Because it's your turn.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Because it's your turn.
    FMF has taught you well. The two of you would make a great dodge-ball team. Assuming you can dodge balls as well as you can dodge questions.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 05:44
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    FMF has taught you well. The two of you would make a great dodge-ball team. Assuming you can dodge balls as well as you can dodge questions.
    Copying the general forum banter won't get you farchim here. Are you up for answering some questions about yourself?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 05:49
    Copying the general forum banter won't get you farchim here. Are you up for answering some questions about yourself?
    I will certainly answer your questions once you have answered mine.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 05:52
    I will certainly answer your questions once you have answered mine.
    But it's your turn; don't you like taking turns?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 05:54
    But it's your turn; don't you like taking turns?
    I ask you a question, you dodge it, then it's my turn to answer my own question? Nice try.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 06:021 edit
    I ask you a question, you dodge it, then it's my turn to answer my own question? Nice try.
    Are accumulatimg questions asked in this thread alone, or including your questions in the "factors affecting belief" thread or all your questions in all your hreads since April?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 07:31
    Are accumulatimg questions asked in this thread alone, or including your questions in the "factors affecting belief" thread or all your questions in all your hreads since April?
    I have answered your questions haven't I? Now why won't you answer mine?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 21:35
    I have answered your questions haven't I? Now why won't you answer mine?
    Two reasons:

1) it's your turn

2) I'm only talking to you because I spotted your dishonesty; frankly I think you're a jouvenile troll.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 14:54
    I would say that "Spirituality" involves the human spirit.

Now many people assume by the human spirit I must mean pretty much the same thing as the human soul. But you have to get into the Bible to see that the soul of man and the spirit of man are seen as two distinct parts of man.

This distinction is gradually made more clear as the plan of salvation is made more clear though the books of the Bible.

It is not always clear to me in some passages. But it is abundantly clear in some crucial passages. For example we see Hebrews speaking of the division of soul and spirit -

" For the word of God is living and operative and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit and of joints and marrow, and able to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrew 4:12)

By experience we get to understand that the soul of man and the spirit of man are kind of stuck together. But the word of God can so convict the conscience that the Christian can tell -

"Oh, this is just me. This is just my self, my soul."

"Oh, this is the Lord Jesus in me. This is God dwelling in my spirit."

There is a division of soul and spirit.

Now, For the non-Christian, the human conscience is involved in the spirit. So for the non-Christian I would say that "Spirituality" probably involves the human conscience.

Therefore, I think all men and women, so far as their conscience may be activated, approach Spirituality to some degree. The conscience is a function of the human spirit.

This is not a simple matter because there is such a thing as an over sensitive conscience too, IE. a conscience that convicts one's self wrongly and needlessly.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 14:57
    I may have been too hard on Badwater.
    Badwater, if I came down on you needlessly too hard, I apologize.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree