1. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:16
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    sharpemother, you said god hates sin.... so are you saying god hates? doesnt hate come from the devil, are you saying that hate is so powerful even god cannot overcome it?
    Sin goes against Gods Nature, God can do no less than to hate it. Is it a sin for you to hate murder? I don't believe that hate is a sin unless you take the law into your own hands while not having the authority to do so. God can hate sin and punish it because He is the Judge.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:25
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    God can do no less than to hate it.
    So, you are stipulating something God can't do? Some omnipotent God! Maybe "semi-potent" might be a better description.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:441 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The sentence, "It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin" runs contrary to the essence and heart of the Gospel. In short, Jesus lived in a world of sin. He touched those who sinned. He listened to those who sinned. He ate with sinners. He had relationship with all variety of sinners. Am I missing something here?
    God had to make Himself into a man in order to be fully tempted by sin, overcome sin, and save mankind from it. Sin cannot exist in Heaven because it is God’s Holy habitation. The Bible clearly speaks of the earth as being Satan’s domain for a time.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:55
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God doesn't send people to hell, it is your own personal choice.
    Thieves don't rob people. It is their own personal choice to walk in bad neighborhoods at late hours.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:01
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So, you are stipulating something God can't do? Some omnipotent God! Maybe "semi-potent" might be a better description.
    You mock something that you can't understand. Let me give you an example that Knightmeister said in another forum. It was in a different context but applies to this. God cannot tolerate sin because it goes against His nature. It is like the nature of love…a mother perfect in love “could” murder her baby, but in reality such a mother can’t.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:03
    It is like the nature of love…a mother perfect in love “could” murder her baby, but in reality such a mother can’t.
    The phrase "Perfect in love" is meaningless. If someone goes all Andrea Yates or Susan Smith on their kids, you just claim their love was less than perfect.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God doesn't send people to hell, it is your own personal choice.
    I don't know about other people and their respective choices. But for me, my choice is not to worship God and I still want to go to heaven. But I guess I'm not gonna get it according to my choice, huh?
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:11
    God had to make Himself into a man in order to be fully tempted by sin, overcome sin, and save mankind from it. Sin cannot exist in Heaven because it is God’s Holy habitation. The Bible clearly speaks of the earth as being Satan’s domain for a time.
    Listen to yourself. This is God apparently unlimited perfection. God can't be tempted, or he wouldn't be perfect.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:12
    You mock something that you can't understand.
    Mainly cause I like to live in a little place called reality.
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:29
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The phrase "Perfect in love" is meaningless. If someone goes all Andrea Yates or Susan Smith on their kids, you just claim their love was less than perfect.
    The kind of love that I was referring to was agape love. Agape love is perfect and cannot sin.

Also, Andrea Yates and Susan Smith did not love their children while they murdered them. If depression really is what forced them to commit murder, the depression forced them to not love their children as well. That was an invalid argument.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:35
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Listen to yourself. This is [b]God apparently unlimited perfection. God can't be tempted, or he wouldn't be perfect.[/b]
    Why do you think that temptation is where sin starts? Do you think that if a man or woman tries to tempt you to commit adultery you are guilty of sinning even if you resist the temptation?? It is the person who tempted you who has committed the sin, not you (if you have resisted).
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 03:41
    The kind of love that I was referring to was agape love. Agape love is perfect and cannot sin.

Also, Andrea Yates and Susan Smith did not love their children while they murdered them. If depression really is what forced them to commit murder, the depression forced them to not love their children as well. That was an invalid argument.
    Love is a strange thing. I am convinced that some kinds of love may even be instinctive. I think it is almost an instinct that parents should love their offspring. However, I can also believe that some parents don't love their offspring.... or at least don't love them enough. Killing their own offspring, however, is a totally different matter altogether. We see that even tigers don't kill their own cubs, even if they're hungry for food. Sometimes, maybe we humans should learn from the tigers.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 04:04
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Love is a strange thing. I am convinced that some kinds of love may even be instinctive. I think it is almost an instinct that parents should love their offspring. However, I can also believe that some parents don't love their offspring.... or at least don't love them enough. Killing their own offspring, however, is a totally different matter altogether. We ...[text shortened]... s, even if they're hungry for food. Sometimes, maybe we humans should learn from the tigers.
    I fully agree.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:06
    Why do you think that temptation is where sin starts? Do you think that if a man or woman tries to tempt you to commit adultery you are guilty of sinning even if you resist the temptation?? It is the person who tempted you who has committed the sin, not you (if you have resisted).
    None of these example of you relate to God in the slightest - people are not omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent or any other omni of your choice.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 05:54

Agreed. Your argument was indeed invalid.

What use is it to talk of a "love that cannot sin", when obviously no human being is capable of it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree