1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 23:23
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    1. Yes. From killing 1,000 people to stealing a cndy bar, you still have the same punishment.

2. If someone kidnapped you and your family, then killed you're family and let you go and got away, wouldn't you go all out to catch them and make sure they get what they deserve? Sinning is like that. That's how it makes God feel when we sin, except he still f ...[text shortened]... e are a lot of things to do, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm looking forward to it.
    you said god still forgives... how can he if he sends us to hell... is there a mark we cross and god says that's it, no more? also, what about if hitler, on his death bed repented... what if he was genuine sorry for what he did, is he still sent to hell?
  2. Earth
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 23:25
    1. Yes. From killing 1,000 people to stealing a cndy bar, you still have the same punishment.

2. If someone kidnapped you and your family, then killed you're family and let you go and got away, wouldn't you go all out to catch them and make sure they get what they deserve? Sinning is like that. That's how it makes God feel when we sin, except he still f ...[text shortened]... e are a lot of things to do, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm looking forward to it.
    What if another Adam sins again in this new heaven that we still have free will in?

Will we go through this all over? Don't tell me this heaven is going to be different because God won't let that happen again. If He could why didn't He do it right the first time, with Adam and Eve?
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 00:09
    Did any of you read this?? ( other than queenofnight - thanks for the comment! 🙂 )

God hates the sin, not the soul that has committed the sin. It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin. We ALL have sinned, so we ALL deserve - and are going - to Hell. But God didn't just abandon us in our condition; He gave us a way out and in doing so proved His pure, Perfect Love. He knew that He - a Holy God - could not live in the presence of sin so He sent His Son to die for us in order to give us the opportunity to choose to love Him (since we could not do this on our own due to the fact that we have sinned).

I believe that the reason God made the human race, universe etc, was to give His creation the chance to FREELY CHOOSE TO LOVE HIM. This brings Him the ultimate glory. The fact that we have a choice is the very reason why we are here.

We cannot choose to love God if their is no other alternative.

Josephw, could you finish what you were saying because I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:27
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    i'm glad you're passionate about your belief queen, but can i ask you just one question? do you think you have the ability to believe everything you dont believe in, just for one day? if not, how do you know you're right, you've never seen the view from the other side of the fence?
    I have seen the view. I hear it from people who believe in the things you believe in(Or don't believe in). I can see it,(your view) and where you're coming, from without having to believe it. I don't need to see the view from the other side of the fence. I think my grass is greener. I have not always believed the way I do now anyways. I have come to the truth thruough much study, and by faith. Also, yes! I am very passionate about my relationship with God, my Father.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:35
    Originally posted by Queenofnight
    I'm not going to be one of the poeple who say, "They told me, I knew, but I didn't believe because I thought that man was a superior being and had no use for a god. I just wanted to think for myself"!
    You sound like one of those "check your brain at the church door" christians. How pitiful.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:441 edit

2. If someone kidnapped you and your family, then killed you're family and let you go and got away, wouldn't you go all out to catch them and make sure they get what they deserve? Sinning is like that. That's how it makes God feel when we sin, except he still f e are a lot of things to do, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm looking forward to it.
    1. That is not justice. Graver crimes deserve harsher punishment. If God punishes candy bar thief and mass-murderer equally, then his claim that he is just is invalid (and frankly laughable).

2. No, I would not. I don't support vigilantism. Justice should be reasoned and unemotional.

People should get a 2nd chance to get out of hell because it makes no sense at all to sentence someone for infinity based on stuff they did in a 100 year time span.

3. Christians. It is a standard Christian defense to claim that God allowed all this suffering and tragedy into the world because he wanted man to have free will.
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 14:46
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    Did any of you read this?? ( other than queenofnight - thanks for the comment! 🙂 )

God hates the sin, not the soul that has committed the sin. It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin. We ALL have sinned, so we ALL deserve - and are going - to Hell. But God didn't just abando ...[text shortened]... nish what you were saying because I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject.
    sharpemother, you said god hates sin.... so are you saying god hates? doesnt hate come from the devil, are you saying that hate is so powerful even god cannot overcome it?
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 14:49
    queenofnight, thanks for the answer... i can appreciate what you're saying... can i ask you another question, if you feel strongly about something but the bible contradicts that belief, what do you go with? do you remain true to yourself, what feels right, or do you accept an external opinion, words written in a book?
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 15:00
    Originally posted by SharpeMother

God hates the sin, not the soul that has committed the sin. It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin. We ALL have sinned, so we ALL deserve - and are going - to Hell. But God didn't just abando ...[text shortened]... nish what you were saying because I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject.
    The sentence, "It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin" runs contrary to the essence and heart of the Gospel. In short, Jesus lived in a world of sin. He touched those who sinned. He listened to those who sinned. He ate with sinners. He had relationship with all variety of sinners. Am I missing something here?
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    People should get a 2nd chance to get out of hell because it makes no sense at all to sentence someone for infinity based on stuff they did in a 100 year time span.
    I think I need to elaborate further on this point. People tend to read the word "Infinity" without imagining what it really means.

Let's take Adolf Hitler. We'll be generous and ascribe the death of 6 million Jews to him (even tho he had help killing them). If you're a "eye for an eye, life for a life" type person, you'd probably approve a sentence of 6 million x 100 = 600 million years in hell as punishment for each life taken. But even this ridiculous span of time is not deemed enough punishment by the Bible!

The point is, any evil that man does in a mere 100 years pales in comparison to sentences of torment lasting into the thousands, millions, billions, trillions of years, etc. I don't think many christians realize how demented they sound when they exult in the prospect of heathens getting sent to hell.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 21:46
    queenofnight, thanks for the answer... i can appreciate what you're saying... can i ask you another question, if you feel strongly about something but the bible contradicts that belief, what do you go with? do you remain true to yourself, what feels right, or do you accept an external opinion, words written in a book?
    Thank you very much eatmybishop, for being so polite about this discussion. There are some people on here who sound like angry children. (not naming any names-er-bigdog's got a problem..😉 )
    OK.. If I had to choose between my own opinion or what the Bible has to say about it, I would have to go with the Bible. I don't belive they are just words written by some preacher/farmer/fisher fellas . I believe they are inspired by God, written through men, therefor the words of God.. I really don't think there is anything in the Bible that would go against anyhing I think/feel is right. My sin nature can feel something and think it feels good, but my concience knows better. when I was young, I stole a candy bar from a convenience store. Man that candy bar tasted good, but what I did was not right. My mom made me go back to the store and apologize. Thankfully I was too young to have any serious punishment for it. (ie. community work..)Having to go back and tell the worker at the store what I had done was so hummiliating for me (however young I was.). It was good that my mom made me though, otherwise how else would I have learned my lesson? If I got away with it once, I'm sure I would have done it again. .. Do you see what I'm saying?;
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 23:34
    Originally posted by Queenofnight
    There are some people on here who sound like angry children. (not naming any names-er-bigdog's got a problem..😉
    Funny, you evangelical types are not shy about mocking skeptics and thinking people. You show your scorn for the viewpoints of others; why should I hide mine?
  13. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 01:49
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I think I need to elaborate further on this point. People tend to read the word "Infinity" without imagining what it really means.

Let's take Adolf Hitler. We'll be generous and ascribe the death of 6 million Jews to him (even tho he had help killing them). If you're a "eye for an eye, life for a life" type person, you'd probably approve a sentence ...[text shortened]... w demented they sound when they exult in the prospect of heathens getting sent to hell.
    Sounds like logical reasoning to me.

Heaven and Hell must be very big places, huh? I think God will have to start planning to expand the size much further. Over the last thousands of years imagine how many people have gone - and are staying - in heaven and hell. About 6.5 billion more are on the way there. And the number is growing by the minute! So unless god does something about it soon, these places are going to get really, really crowded.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:02
    you said god still forgives... how can he if he sends us to hell... is there a mark we cross and god says that's it, no more? also, what about if hitler, on his death bed repented... what if he was genuine sorry for what he did, is he still sent to hell?
    God doesn't send people to hell, it is your own personal choice.
  15. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:03
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Sounds like logical reasoning to me.

Heaven and Hell must be very big places, huh? I think God will have to start planning to expand the size much further. Over the last thousands of years imagine how many people have gone - and are staying - in heaven and hell. About 6.5 billion more are on the way there. And the number is growing by the minute! So unless god does something about it soon, these places are going to get really, really crowded.
    We could probably fit the current world population in texas.

Would be tight though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree