1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 21:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As is pointed out in Luke 2 the shepherds in the field were not gazing into the heavens at the time. They were instead busy watching over their flock and were surprized and frightened by the glory of the angels. They had no time to mistake these angels as a star. But notice that the angels departed and went back up into heaven. At some point as they we ...[text shortened]... se angels probably looked like a star again, but by then the Shepherds already knew what it was.
    Ok. So no way they would have noticed a bright unuseal light or star in heaven? Ok if that's what you think...
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Your assuming nobody else saw this star but the bible does not state either way. We know absolutely that Magi from the East saw it and actually knew it's meaning beforehand. When they arrived at the capitol of the Jews which makes sense because they were looking for the King of the Jews this is usually were one might find Kings. What is not as clear is if t ...[text shortened]... den to use the stars in a way contrary to what they were taught and were not looking.

Manny
    So if the magi knew before hand what this meant, why did god's own people not know it and not see it and many, many of them not start looking for the location of Jesus being born?
    You see there is a clear picture here that the Bible is describing. This star or light was never mentioned at all by being seen by not even "one" of God's people who should have had the honor to see this first more then anyone on the planet, if this were in fact God's dealings.
    But yet only these paganistic astrologers saw it and at first when the opportunity would have been the best and not getting Herod involved at all, would have been the time to make this star go and position itself over Jesus parents house in the beginning.
    So either God didn't plan this very good as it actually put his own son's life in danger or he nothing to do with it.....
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 21:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Correct. If you notice Galveston says :

The issue here is what the Bible says and does not say, not what we think.

and then concludes by telling us what he thinks :

This star was clearly not from God and with it's original directing these magi to Herod, not Jesus, proves it had a sinister purpose and could only have been controled by something evil, satan.

How could people be so blind?
    Precisely my point thoughout my exchanges with Galveston in this thread.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jan '14 23:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok. So no way they would have noticed a bright unuseal light or star in heaven? Ok if that's what you think...
    Well, i think it would be stupid of the shepherds to say a star fell down on them from heaven and spoke to them. Perhaps that's just me.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 00:04
    Well, i think it would be stupid of the shepherds to say a star fell down on them from heaven and spoke to them. Perhaps that's just me.
    Where did I say anything about a star falling on them?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 01:08
    Where did I say anything about a star falling on them?
    Make up your mind. Was it a real star or was it angels?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 01:25
    Make up your mind. Was it a real star or was it angels?
    You said star. I was just following what you said. So no answer?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 01:49
    You said star. I was just following what you said. So no answer?
    No, I am the one that said the supposed star was really angels. Now do we agree?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 03:461 edit
    No, I am the one that said the supposed star was really angels. Now do we agree?
    Not in the least. So then you are saying the Bible is wrong when it does not use the term angel when it clearly did say angel when the shepherds were told?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 04:47
    Not in the least. So then you are saying the Bible is wrong when it does not use the term angel when it clearly did say angel when the shepherds were told?
    I would never say the Holy Bible is wrong. However, maybe you are wrong.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 05:07
    I would never say the Holy Bible is wrong. However, maybe you are wrong.
    Your the one calling the star an angel not me.....
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 05:14
    Your the one calling the star an angel not me.....
    I told you that sometimes the Holy Bible refers to angels as stars. But any idiot knows it does not mean angels are stars like our sun. So get your head out for a change.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Jan '14 05:53
    So if the magi knew before hand what this meant, why did god's own people not know it and not see it and many, many of them not start looking for the location of Jesus being born?
    You see there is a clear picture here that the Bible is describing. This star or light was never mentioned at all by being seen by not even "one" of God's people who should h ...[text shortened]... this very good as it actually put his own son's life in danger or he nothing to do with it.....
    The Jews mainly the religious folks of that day were not really concerned about the things of God they were more concerned with keeping their place the religious system in place. So yes not only did many of the Jews miss the King of Kings humble entrance into to this world they also missed who the messiah really was and they crucified Him. G-Man ? you really don't know your bible very well do you. Jesus called the religious people of his day an obstinate People who while hearing did not hear and seeing but do not see.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree