up and being with friends. As a child, I put on costumes and masks and rang doorbells, held out a paper sack and begged people for candy. Sometimes we went to a carnival. I'm sure there are "wrong" ways to celebrate" anything---if you do harm, it's wrong. Otherwise, it's...well, harmless fun!😛
  4. Joined
    16 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:10
    it's a dichotomy between need and want. Too much want and fulfilling want is the problem: if everyone fulfilled their needs rather than their wants, there would be enough of the necessary to go round; but that ain't human nature at present so we are where we are viz. gross inequality feeding conflict.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 12:17
    Originally posted by aetheon
    it's a dichotomy between need and want. Too much want and fulfilling want is the problem: if everyone fulfilled their needs rather than their wants, there would be enough of the necessary to go round; but that ain't human nature at present so we are where we are viz. gross inequality feeding conflict.
    Correct ... You want to make a point... but
    You need to check and make sure you post your point in the right thread. 😀
  6. Joined
    16 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 10:58
    whoopse, apologies humbly offered guv!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree