1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 03:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have not asserted that God does not exist. Have you been following this discussion at all? I have said that I do not think God has revealed himself to people like you and KellyJay [I used to think he had], and that neither of you know what 'God's instructions' are.
    My apologies then! I had no idea you believe in God. I guess I made a whopper of an assumption! Well, obviously you don't believe in the God of the bible, so, which god do you believe in?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 03:50
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I thought to myself, "Now there is a cause that both FMF and I would stand against." Am I right?
    I am starting to think that you don't actually read any of my posts properly. My views on the freedom of speech have been splattered across this forum, and more especially the debate forum, for years and years.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 03:51
    My apologies then! I had no idea you believe in God. I guess I made a whopper of an assumption! Well, obviously you don't believe in the God of the bible, so, which god do you believe in?
    I am not a religionist.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 03:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am starting to think that you don't actually read any of my posts properly. My views on the freedom of speech have been splattered across this forum, and more especially the debate forum, for years and years.
    I was literal in what I said. Are you arguing with my assumption that you champion free speech, like I do?

I'm afraid that it is you that didn't read my thread thoroughly.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 04:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not a religionist.
    Ah. A deist or pantheist or something of the like. Gotcha. That's cool. Kinda fashionable and trendy as well. Good for you. Really. I'm pleasantly surprised.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 04:03
    I was literal in what I said. Are you arguing with my assumption that you champion free speech, like I do?
    What I have decided to do is to simply ignore your "assumptions" when they relate to me. I am quite happy for you to project whatever you want onto me, as you have already done on this thread with regard to my 28 years of Christian life. 😵
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 04:04
    I'm afraid that it is you that didn't read my thread thoroughly.
    Which thread is that?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 04:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have said nothing about "not finding him faithful and true". Therefore your assertions about what I did believe and did not believe, in terms of this, have no traction or relevance. You need to stop talking indirectly about how strong you think your faith is. How strong you personally think your own faith is now has absolutely nothing to do with what my faith ...[text shortened]... ntly have are unrelated topics - or, least, not related in the way you are trying to make out.
    Here is where I think you fall out according to scripture. Since I do agree that you
    can have recieved the Word gladly at one point, but...

Mark 4:15-17
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 These are the ones who are beside the road where the word is sown; and when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word which has been sown in them. 16 In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; 17 and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

You had no roots, you were not grounded, but you did recieve it once.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Here is where I think you fall out according to scripture. Since I do agree that you
    can have recieved the Word gladly at one point, but...

Mark 4:15-17
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 These are the ones who are beside the road where the word is sown; and when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word which has been sown in th ...[text shortened]... they fall away.

You had no roots, you were not grounded, but you did recieve it once.
    Kelly
    I used to subscribe to stuff like the New American Standard Bible. Back when I did, I probably would have agreed with you 100% about what its significance was, and as a Christian I would have certainly believed that it applied to me. But, as I have made clear to you, I do not believe that stuff anymore, I do not view the New American Standard Bible as applicable or relevant to me, and I am no longer claiming that "Mark 4:15-17" has anything to do with me, and while you may believe "Satan" has interfered with me in some way, I have no such belief.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 20:36
    Originally posted by FMF

I used to subscribe to stuff like the New American Standard Bible. Back when I did, I probably would have agreed with you 100% about what its significance was, and as a Christian I would have certainly believed that it applied to me. But, as I have made clear to you, I do not believe that stuff anymore, I do not view the New American Standard Bible as applicab ...[text shortened]... and while you may believe "Satan" has interfered with me in some way, I have no such belief.
    Your take on this commentary?

http://www.chick.com/information/bibleversions/articles/kingjamesbible.asp
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '12 23:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Your take on this commentary?

http://www.chick.com/information/bibleversions/articles/kingjamesbible.asp
    Here's a link for you https://www.google.com/ Put something in there. Have a look. Get back to us if you want. And please do not PM me.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 00:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 02:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    How would I know?
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 03:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How would I know?
    Yes, how would you know if Jonathan Edwards was ever a real Christian? And yet you have been telling me that I was never a real Christian over and over and over again on this forum.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 05:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, how would you know if Jonathan Edwards was ever a real Christian? And yet you have been telling me that I was never a real Christian over and over and over again on this forum.
    If he posts on this forum, he wasn't. No one would ever give up a rich personal relationship with Jesus to hang out here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree