Star of Bethlehem ??

Star of Bethlehem ??

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Well yes it does sir and I did not say the Magi were against Jesus did I? You never read what I say but only want to argue like a fool.
It is crystal clear that the star which is "what this thread is about" was not a good thing and never used by God as the fairytail story would suggest.
Common sense would conclude that it was something satan was behind........
Why have you put "what this thread is about" in speech marks, I never used that phrase? And please stop being abusive Galveston, calling someone a fool is not edifying when you are trying to make a point.

Moves
28 Dec 13
2 edits

Well yes it does sir and I did not say the Magi were against Jesus did I? You never read what I say but only want to argue like a fool.
It is crystal clear that the star which is "what this thread is about" was not a good thing and never used by God as the fairytail story would suggest.
Common sense would conclude that it was something satan was behind........
So you have no actual response to the points in my post?

Here they are again in case you missed them:

- They "worshipped the young child". Has this been removed from your translation? I bet it has as it people worshipping Jesus.

- They brought and left expensive gifts (and left them with the child)

- They were "divinely warned" not to return to Herod and so went home by another route.

This evidence is specifically called out repeatedly in the gospels, would you like to back up your JW version with some actual evidence please?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 13
1 edit

Another idea of the Star of Bethlehem.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 13

Originally posted by divegeester
So you have no actual response to the points in my post?

- They "worshipped the young child". Has this been removed from your translation? I bet it has as it people worshipping Jesus.

- They were "divinely warned" not to retur ...[text shortened]... edly in the gospels, would you like to back up your JW version with some actual evidence please?
Yes they worshipped the "young child" not a baby. The bible clearly says it was at their home where they found him. They had no intent on harming Jesus and this is the reason they did not go there directly from Herod and the reason they did not return to Herod as he had ordered them to do.

Again this is not what this thread is about is it? I'm discussing the star and who was behind it existing and leading them to Jesus. It was not something God did as the intent of this star was to lead Herod to Jesus in order to have him killed.

So who would want him killed in the grand scheme of things and is against anything God has purpossed especially with his son to one day be the King of his Fathers Kingdom? And what better chance to have Jesus killed then when he was a baby and defenceless? Satan was the one behind this star.....

Sorry you do not get that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 13

Why have you put "what this thread is about" in speech marks, I never used that phrase? And please stop being abusive Galveston, calling someone a fool is not edifying when you are trying to make a point.
I use the word fool honestly with quite a bit of experiance in dealing with you....
You show no interest in learning anything about the bible and you deny Jehovah. The bible clearly calls ones a "fool" who take this stand. Hence it is an honest description I think.
If you don't like my postings, then ignor them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 13

Yes they worshipped the "young child" not a baby. The bible clearly says it was at their home where they found him. They had no intent on harming Jesus and this is the reason they did not go there directly from Herod and the reason they did not return to Herod as he had ordered them to do.

Again this is not what this thread is about is it? I'm discus ...[text shortened]... s a baby and defenceless? Satan was the one behind this star.....

If they found Jesus at their home then that would be Nazareth, right?

http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/jesus-christ-nazareth-house.htm

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
If they found Jesus at their home then that would be Nazareth, right?

http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/jesus-christ-nazareth-house.htm
Matt 2:19 explains the events: 19 When Herod had died, look! Jehovah’s angel appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
20 and said: “Get up, take the young child and his mother and go into the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the life of the young child are dead.”
21 So he got up and took the young child and the child’s mother and entered into the land of Israel.
22 But hearing that Ar·che·laus ruled
Ju·dea instead of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Moreover, being given divine warning in a dream, he withdrew into the territory of
Gali·lee.
23 And he came and settled in a city named Naza·reth, in order to fulfill what was spoken through the prophets: “He will be called a Naz·a·rene.”

No they would have found them still living in Bethlehem in a home as they had not yet moved to Nazareth....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 13

Matt 2:19 explains the events: 19 When Herod had died, look! Jehovah’s angel appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
20 and said: “Get up, take the young child and his mother and go into the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the life of the young child are dead.”
21 So he got up and took the young child and the child’s mother and entered in ...[text shortened]... ld have found them still living in Bethlehem in a home as they had not yet moved to Nazareth....
So after the birth they were able to rent a house in Bethlehem for awhile before fleeing to Egypt and then returning to Nazareth. Is that right?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 13

So after the birth they were able to rent a house in Bethlehem for awhile before fleeing to Egypt and then returning to Nazareth. Is that right?
Sounds right unless you have other info on it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 13

Sounds right unless you have other info on it.
That could work.

Moves
28 Dec 13
2 edits

Again this is not what this thread is about is it? I'm discus ...[text shortened]... s a baby and defenceless? Satan was the one behind this star.....

Are you actually going to address the points I'm raising or just keep going on about satan wanting to kill Jesus?

You are claiming that the wise men were sent by satan to kill Jesus correct? Well here are the scriptural based evidences against your leaderships claim:

- They were "divinely warned" not to return to Herod and so went home by another route.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 13

Are you actually going to address the points I'm raising or just keep going on about satan wanting to kill Jesus?

You are claiming that the wise men were sent by satan to kill Jesus correct? Well here are the scriptural based evidences against your leaderships claim:

- They "worshipped the young chil ...[text shortened]... hild)

Lol. You are sooooo predictable buddy that it's actually getting funny or sad depending on ones view.

I never said anything of the sort and I'm not going to waste my time as usual answering you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 13

That could work.
Thanks....

Moves
29 Dec 13

I never said anything of the sort and I'm not going to waste my time as usual answering you.
On page 2, 10 posts down, you said:

"It was satan who saw this as a chance to kill the son of God."

You did say it and I honestly don't know why you are denying it and yet again making your claims into a controversy by being dishonest. Why are you unable to be honest and address my counter claims to your comments Galveston?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Dec 13

On page 2, 10 posts down, you said:

[b]"It was satan who saw this as a chance to kill the son of God."

You did say it and I honestly don't know why you are denying it and yet again making your claims into a controversy by being dishonest. Why are you unable to be honest and address my counter claims to your comments Galveston?[/b]