1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 09:57
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Right. It's basically a banal form of mind-control. Threaten them with the worst possible fate one can imagine, prey on their fear of the unknown, and watch them 'believe' in droves.
    Much of the country, however, lacks adequate infrastructure. Laos has no railways, although a short link is planned to connect Vientiane with Thailand over the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge. The major roads connecting the major urban centres, mainly forming Route 13, have been significantly upgraded in recent years, but villages that are far from major roads are accessible only through unpaved roads that may not be accessible year-round. There is limited external and internal telecommunication, particularly of the wire line sort, but mobile cellular phone usage has become widespread in urban centres. In many rural areas electricity is either not available or offered only during scheduled periods.
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:54
    for all the people who have said, "so you're saying rapists and peadophiles should go to heaven as well" then.... yes, i guess i am saying that... isn't that what forgiveness is all about? not for one second am i saying it is right what they do, but even a rapist has a mother and i'm sure that mother still loves him; would she still want to go to heaven knowing her son was sent to hell for eternity; how could she live forever in happiness knowing her son was elsewhere; also, what if she pleaded with god to forgive her son and he said no, would she want to stay there? by sending the mother to heaven and the evil son to hell you have destroyed their connection of love; what if the mother says "send me to hell because i love my son", what happens then? will god do that, if so, love now exist in hell. doesnt that make the mother greater than god, she has forsaken heaven, a life of bliss, to give hope and love to her evil son in hell, something even god couldn't have done.

the bible preaches forgiveness yet it seems so few christians truely follow it; if at the day of judgement god had all of the most evil beings that have walked the earth in a room and declared, "i forgive you... for you are all my children"; isn't that act so much more difficult and powerful to do then simply casting them aside forever? dont you think by sending them to hell god has declared that even forgiveness and love was not powerful enough to tough him so that he could have touched then with it; if god sends then to hell it implies god has flaws - he is on the same level as us who couldnt bring ourselves to forgive these people in our lifetime...

when we hear of an evil act we want to punish that person, we hate that person, yet in all honesty doesnt all that hate eat us up inside, does that hate ever do anygood to anyone? arn't we spreading hate with hate?, where is the good in that.... where is the teachings of love in that? by god sending a soul to hell, it implies he too has hate within him.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    for all the people who have said, "so you're saying rapists and peadophiles should go to heaven as well" then.... yes, i guess i am saying that... isn't that what forgiveness is all about? not for one second am i saying it is right what they do, but even a rapist has a mother and i'm sure that mother still loves him; would she still want to go to heaven love in that? by god sending a soul to hell, it implies he too has hate within him.
    God hates the sin, not the soul that has committed the sin. It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin. We ALL have sinned, so we ALL deserve - and are going - to Hell. But God didn't just abandon us in our condition; He gave us a way out and in doing so proved His pure, Perfect Love. He knew that He - a Holy God - could not live in the presence of sin so He sent His Son to die for us in order to give us the opportunity to choose to love Him (since we could not do this on our own due to the fact that we have sinned). I believe that the reason God made the human race, universe etc, was to give His creation the chance to FREELY CHOOSE TO LOVE HIM. This brings Him the ultimate glory. The fact that we have a choice is the very reason why we are here.

We cannot choose to love God if their is no other alternative.

Josephw, could you finish what you were saying because I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject.
  4. Earth
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 13:57
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Much of the country, however, lacks adequate infrastructure. Laos has no railways, although a short link is planned to connect Vientiane with Thailand over the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge. The major roads connecting the major urban centres, mainly forming Route 13, have been significantly upgraded in recent years, but villages that are far from major roads are ...[text shortened]... n many rural areas electricity is either not available or offered only during scheduled periods.
    Seagrasses are believed to be derived from terrestrial plants which returned to the sea by gradual, progressive steps of acclimation to shallow fresh water, to shallow brackish water, and finally to submersion in marine water. The adaptation to a submerged life in marine waters involves a complex set of anatomical, morphological and physioloigcal changes. For example, there is a "set" of hydrophytic anatomical features which accompany a submersed life style. These include the following:

The blade is strap-like and has either no cutinous layer or just a thin one.
    There is a single cholorphyllous-cell layer (the epidermis) below which is a thick colorless aerenchyma layer with large air canals running the length of the blade.
    The rhizome often serves as a storage area for the starch and includes a continuation of the air canals.
    Roots include root hairs (which allow nutrient uptake from the sediments) and also includes a continuation of the air canals.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:19
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Even murderers and paedophiles?
    Yes. Hitler, Saddam, (If they were saved by God's grace.) If you will recall the story in John chapter 8. where Christ tells the pharisees who brought him the audulteress woman, that ,"him without sin should cast the first stone." Not only this, but if the saving blood of Christ is not good enough to save ALL, then it is not good enough to save ANY! If murderers and pediphiles cannot be covered by His blood, then His death was for nothing. It was useless.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:23
    Originally posted by Queenofnight
    Yes. Hitler, Saddam, (If they were saved by God's grace.) If you will recall the story in John chapter 8. where Christ tells the pharisees who brought him the audulteress woman, that ,"him without sin should cast the first stone." Not only this, but if the saving blood of Christ is not good enough to save ALL, then it is not good enough to save ANY! If ...[text shortened]... nd pediphiles cannot be covered by His blood, then His death was for nothing. It was useless.
    Of course, I highly doubt that anyone who could commit such atrosities as these monsters did, could be saved. Or could be, in any way, connected with any good. I can only imagine what kind of dominic influence they must have gone under to become the way they ended up.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:361 edit
    for all the people who have said, "so you're saying rapists and peadophiles should go to heaven as well" then.... yes, i guess i am saying that... isn't that what forgiveness is all about? not for one second am i saying it is right what they do, but even a rapist has a mother and i'm sure that mother still loves him; would she still want to go to heaven love in that? by god sending a soul to hell, it implies he too has hate within him.
    God isn't going to forgive anyone who doesn't believe in Him. Not only that, but it would be impossible for a mother to take the place of her son in hell. Each person has an individual will. A mother wanting to take her child's place, isn't going to change the dicisions he's already made to get him there. God"s Son already took our place in death when He died on the cross. There is no more 'taking some ones place' needed any more! He already paid the price, and all He askes in return is our belief that He did so..
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:38
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    God hates the sin, not the soul that has committed the sin. It is God's inability to live in the presence of sin that forces Him to banish those who have chosen to sin. We ALL have sinned, so we ALL deserve - and are going - to Hell. But God didn't just abandon us in our condition; He gave us a way out and in doing so proved His pure, Perfect Love. He ...[text shortened]... nish what you were saying because I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject.
    I compleatly agree momma'.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:50
    Right. It's basically a banal form of mind-control. Threaten them with the worst possible fate one can imagine, prey on their fear of the unknown, and watch them 'believe' in droves.
    Well satin would love for people to NOT believe, and share his fate in hell, in droves. Do you care to join him? I'm not going to be one of the poeple who say, "They told me, I knew, but I didn't believe because I thought that man was a superior being and had no use for a god. I just wanted to think for myself"! It's so proud! As they say though, pride comes before a fall. If you keep on the track your on, you WILL eventually fall. I hope you can see this. Don't be blind to it.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 04:071 edit
    Yes. Hitler, Saddam, (If they were saved by God's grace.) If you will recall the story in John chapter 8. where Christ tells the pharisees who brought him the audulteress woman, that ,"him without sin should cast the first stone." Not only this, but if the saving blood of Christ is not good enough to save ALL, then it is not good enough to save ANY! If ...[text shortened]... nd pediphiles cannot be covered by His blood, then His death was for nothing. It was useless.
    Sounds like heaven is easier to get into than Paris Hilton's knickers.
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 12:00
    Well satin would love for people to NOT believe, and share his fate in hell, in droves. Do you care to join him? I'm not going to be one of the poeple who say, "They told me, I knew, but I didn't believe because I thought that man was a superior being and had no use for a god. I just wanted to think for myself"! It's so proud! As they say though, pride ...[text shortened]... he track your on, you WILL eventually fall. I hope you can see this. Don't be blind to it.
    there is no devil queenofnight, only the devil you create for yourself in this world
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 21:29
    there is no devil queenofnight, only the devil you create for yourself in this world
    There is sin, there is good. If there are these things, how can there not be a devil? How can there not be a God? There is hurt and pain. Joy and thanksgiving. Hun, I disagree with you. How can you say there is no devil when there are clearly demonic powers? How can you just explain away history and all the proof they have of a Christ that lived on earth and performed miracles? You can't ignore it.
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 22:29
    There is sin, there is good. If there are these things, how can there not be a devil? How can there not be a God? There is hurt and pain. Joy and thanksgiving. Hun, I disagree with you. How can you say there is no devil when there are clearly demonic powers? How can you just explain away history and all the proof they have of a Christ that lived on earth and performed miracles? You can't ignore it.
    i'm glad you're passionate about your belief queen, but can i ask you just one question? do you think you have the ability to believe everything you dont believe in, just for one day? if not, how do you know you're right, you've never seen the view from the other side of the fence?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 22:40
    How can you say there is no devil when there are clearly demonic powers?

🙄

How can you just explain away history and all the proof they have of a Christ that lived on earth and performed miracles?

What "proof"? Like the bible? Is "The Hobbit" proof that Orcs exist too?
  15. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 23:01
    And all hell-bound share the same fate, from a mass-murder like Adolf Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer, to the average Joe who just couldn't be bothered with religion.

Also, the eternal thingy. Why should hell be eternal? Wouldn't 100 years of continuous torture be enough to change someone's ways? I'm sure it would. And yet, nobody is given a 2nd chance.
    ...[text shortened]... e wanted to make robots. He just wants to turn them into Robots once they reach heaven.
    1. Yes. From killing 1,000 people to stealing a cndy bar, you still have the same punishment.

2. If someone kidnapped you and your family, then killed you're family and let you go and got away, wouldn't you go all out to catch them and make sure they get what they deserve? Sinning is like that. That's how it makes God feel when we sin, except he still forgives. Why should anyone get a second chance? They had their whole life, however long that may be, to convert to the truth but they didn't.

3. Who said free will is being able to sin? Heaven is a great place that we have free will in, free will being having a mind, a soul, and to be allowed to spend eternity with God. There are a lot of things to do, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm looking forward to it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree