Society

Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Does everyone get to live and to see their children live even if they don't subscribe to your doomsday wish?

Do you hope your gloomy predictions are wrong?

Do you seriously think that finding your predictions ludicrous - and saying so - is an example of "bigotry"?
Does everyone get to live and to see their children live even if they don't subscribe to your doomsday wish?

I don't think you have much to write. This chit chat back and forth is not too substantive.

Especially when it takes on the form of loaded questions like "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? " - Your second question.

Oh, by the way. On the children thing. I am looking for a quotation I know I read by Richard Dawkins about controlling children so that they are assured to not become believers in God. I cannot locate that quote yet. I did find the video where he insists that there is no such thing as "Christian children".

I know you expressed some thoughts about "weird" attitudes about raising children. You might consider Richard Dawkins' militant anti Theism in light of his remarks about raising children.

But if chit chat retorts is all you have for discussion here. I have not much to respond. But one of the first things that is comforting to children of Christian parants is to tell them the truth about our "Heavenly Father".

It it is very comforting for them to know that the whole family has a very large Heavenly Father who takes care of us all - who is more capable than us all - who will be faithful - who provides and to whom you may open up your heart about ANYTHING. For the heavenly Father is understanding of man to the uttermost.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12

Am I suppose to be that guy with the plankard ?

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by jaywill
But if chit chat retorts is all you have for discussion here. I have not much to respond.
I have been asking you questions. Perhaps you'd like to answer one?

I do not see what Richard Dawkins has to do with me. Quoting him is a red herring.

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

Am I suppose to be that guy with the plankard ?
My question is, do you hope that your 'end is nigh' predictions are wrong?

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

I don't think you have much to write. This chit chat back and forth is not too substantive. Especially when it takes on the form of loaded questions like "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? " - Your second question.
Does your doomsday prediction apply to the billions of humans who don't believe it? This question is nothing at all like "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? "

j

Moves
16 Jun 12

Doom is dependent on where one stands.

Do you think there could be such a thing as justified and righteous doom ?
I think some things should be doomed.

If you don't think anything in the world rightfully should be doomed, and justly so, then I think you're not too sober minded about the real situation.

What the second coming of Christ dooms ?

Disease, war, dumbness, mental retardation, poverty, injustice, imprisonment, oppression, tears, eventually death, the enemy of God and man, and the chronically unrepentant (but that is what THEY want).

j

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Does your doomsday prediction apply to the billions of humans who don't believe it? This question is nothing at all like "Have you stopped beating your wife yet? "

Define my "doomsday prediction".

Tell me what you think my "doomsday prediction" is in your mind.

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

What the second coming of Christ dooms ?
Well if it doesn't affect non-Christians and only effects you and those who think your prediction is right, then that's fine. Will "the second coming of Christ" leave all non-Christians in peace to get on with their lives?

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

Define my "doomsday prediction".

Tell me what you think my "doomsday prediction" is in your mind.
I am not trawling back through your posts over the last 6 years to copy and paste quotes. Your narcissism is getting ahead of you. 😵

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF

I don't hope any promise from God is wrong. Even if I do not like some of the details as I understand them, I have learned that God has the wisdom and the righteousness.

IF you gave it to me to change God's plans and said "Here, jaywill. We give you the authority to alter God's plan. Make adjustments and improvements as you feel they need to be made."

I would not do it. I would say that I trust God. Better leave things the way God says they should be.

That's my honest answer.

Now, put aside "predictions" of the future. Jesus said that the kingdom people are the salt of the earth. He said His Christians should be the salt of the earth.
Salt is a preservative. Salt keeps the food from rotting completely when done properly. The people salted food to preserve it from becoming rotten.

As I understand the function of the Christian church is that it should be something preserving society from becomming completely rotten. The church may not heal the ills of society. For the church is the CALLED OUT community - the EKKLESIA.

But her presence on the earth, Jesus says, is like the salt of the earth holding back the tide of corruption from totally advancing.

So aside from prophecy, I see my present function in society to be a preservative holding back somewhat that downward decline into degradation. This is what the normal Christian life is meant to be according to Christ.

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I am not trawling back through your posts over the last 6 years to copy and paste quotes. Your narcissism is getting ahead of you. 😵
I am not trawling back through your posts over the last 6 years to copy and paste quotes. Your narcissism is getting ahead of you.

What indicates my "narcissism" ? I am interested to know what in the world is narcissistic about trust in Christ's Gospel.

No need to go back 6 years over anything. This should be simple for you. Where does the narcissism come in in what I have expressed about the Gospel ?

j

Moves
16 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well if it doesn't affect non-Christians and only effects you and those who think your prediction is right, then that's fine. Will "the second coming of Christ" leave all non-Christians in peace to get on with their lives?

Christ is called by the prophet Haggai "the desire of the nations".

I cannot gaurantee all non Christians will be at peace at Christ's second coming. I cannot gaurantee all Christians will be at peace either. In fact I am certain that many of us Christian will find His second coming is a bit too soon.

But the phrase "the desire of the nations" means to me that Christ is the one whom all the nations are really looking for whether they know this or not.

Very narcistic people who want to be left alone by God, probably will lose some peace at the thought of Christ coming.

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

I cannot gaurantee all non Christians will be at peace at Christ's second coming.
Do you hope non-Christians will be unaffected by it?

F

Moves
16 Jun 12

What indicates my "narcissism" ? I am interested to know what in the world is narcissistic about trust in Christ's Gospel.
Asking me explain to you what you have explained to people here time and time again - as a debating device - is "narcissism". It's got absolutely nothing to do with your purported "trust in Christ's Gospel".

j

Moves
16 Jun 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF

My hope is as God desires -

" ... our Savior God, Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth." ( 1 Tim. 2:3,4)

I too desire all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth. That would include personal enemies.

You see once the Holy Spirit came into me I had this very heavy feeling of "But why me Lord ? I am not better ?"

This burden for others is what keeps the evangelist going. He just cannot live in peace with the thought that he was so underserving yet fortunate. Others HAVE to have the same opportunity to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth.