Should Christians Celebrate Halloween

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
I'm having a blast right now giving out candy and sipping Irish Whiskey! Already I've seen a few devils at my door but none as scary as Rob and Galv! But I have to ask - has it occurred to either one of you that you might be the pharisees you laugh at? Naaaaaah, you're both as infallible as the Pope - in fact I'm sure that is how you are both dressed right now. Take the bullet hat off and laugh for once!
Halloween was a blast when I was a kid. I dressed up as a big fat lady with big fat t...

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by josephw
Halloween was a blast when I was a kid. I dressed up as a big fat lady with big fat t...
We were talking about Halloween - not your hobbies!

rc

Moves
01 Nov 09

I'm having a blast right now giving out candy and sipping Irish Whiskey! Already I've seen a few devils at my door but none as scary as Rob and Galv! But I have to ask - has it occurred to either one of you that you might be the pharisees you laugh at? Naaaaaah, you're both as infallible as the Pope - in fact I'm sure that is how you are both dressed right now. Take the bullet hat off and laugh for once!
actually Jack i took my family out for a meal, afterwards we went to the cinema and watched incredible Mr.Fox, at which we laughed, ate popcorn, all the usual stuff and had a great time. you shall note we are able to make our own entertainment, we do not need masks and makeup, nor pagan elements, but naturally of course, we could never possibly envision having as such a great time as you.

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually Jack i took my family out for a meal, afterwards we went to the cinema and watched incredible Mr.Fox, at which we laughed, ate popcorn, all the usual stuff and had a great time. you shall note we are able to make our own entertainment, we do not need masks and makeup, nor pagan elements, but naturally of course, we could never possibly envision having as such a great time as you.
I'm happy for you and your family. I grilled tubular meats for several families with youngin's and then they (and my wife) went off on ghoulish visitations. Tomorrow the adults are meeting for more substantial animal parts completed by bourbon and loud music and louder political conversations.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 09

We were talking about Halloween - not your hobbies!
Ahh, you don't know how to have fun...! 😵

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Nov 09

I'm happy for you and your family. I grilled tubular meats for several families with youngin's and then they (and my wife) went off on ghoulish visitations. Tomorrow the adults are meeting for more substantial animal parts completed by bourbon and loud music and louder political conversations.
I take it back. You do know how to have fun!

rc

Moves
01 Nov 09

i dunno how you can drink bourbon, never-mind, i hope you shall be watching the ravens and the broncos tomorrow, Galvy has promised that them yanks is gonna get a whuppin.

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i dunno how you can drink bourbon, never-mind, i hope you shall be watching the ravens and the broncos tomorrow, Galvy has promised that them yanks is gonna get a whuppin.
I'll be watching the Cowgirls spank some water fowl - if they can manage it!

When you get to heaven, Rob, and they don't offer you bourbon, it will not be because the Good Lord doesn't want it - it will be because the Devil and I have finished drinking it!

F

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by galveston75
I didn't say anyone was doing a demonic practice. But is there a differance between praticing such things as the Bible condems or just playing with it and showing that we don't totally abstain from it?
If someone actually exercized a demonic practice, then this discussion would be worthwhile, they the kids are not. They do it for fun, nothing more!

But if they actually did exercize a demonic practice, so what? Isn't it their own interpretation of their religion? We live in a democracy where you are free to exercize any religion and interpretation thereof. Noone hinders you to have yoru religion, neither should you hinder anyone else to do the same.

But the kids don't. They just have fun!

rc

Moves
01 Nov 09

I'll be watching the Cowgirls spank some water fowl - if they can manage it!

When you get to heaven, Rob, and they don't offer you bourbon, it will not be because the Good Lord doesn't want it - it will be because the Devil and I have finished drinking it!
actually Jack i have hope towards God that the earth shall become a paradise, sin shall be eliminated and as a direct consequence mankind shall be restored to perfection, physical and spiritual, death and pain shall be no more. i do not think i could stand all the harp playing in heaven, for i myself, although i shudder to think of the connection, like you and the Devil, is a bluesman!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
If someone actually exercized a demonic practice, then this discussion would be worthwhile, they the kids are not. They do it for fun, nothing more!

But if they actually did exercize a demonic practice, so what? Isn't it their own interpretation of their religion? We live in a democracy where you are free to exercize any religion and interpretation the ...[text shortened]... ither should you hinder anyone else to do the same.

But the kids don't. They just have fun!
Yes we are all frre to worship as we please with the country we live in. I'm thankful for that and I would never impose my beliefs on anyone as I would want that done to me. I hope it doesn't seem that I am saying all need to believe as I do. I'm simply expressing my beliefs.
But it's not this or any other country that we should answer to with spiritual matters because in the end it is God we will answer to. Correct?
All I'm pointing out is if we are concerned about God's thoughts on this, a little more effort should be made to see what he will and will not accept with what we do as humans.
Too many scriptures point out the intolerance God has with things dealing with satan and the many avenues he uses to distract us from the pure worship that God demands. Many other scriptures warn how just small amounts of acceptance and interest or curiosity in spiritism is wrong no matter how small, fun, innocent or widely accepted it may seem. Many customs that man has done in the past that were practiced widely and thought to be ok to do, were never approved by God.

F

Moves
01 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes we are all frre to worship as we please with the country we live in. I'm thankful for that and I would never impose my beliefs on anyone as I would want that done to me. I hope it doesn't seem that I am saying all need to believe as I do. I'm simply expressing my beliefs.
But it's not this or any other country that we should answer to with spiritua he past that were practiced widely and thought to be ok to do, were never approved by God.
Do we discuss two different question here? Both at once?

I say that the kids doesn't worship demons, nor exercizing any demonic practice. They just do it for fun, without any hidden agenda. Right?

You say that god will judge them after their death? I'm sure that your god will judge anyone for their actions during their lifetime, not because you find it wrong, nor because I find it wrong, but what because god himself find it wrong. And there is no way any of us to find out what god finds wrong or not. Not even through the bible, because it is written by men of political reasons, nothing more.

So back to the question of this thread "Should Christians Celebrate Halloween".
And I say that "Continue to play, kids, you do nothing wrong. Don't listen at those who think they know what god thinks."

Illinois

Moves
01 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Inspired by TerrierJack and taken from a CBN.com article:

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/OnlineDiscipleship/Halloween/halloween_Watt05.aspx

The conclusion:

"As Christians you and I are placed in this world to be a light in a world of darkness. There is no lasting benefit to ignore a holiday that exists around us, but it also does harm to celebrate ...[text shortened]... g a world where evil is lauded and viewed as an ultimate power."

Where do you fit in?[/b]
By this rationale (i.e., Halloween has pagan roots, therefore Christians should not celebrate it), Christmas should also not be celebrated by Christians since it, too, has pagan roots.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Do we discuss two different question here? Both at once?

I say that the kids doesn't worship demons, nor exercizing any demonic practice. They just do it for fun, without any hidden agenda. Right?

You say that god will judge them after their death? I'm sure that your god will judge anyone for their actions during their lifetime, not because you find ...[text shortened]... , kids, you do nothing wrong. Don't listen at those who think they know what god thinks."
I forgot you don't believe in the Bible so that really gives us no grounds to ever find an agreement on much of anything....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Nov 09

I know Halloween has pagan roots and all but the part that is ludicrous to me is people sending kids out into the world to get candy from total strangers. My old man would complain because in his neighborhood he would have older teens coming to his door. He was like go buy your own damn candy! I would run amok like a wild person when I was a kid on Halloween night. I think that's enough for me to not want to celebrate it. I could dismiss the pagan part but it's still ridiculous.

Manny